Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Everton & Burnley Matches Tonight

11 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Don't get this argument, they'd be utterly destroyed financially. Leeds will be far more of a threat in the Championship. 

If the Championship is somewhere close to being as ordinary next season as it was this (i.e Luton vs Hudderfield in the playoffs) , Everton even after the likely departures , Richarlison ...will have more than enough left to be in the top 2

5 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I’d like to see it so I’m paying the full amount. Hard search isn’t it, I know I used the words bet struck. 

Screenshot_20220519-211709_Chrome.jpg.66732cf18ac1c10575dddc0d5e93b854.jpg

Screenshot_20220519-211744_Chrome.thumb.jpg.48daccc4d2e1f1eb3da5360d4e25a711.jpg

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Screenshot_20220519-211709_Chrome.jpg.66732cf18ac1c10575dddc0d5e93b854.jpg

Screenshot_20220519-211744_Chrome.thumb.jpg.48daccc4d2e1f1eb3da5360d4e25a711.jpg

We’re getting there, the £50 bet was from Leeds first season hence me talking past tense. I think that was you but could never find it . 

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

If the Championship is somewhere close to being as ordinary next season as it was this (i.e Luton vs Hudderfield in the playoffs) , Everton even after the likely departures , Richarlison ...will have more than enough left to be in the top 2

I agree. Yes they would have big financial problems (PL wages almost certainly with no relegation clauses) and lose a lot of players to transfer requests, but I think considering they’re yet to be relegated from the PL they would have enough experience in their reserves to go straight back up

1 hour ago, Ken Hairy said:

Everton are a shambles. 

That shambles are now 3-2 up, and looking safe. Good news as there is enough competition in the championship without Everton!

• Like 1

FFS, Palace.

Everton have, head and shoulders, been the worst team we've played this season.

5 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

FFS, Palace.

Everton have, head and shoulders, been the worst team we've played this season.

But they're probably the side who would have the greatest resources to mount a serious promotion bid straight away if relegated. For me, Burnley are the side we want to be relegated - they owe huge debts, have American owners who want to make a profit and have no real obvious stars they could sell to build a war chest.  

Edited by Terminally Yellow

25 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Oh well, irrelevant now.

Well if Lampard was the target when Farke was sacked this feels quite sickening.

Glad Everton won't be in the Chump tbh.

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

Well if Lampard was the target when Farke was sacked this feels quite sickening.

Glad Everton won't be in the Chump tbh.

Lampard wouldn't have had us any better

A club of Evertons side celebrating this as if they'd won the ****ing Champions League, tinpot 

Edited by Ken Hairy

Do people genuinely believe this?!

Everton were not going down. It wouldn't be allowed. Palace just stuck two fingers to the man by going 2 up and then rolled over to do what was instructed. 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

A club of Evertons side celebrating this as if they'd won the ****ing Champions League, tinpot 

How dare fans be happy their club is not getting relegated, flog all of em I say

Funny how everyone says that yet if we came from behind to get a win and pull of a miricile escape to stay in the prem we would be doing the exact same and you would be celebrating it

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

How dare fans are happy their club is not getting relegated, flog all of em I say

Funny how everyone says that yet if we came from behind to get a win and pull of a miricile escape to stay in the prem we would be doing the exact same and you would be celebrating it

Not at Carrow Rd mate, a polite ripple of applause then home for a nice cuppa 👍

Seriously though, they're Everton not ****ing Brentford 

35 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

We’re getting there, the £50 bet was from Leeds first season hence me talking past tense. I think that was you but could never find it . 

I dont have time to look. But since you lost the bet, reminded me of it on here in the past few months as I've screenshotted, and I've said I'm not too bothered what the amount is, get in touch with @nutty nigel and make a PUPS donation you're comfortable with. 🙃

• Thanks 1

Well that was fun! Hate to sound negative but glad to not be involved 😆 Goodison was going nuts! Be a right day now on Sunday

Leeds going down has always been my preference. Would have been funny to see Everton drop, but alas not to be.

Atmosphere at Goodison looked absolutely nuts. They would have been financially ****ed by relegation and to come from 2 down at half time to an 85th min winner to save them is great drama.