Sign in to follow this  
yellow_belly

Time for Stuart 90% Webber to go?

Webber out  

107 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Time to ask Stuart 90% Webber to go?

• Yes
    • No

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/04/22 at 23:00

Webber's been very successful in the Championship. So I would give him one more year. But if next season is a flop, then it's time to say cheerio.

Only because he is making it really clear he doesn’t want to be here. I wouldn’t care how good he is, I don’t like the idea of someone in such an important position staying here just because he feels in some way obliged. 

• Like 1

Think he should go as I feel so angry right now, but voted No as I see no replacement out there - my fear is Neil Adams and us going down the Bryan Gunn hole again "Cause they're a club legend". 

Webber bought into his his own hype last summer, and here we are with a bucket of rocks with only a few showing the diamond edge.  I think he'll learn from this and get better, and so I'd rather stick with what we know - he's a smart guy and very driven to succeed, which is never a bad trait.

Making a change is only useful if the change is better. If we get rid of Webber, who are we going to get that's better? Probably a lot worse and end up where we were. Being angry about now and wanting to change doesn't mean the change will be better. Be careful what you wish for.

(The same logic should have been applied before we sacked Farke also).

As soon as Board members start arguing in the street with fans it  really is a new low

ok there might of been 5/10 fans there is does not matter the Video of Webber his smirk his gesture 

After the Interview about 90 % etc was the final Straw 

He has done his Job the club is set up off the pitch but his recruitment was terrible last summer 

it is time that he learnt he is not indispensable 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ricardo said:

People get very cross when they discover you can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

Unless there's a billionaire waiting in the wings, this is our lot.

Anger and frustration won't change that basic fact.

The anger and frustration need expressing, our owners are just sleep walking yo yet another relegation and running out of gems to sell

22 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

But we couldn't outbid them because we'd wasted so much on Sargent and Tzolis.

No, it was the same with Armstrong. We put down an offer and refused to go higher. Ajer was at the start of the summer. From what I have seen of him this season, he wouldn't have made a difference.

I mean, the suggestion when looking at that, is that our primary targets were exactly what others had asked for. Armstrong, a capable championship striker with potential to make the step up - £15m. Ajer, a young player that could operate at CB or DM, though mainly the former  - £12m. Rashica, the one we did land - £8.5m. I'm guessing Lees-Melou would still have been added as well due to his low cost. 

On 23/04/2022 at 18:01, Barry Brockes said:

Isn't Neil Adams waiting in the wings to take over from Mr.90%?

I hope not. He will be though. Jobs for mates.

On 23/04/2022 at 18:46, Chichcan said:

I voted no because I don’t want Adams although I think Webber has reached the end of his useful time here

If Webber walked now Adams would definitely just be promoted

Id like us to be looking properly at an experienced Sporting Director from outside the club with new ideas and a fresh eye

Absolutely this. Adams would have seniority over whoever is in the position that he wasn't deemed good enough for some years ago. To quietly promote him into the role, talk about wanting to keep things cosy. Get out there and headhunt the very best person available, or even the best person who is currently unavailable...and give them reason to want the job. 'Neil knows the club inside out" bla bla bla. Thats exactly why it shouldn't be him. New blood, new ideas, someone who'll rattle a few cages. Which is exactly what they'd be frightened of happening if they did that....

• Like 2

If The Smiths thought the Sunday morning article from Paddy and Connor was bad enough (you can just hear her screeching out........'How dare they' whilst being spoon fed her Sunday Lunch!), todays edition from Paddy is a superb piece of journalism. Rightly giving considerable praise to Webber for the work in the early years and the two fantastic promotions, he pulls no punches whatsoever in his criticism of Webbers' 'apparent' arrogance and the much held perception that he really doesn't want to be here any longer. Once you lose the local rag, you're always on a very tricky wicket. Whether Webber is ....'looking for a payout' I've no idea but the notion of The Smiths clinging to him (like they did with Worthy) for another year or so is truly frightening. Personally I think Webber has now upset too many people and will soon depart .......'to pursue other opportunities'     

I agree with those who say it's run its course. He has done a great job and I don't think anybody can say they regret having him here. 

A fresh perspective and new ideas are needed at this point. 

I'm grateful for what Webber has done here though.