nevermind, neoliberalism has had it

Striving to make sense of the Ukraine war

9 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Isn't the Hungarian government in recess or something, hence the delay re. Swedish membership there?

I wasn't aware. It just seemed like they were trying to be difficult as they are Russian friendly and want to get a better deal from the west.

Ukraine shoots down a Russian helicopter and they called them terrorists.

21 hours ago, Daz Sparks said:

Europe is not full of happy aligned countries and we must always have one eye on the ones that are not. Some have Russian leaning sympathies as they should, having been part of that world for a long time. Them and others need to be listened to and kept as friends. Others maybe Poland probably would have gone into Ukraine already. We are lucky to have Turkey in Nato because maybe in more modern times we might not have got them. Outside of Russia my biggest concern is Serbia because there does seem to be some discontent/resentment there, not that we should be fearing them, but you could see a small war there again.

• Like 1

I wonder if the death of Alexei Navalny will be a wake-up call for Ukraine's allies? 

Not exactly what Putin intended.  Did he use the West's flagging support as an opportunity to eliminate him? 

Edited by benchwarmer
  • Like 1

I wonder whether the death of Julian Assange will be a wake up call for all journalists who pretend that they are believeing in free speech. The great chess game grinds along.

How many more people are we prepared to see dying? how many more billions will we throw at this campaign of hatred? and how many more children will go hungry in this country due to the priorities of some psycho's in Government?

8 hours ago, nevermind, neoliberalism has had it said:

I wonder whether the death of Julian Assange will be a wake up call for all journalists who pretend that they are believeing in free speech. The great chess game grinds along.

How many more people are we prepared to see dying? how many more billions will we throw at this campaign of hatred? and how many more children will go hungry in this country due to the priorities of some psycho's in Government?

Why not ask Vlad?

4 hours ago, Naturalcynic said:

Why not ask Vlad?

or Natanyahu, or the Sharifs and Buthos stealing democracy in Pakistan, or those who sell bombs and arms to African regimes , Sudan. north and south, Rwanda, CRC, etc.

Navalny was not a healthy man.

https://johnhelmer.net/hair-raising-new-evidence-berlin-hospital-test-reveals-alexei-navalnys-lithium-and-benzo-addiction-his-german-doctors-are-covering-up-tropicamide-poisoning-also-hidden/

but this little one year old was before a Ukrainian drone strike killed it whilst being in a pushchair with her grandmother, her parents must be devastated. Russians love their kids like we do.

https://youtu.be/wHylQRVN2Qs

You wouldn't be healthy if you were stuck in a gulag by Stalin Putin.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nevermind, neoliberalism has had it said:

or Natanyahu, or the Sharifs and Buthos stealing democracy in Pakistan, or those who sell bombs and arms to African regimes , Sudan. north and south, Rwanda, CRC, etc.

https://johnhelmer.net/hair-raising-new-evidence-berlin-hospital-test-reveals-alexei-navalnys-lithium-and-benzo-addiction-his-german-doctors-are-covering-up-tropicamide-poisoning-also-hidden/

but this little one year old was before a Ukrainian drone strike killed it whilst being in a pushchair with her grandmother, her parents must be devastated. Russians love their kids like we do.

So you’re already trying to cover up for Vladolf.  That really is rather shameful.

On 18/02/2024 at 10:44, nevermind, neoliberalism has had it said:

We had a Ukrainian woman staying with us for a year-her daughter was one year old when the war began-she may well have been killed if her family had stayed in the Ukraine. I’m not sure what your point about a Russian baby being killed is but my point is that this is all on Putin.

• Like 1

On 18/02/2024 at 13:51, Herman said:

You wouldn't be healthy if you were stuck in a gulag by Stalin Putin.

Or if Putin has you poisoned either as he did with Navalny.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Or if Putin has you poisoned either as he did with Navalny.

The far left, the far right, the antivaxxers and the MAGAs are all pushing the same line about Navalny's murder. Putin has done a genius job in turning these people. 

• Like 2

Ukraine has released a statement that they've had 31,000 soldiers killed since the start of the war. US intelligence estimates Russia has lost 315,000 troops. A 10:1 ratio is pretty impressive.

On 20/02/2024 at 13:14, Herman said:

Putin has done a genius job in turning these people. 

I wouldn't go as far as genius. These people are complete mentalists; it's akin to bending a hungry dog's will using a sausage.

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

I wouldn't go as far as genius. These people are complete mentalists; it's akin to bending a hungry dog's will using a sausage.

The number of self proclaimed american conservatives who are super happy to get on their knees and suck off Russia is sad but pretty hillarious. Are they unaware that the Russian goverment views them as the enemy?

11 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

The number of self proclaimed american conservatives who are super happy to get on their knees and suck off Russia is sad but pretty hillarious. Are they unaware that the Russian goverment views them as the enemy?

Yeah, they don't seem to have much of a clue what freedom is. But it's more to do with that they see Putin as one of them if they got into power, which is all the more reason to make sure they don't.

Posted (edited)

I note that Ukraine is now striking at Russian oil refineries with drones. Thus increasing their attacks on Putin's motherland by weakening their industrial base and probable war efforts as well as swelling the anti-war sentiments within the country.

However, surely this is now the right way to go, rather than fight a drawn out, unwinnable war on the front line and living with the dream of reclaiming the ethnic Russian Donetsk and Crimea at the cost of thousands of lives? The right way to go in weakening Putin's warlike resolve and willingness for a negotiated end to this carnage? The right way to go with regards getting the Republican Party and Trump in the US to continue to finance the Ukrainian war effort due to the simple fact that Russia is being hit where it really hurts?

Money spent on the defence of their remaining territory rather than the costly and expensive and failed Spring Offensive which only cost more lives and more destruction of their land.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Herman said:

Seems the Russian Goverment have put out a statment blaming Islamic terror.

Interestingly I'm pretty sure the US warned there were plans for a major attack in Russia a few weeks ago.

32 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Seems the Russian Goverment have put out a statment blaming Islamic terror.

Interestingly I'm pretty sure the US warned there were plans for a major attack in Russia a few weeks ago.

The Ukrainians were quick to clear their name knowing they'd be the first to get the blame. 

Weird, conflicting feelings with this one. 

54 minutes ago, Herman said:

The Ukrainians were quick to clear their name knowing they'd be the first to get the blame. 

Weird, conflicting feelings with this one. 

No conflict at all on my behalf, feel utterly sorry for the Russian people directly affected by this tragic event! We shouldn’t be affected by those awful power hungry arsholes in charge of Russia, the people of Russia are no different to us, most just want to live a normal life. It’s tragic and sad that humans can inflict ****e like this anywhere for no reason!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Indy said:

No conflict at all on my behalf, feel utterly sorry for the Russian people directly affected by this tragic event! We shouldn’t be affected by those awful power hungry arsholes in charge of Russia, the people of Russia are no different to us, most just want to live a normal life. It’s tragic and sad that humans can inflict ****e like this anywhere for no reason!

Bit like North Koreans.

Hate the goverment all you like but the people did not ask to be born there.

Has Sweeney got out of the first bar In Kyiv yet!

He can’t be trusted and is a drunk.

4 minutes ago, Sheva said:

Has Sweeney got out of the first bar In Kyiv yet!

He can’t be trusted and is a drunk.

That’s what Vladimir wants us to think. John's a good and brave journalist,if somewhat eccentric. 👍

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Indy said:

The people of Russia aren't our problem and there's nothing we can do for them. There's no point wasting any thought on them.