Sign in to follow this  
Hucks6

Kenny Mc

Played about 10 minutes looked not interested the man is utterly useless send him back to F—-img Scotland 

• Like 2

Are you seriously singling out Kenny for that miserable performance? 

I didn’t say it’s his fault. If you read my post properly, I said he was crap.

• Haha 1

Came on and ****ed everything he attempted up.  Complete waste.  He wasn't the reason we lost today.  But my first sentence is still relevant.  Go figure if you disagree.

Now Jonathan Rowe on the other hand ....

• Like 2

Just now, shefcanary said:

Came on and ****ed everything he attempted up.  Complete waste.  He wasn't the reason we lost today.  But my first sentence is still relevant.  Go figure if you disagree.

You sure you haven't got him mixed up with our other Scottish prodigy?

3 minutes ago, Ian said:

You sure you haven't got him mixed up with our other Scottish prodigy?

Haven't seen that thread yet 😆 And McLeanis older and has less chance of making it.

10 minutes ago, Hucks6 said:

I didn’t say it’s his fault. If you read my post properly, I said he was crap.

Difficult to read a post with a total lack of grammar and spelling, even if it just an utterly pointless single sentence.

Your lack of ability to form a cohesive argument actually made my eyeballs hurt, so apologies - I must have looked awayvat the vital moment, causing me to misinterpret your well balanced and reasoned argument as a pathetic attempt to have a go at the usual fall guy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I think some people just decide that certain players had a bad game before the game even starts.

Totally agree. 

• Like 1

Leave Kenny alone. Did nothing wrong tonight.

that said I think Rupp deserves a start on Saturday, whether alongside Kenny or instead of him. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

that said I think Rupp deserves a start on Saturday, whether alongside Kenny or instead of him. 

We have some really sad twats in our fanbase Jim.

Dowell came on earlier and touched the ball about 4 times, Golden Gilmour gave the ball away too many times to count, yet we get a bit of a pile-on on none other than Kenny McLean.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Look my beef isn't with McLean himself, it's with the managers that play him.  

Does the fact that every manager we have had since he has been at the club plays Kenny regularly when available ever make you guys think that your "beef" might be slightly unbalanced and misguided?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ian said:

Does the fact that every manager we have had since he has been at the club plays Kenny regularly when available ever make you guys think that your "beef" might be slightly unbalanced and misguided?

Ian, I've explained my personal view of McLean on the Placheta thread and asked a question of you that i hope to read shortly. 

I have also expressed my unhappiness of both Farke and Smith and their selection of McLean on this board (and many other places) many times.  If the best you can say is, "well, you're not the manager," I can't argue with that, but does that necessarily make me wrong and them right.  Results would suggest the jury is out on that, as there has never been enough evidence of a long run of performances without him. So I will continue to criticise any manager that plays him, as you will no doubt support them.

That's football. 

• Like 1

Fact is he is always selected. I think he contributes very little in the majority of games.

But both managers have virtually made him first name on the team sheet.

Clearly they see him differently to most supporters, or is it simply we have have no quality in our squad to take his place.

10 hours ago, Ian said:

Not when we're bottom of the league and finished bottom last time, no it doesn't.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I think some people just decide that certain players had a bad game before the game even starts.

I like how some fans claim there's never a scapegoat but this thread is possibly the most embarrassing example in recent years that our fans definitely do need one, even if it's one who came on for the final 10 minutes (coincidentally 10 of our better minutes in the game of 90 but there we go).

11 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

I think Rupp has earnt a start, possibly in place of Mclean because they're quite similar but all depends on how we're going to set up vs Brentford. The Mclean hate is weird but not unusual for our fanbase who are often blind of things players do off the ball, how they help the team overall and its shape / pressing etc. I'll never forget the amount of fans who thought Vrancic was a mediocre League One level player after his first few appearances despite it being so evidently apparent he was a classy player.

47 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Not when we're bottom of the league and finished bottom last time, no it doesn't.

Yeah but he also plays in those title wins we get too. He's hardly a top Premier League midfielder but the point is we don't have anyone better which is why he plays.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yeah but he also plays in those title wins we get too. He's hardly a top Premier League midfielder but the point is we don't have anyone better which is why he plays.

We have to judge on the league we are in surely? If not, we should consider anyone who is top of their respective league as being worthy of a PL place. The point is that we don't know if any other combination is any better because in both PL seasons he has played 95%+ of all matches despite disastrous results.

What gets me is that nobody could possibly argue he has had a good season, or that he has been anything other than poor/dire all year yet we still have people on here who defend his right to be in the team above others who haven't had a chance to be that bad. It's weird.

Edited by Worthy Nigelton
  • Like 1

Personally I would find threads such as these more interesting if someone with a better understanding of football than me could explain why McLean does play regularly.

I assume it's because he can cover more ground than our other midfielders and he offers some aerial threat in a team that isn't the most physical. Other than that though... 

1 hour ago, Bradwell canary said:

Clearly they see him differently to most supporters, or is it simply we have have no quality in our squad to take his place.

If it were the second reason you mention it wouldn't explain why Kenny tends to be singled out by fans. The managers both seem to see him consistently as one of our top options yet he is criticised more than anyone (other than Gilmour?) - this suggests that the first reason is most likely - i.e. that managers see him differently to most supporters. 

It's not surprising really none of us (as far as I know) are ex-pro footballers and none of us are aware of the detailed tactical set up, particularly "against the ball" as I believe the modern terminology.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Badger said:

If it were the second reason you mention it wouldn't explain why Kenny tends to be singled out by fans. The managers both seem to see him consistently as one of our top options yet he is criticised more than anyone (other than Gilmour?) - this suggests that the first reason is most likely - i.e. that managers see him differently to most supporters. 

It's not surprising really none of us (as far as I know) are ex-pro footballers and none of us are aware of the detailed tactical set up, particularly "against the ball" as I believe the modern terminology.

I suspect managers must be looking at or for different things than fans are, there are plenty of examples in football across loads of clubs where managers keep playing some players and their fans don’t understand why. 

McLean is one, consistently picked by Farke and Smith, he must be offering something these managers want or he simply wouldn’t be. Sorensen is interesting in the other direction, fans love him and think he’s exactly what we need as a CDM but when available neither Farke nor Smith picked him for that position.

I don’t think either of them are bad managers and actually, they have both largely used the same players as a first team. So I think it must be fairly clear that McLean is doing whatever it is they want him to do, whether fans like it or not, or he’d be on the bench. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ian said:

Difficult to read a post with a total lack of grammar and spelling, even if it just an utterly pointless single sentence.

Your lack of ability to form a cohesive argument actually made my eyeballs hurt, so apologies - I must have looked awayvat the vital moment, causing me to misinterpret your well balanced and reasoned argument as a pathetic attempt to have a go at the usual fall guy. X

Please check for spelling mistakes before berating others on their spelling mistakes. Must try harder.

14 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Rupp must be one of the first names after that performance.

Fair enough, just calling a player crap is bound to upset some posters.

But as Segura said, many of us cannot see what Kenny brings to the team or why he is picked before others.

34 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

I suspect managers must be looking at or for different things than fans are, there are plenty of examples in football across loads of clubs where managers keep playing some players and their fans don’t understand why. 

McLean is one, consistently picked by Farke and Smith, he must be offering something these managers want or he simply wouldn’t be. Sorensen is interesting in the other direction, fans love him and think he’s exactly what we need as a CDM but when available neither Farke nor Smith picked him for that position.

I don’t think either of them are bad managers and actually, they have both largely used the same players as a first team. So I think it must be fairly clear that McLean is doing whatever it is they want him to do, whether fans like it or not, or he’d be on the bench. 

I think that's a fair summary. He's clearly doing what the multiple managers ask of him and / or doing thing to support the team, his teammates, the shape, the formation, the balance, or whatever.

I do think generally speaking it's moreso because he's good in the air and has a good engine, both are missing in most of the other midfielders we have (although they are better at other parts of the game, of course).

• Like 1