Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

After the window

So after the window closes where do you think we will finish? 

will we have a better second half of the season and survive? Or return to the rubbish at the start of the season and go down without a whimper? Or something in between? 

I say money talks in this division- we will show some spirit but quality will out 

19th 

58 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

quality will out

This is the only part I agree with. With Sargent and Idah stepping it up, Rashica fit and with Tzolis (who I believe has it in him to be our secret weapon second half of the season) we will keep the momentum going and make a very good fight of it. We have quality too - it's just a matter whether Smith can get the team playing at it's best.

1 hour ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

will we have a better second half of the season and survive? Or return to the rubbish at the start of the season and go down without a whimper? Or something in between? 

I say money talks in this division- we will show some spirit but quality will out 

19th 

After the 🪟 window closes we finish 17th  . That'll do me at the end of the season. 

I say money talks in this division-

Yes, we know , you say it pretty much every single post,  I mean day, nope , I do mean post.

17th at least please. 

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Haha 1

19th 

Not twentieth? I have never known you to be so optimistic DCB! 😀

3 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

19th 

I was disappointed we didn't get a player in but I'm still relieved, as always, that the transfer window is over and there are no more distractions as our team fights for survival.

I think we'll have a right go. I think we will get points from games we are not expected to and drop points in games classed as 'must win'. (how many of those have we had so far?) 

I think we can get between 38 - 40 points. That may be enough to stay up (hope so) and it could be enough to finish 16th.

I think we will finish above both Watford and beloved Brentford and be the top promoted team.

Then I'd be really interested in how you'd explain it all away Bootsie🙃

💛💚

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I was disappointed we didn't get a player in but I'm still relieved, as always, that the transfer window is over and there are no more distractions as our team fights for survival.

I think we'll have a right go. I think we will get points from games we are not expected to and drop points in games classed as 'must win'. (how many of those have we had so far?) 

I think we can get between 38 - 40 points. That may be enough to stay up (hope so) and it could be enough to finish 16th.

I think we will finish above both Watford and beloved Brentford and be the top promoted team.

Then I'd be really interested in how you'd explain it all away Bootsie🙃

💛💚

Act of God

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I think we will get points from games we are not expected to

This is a necessity if we want to stay up, given the defeats to Leeds and Watford at home. Have we done it yet this season?  Closest I could see is Everton (h) but given the run they're on, not sure that even counts. 

I like your optimism, though, Nutty. If we beat Palace I might start to believe. 

Edited by Robert N. LiM

3 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

This is a necessity if we want to stay up, given the defeats to Leeds and Watford at home. Have we done it yet this season?  Closest I could see is Everton (h) but given the run they're on, not sure that even counts. 

I like your optimism, though, Nutty. If we beat Palace I might start to believe. 

That's true. We haven't. That's why I'm bloomin' pleased those fixtures are gone.

I think it'll be a tough call.

It could all change in the space of a couple of games. Anyone up to around Southampton in 12th could realistically be dragged back into it with a run of a couple of losses, and they are all capable.

I don't think Newcastle will ease their way out of this situation quite as easily as some on here were suggesting.

Burnley sold their best striker and brought in a 29 year old Dutchman who's never played in England. That's their only signing. That is a heck of a lot of expectation on one player. I really do wonder if this is the season that Dyche can't fashion a stiff enough resistance?

Quite a few teams in it and struggling for consistency. Fixture congestion could hit teams as well. We know how badly off we were with injuries and sickness. When games stack up and you are playing two a week consistently, players can be out for two or three that they may otherwise just miss one game usually. And having passed the half way point of the season, that is not a situation any team wants.

I'm not really sure how adding a single player or even two, would help us much. You need the group to stick together and fight together. Would we really be able to bring in a player of quality that could help push the team on a bit? A striker could knock the confidence of the likes of Idah and Sargent who appear to very much rely upon having that belief etc to deliver.

CDM is about the only position, but then Sorensen has started to show his worth and we have Normann back.

I'd sooner see no one than a signing in desperation, which is what I see Wout Weghorst as. Don't get me wrong, it may well work out. I don't think they expected to see Wood go... and they are worse off, even with Weghorst, as a result.