Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Ivan Toney

I'm guessing most have seen the video?

What are people's takes on this? Obviously it's far from Teemu's personality but if he done the same in reference to Norwich, would you judge him any differently?

Of course, Ivan's trying to get some here but he also knows he's been recorded - as we continue to witness the intellect of some professional footballers...

I read the story on The Athletic, followed by lots of comments from Brentford supporters saying it’s nothing, I imagine through gritted teeth.

I just hope opposition fans make full use of this. 😂

53 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I read the story on The Athletic, followed by lots of comments from Brentford supporters saying it’s nothing, I imagine through gritted teeth.

I just hope opposition fans make full use of this. 😂

There were ALOT of Brentford fans originally claiming the person in the video wasn't Toney, it was just a lookalike 😅

He hates your club, he hates your clubbbb, oh Ivan Toney, he hates your club 🎶 

• Like 1

I remember on one of Benjamin Bloom's videos, the argument came up about who was the better forward: Pukki or Toney. One guy in the comments said something like (I'm quoting from memory): 'Toney is three times the player Pukki will ever be.'

Yes, true. He's really set the Premiership alight, hasn't he?

48 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Didnt Wes once call the club a 'shower of shoite' because he wanted to move to Villa?

I believe it was '******* ****house club' in response to the manager benching him and then the club not letting him move. Whilst it was an ill advised comment it was clearly long term frustration as opposed to this.

I don't think there is much issue in it he was probably just saying it to get laid, I would do the same 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

I believe it was '******* ****house club' in response to the manager benching him and then the club not letting him move. Whilst it was an ill advised comment it was clearly long term frustration as opposed to this.

Yeah something like that.

But isn’t swearing about the club due to long term frustrations more of an offence / more worrying for a fan, as opposed to mimicking what a girl said who he’s probably trying to pull whilst under the influence?

Both are far from great of course! But there’s certainly a lot more to read into Wes’ incident than Toney’s IMO.

Didn’t Wes then score versus Villa and not celebrate? I wonder if there’ll be any of that from Toney - I highly doubt it…

17 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

Yes, I remember something like this 😅

Edited by Alex

16 minutes ago, Alex said:

I don't think there is much issue in it he was probably just saying it to get laid, I would do the same 

I think part of the issue is also with the fact he has a girlfriend and child at home.

That's not his girlfriend in the video.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

12 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Both are far from great of course! But there’s certainly a lot more to read into Wes’ incident than Toney’s IMO.

Didn’t Wes then score versus Villa and not celebrate? I wonder if there’ll be any of that from Toney - I highly doubt it…

Might have a while to find out as he's not set the PL goal scoring charts alight this season.

When he was at Peterborough in League One he thought his talent deserved a move straight into the PL. Championship Brentford were the only club who made Posh a decent offer but the player kept stalling. No PL club came in and eventually he had to eat humble pie and accept moving to the Bees. He did score a lot of goals at Championship level but I suspect if Brentford hadn't been promoted that season he'd have been off.

If that is him in the clip it wouldn't surprise me as humble he 'aint.

12 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

Didn’t he move to Newcastle United from the Posh and after failing to make any impact there was moved onto Brentfod?

Would not call 40 goals in 76 failing to make an impact.. In fact that's the reason Brentford signed him

posh.png

20 hours ago, Crafty Canary said:

Didn’t he move to Newcastle United from the Posh and after failing to make any impact there was moved onto Brentfod?

Errrm, nope.

Why didn't you simply Google this?

On 29/01/2022 at 18:20, KeiranShikari said:

Why was it clearly long term frustration? He was frustrated over a specific thing (us not letting him go and rejoin Lambert to villa) and was expressing that. Even though it lead to a bit of short term resentment he obviously loved the club again when he left...

Just to add, surely as this has no obvious trigger event that might spoil his opinion of the club (other than the chance of getting laid) this shows more disdain for the club than Wes did?

Edited by cornish sam

5 hours ago, cornish sam said:

Why was it clearly long term frustration? He was frustrated over a specific thing (us not letting him go and rejoin Lambert to villa) and was expressing that. Even though it lead to a bit of short term resentment he obviously loved the club again when he left...

Just to add, surely as this has no obvious trigger event that might spoil his opinion of the club (other than the chance of getting laid) this shows more disdain for the club than Wes did?

I said it in my post.

For a lot of that season Hughton was benching him or leaving him out of the sqaud completely. I think it was Elmander playing ahead of him. For a player who'd just cracked the Premier League in his 30s that has to have been super frustrating.  Frustration turns to anger quickly and I'd imagine being told that you're staying our benchwarmer when a club is giving you the chance to play would do that.

Of course it could have been about other things like money but that's how I read it at the time.

Toney didn't show distain for Brentford but a total lack of respect to the club that took him to the premier league and the fans there. Toney clearly sees Brentford as most players see their clubs. Their work.