Midlands Yellow

Transfer Window Watch

4 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Ronnie Corbett. 

I was going to go for Janette Krankie, but great minds. 👍

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Wolves making moves. Wonder if we will see him the cup?

Shows the power of being on a network of clubs, sign a player still to develop and you can send him to the club your wife owns who just happen to be regulars in Europe ..

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Would have been a nice acquisition for Norwich city  but unfortunately 😕 not .

Defensive Midfield as well. F*cking magpies.

On 27/01/2022 at 13:21, hogesar said:

We didn't sell Buendia, Cantwell or Aarons last season. 

Weren't Man Utd looking at Chris Martin at one point? And didn't Man Utd also show interest in Pukki last time out?

With Buendia, I am pretty sure we turned down offers the season we went up as well.

I'm looking at Newcastle and what they are doing... I'm sure they are excited to see players come in... bit of a step down from Wilson to Wood IMHO, though I have always liked Wood and wanted him to join us in the past. He'll do better at Newcastle as he has more to his game than I think Burnley utilised...

Just not convinced they are splashing out on amazing players particularly. Wood is like an Andy Carroll without injuries but also not quite the peak he achieved in some ways. You'd never see Wood even getting a cursory glance from Liverpool.

Trippier is a quality player, a bit of a shock signing considering their league position. Decent set piece taker... might tighten up their defence? Not a signing that would make you suddenly think their fortunes would turn though.

Newcastle starting to look a little scary with signings like that.

On one hand, I really don't want them to start picking up points. On the other hand, I really don't want to be in the championship with them next season.

Guess we just need to send them down.

16 minutes ago, Alex said:

Not sure whether he is any good but they seem to be making a few signings.

weghorst.png

Scored almost 60 goals in a top 10 side in the Bundesliga and has very often been linked to top 4 clubs across Europe so very surprised he's ended up at Burnley at all clubs, big big steal for them. I'm only thinking he's been sold as he's probably demanded a move given that Wolfsburg have been awful this season (finished 7th last season) and are close to relegation, and only gone to Burnley as the window has almost closed and they probably offered the most/highest offer for him out of the no doubt many clubs that have made offers

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

weghorst.png

Scored almost 60 goals in a top 10 side in the Bundesliga and has very often been linked to top 4 clubs across Europe so very surprised he's ended up at Burnley at all clubs, big big steal for them. I'm only thinking he's been sold as he's probably demanded a move given that Wolfsburg have been awful this season and are close to relegation, and only gone to Burnley as the window has almost closed and they probably offered the most.

I seen he is 6 feet 6 so typical Burnley striker. Not good news for us this.

Eriksen now official.

Strange, unexpected, but a good fit as it's a London club where he will know the city and have fellow danes around.

Edited by KiwiScot

Premier League clubs have spent about £195m going into deadline day, compared with £70m at the end of January 2021.

On the signing of Wout Weghorst, Burnley manager Sean Dyche has said: “Wout is a player that our scouts have been strong on for some time and we feel that he can add to all that we do at Burnley Football Club.

“His signing is a continued show of the club’s and team’s development. We wish Wout well as he earns the right to push our group forwards.”

On 27/01/2022 at 15:49, cambridgeshire canary said:

I don't know Weghorst is exactly the kind of striker you can imagine playing for Burnley or Stoke.. Just chage his name from 'Wout Weghorst' to 'William horse' and I'm sure he would fit right in

https://twitter.com/footballdaily/status/1488106262399262725?s=20&t=ItrBGaqA2v6Z7517XI5ugA

Not the kind of thing you'd be expecting to hear! 🤣

Newcastle spending £120m in this window, if they do, dramatically reduces their room for manoeuvre in the summer window because of FFP. If they don't get it right, spending to get promoted next season will actually be quite difficult.

Norwich couldn't have spent this much even if they had it in the bank, because we would have breached FFP rules. 

Breaking news

Bournemouth agree deal with Liverpool to sign defender Nat Phillips on loan until the end of the season. 

46 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Newcastle spending £120m in this window, if they do, dramatically reduces their room for manoeuvre in the summer window because of FFP. If they don't get it right, spending to get promoted next season will actually be quite difficult.

Norwich couldn't have spent this much even if they had it in the bank, because we would have breached FFP rules. 

To be fair if I remember right Newcastle can spend up to 200 million this window and still be within FFP rules

5 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

To be fair if I remember right Newcastle can spend up to 200 million this window and still be within FFP rules

I thought it was 200m over the next three years if they get early sponsorship etc sorted? Presumably they will sell their ground to themselves for 1billion.