An unusual situation of having a 2 week break before a cup game but then a league game the following midweek

Ordinarily I'd say play a different XI but is a 2 and a half week break without playing almost too long before the Palace game?

I suspect it will be a chance to give a few players a run out , returning from injury but with a few first teamers on the bench as with Charlton

Gunn

Byram Kabak Omibamidele Giannoulis

Rupp    Normann Gilmour

Tzolis    Idah   Placheta

Subs, Dowell,Cantwell,McGovern+ 4

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

I'd like to hope we won't start messing about with formation changes again.

We've found something that seems to be working, so let's stick to it and try to get everyone used to it and doing it better.

I don't think Cantwell will make the bench, but who knows. If Normann is fit I hope he gets one half under his legs and then gets a rest to be sure he has enough in the tank for Palace.

After the results this afternoon we cannot take any chances and Wolves will see the Cup as a trophy worth going for so will likely field a strong team so it will be very hard to progress.

McGovern

Byram                   Zimbo              Kabak                       Gianoullis

Gilmour                     Normann/McLean         Dowell

Placheta                    Idah                  Tzolis

44 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

After the results this afternoon we cannot take any chances and Wolves will see the Cup as a trophy worth going for so will likely field a strong team so it will be very hard to progress.

McGovern

Byram                   Zimbo              Kabak                       Gianoullis

Gilmour                     Normann/McLean         Dowell

Placheta                    Idah                  Tzolis

Transfer window will be over. Give Cantwell a run out.

9 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Hows this?

11.png

F'in horrendous. You've got McLean starting! 

I'm pretty sure that the Pink'Un presser report had them all likely to be back for our next league game, not the cup game.

Tbh, if they are only just back for the cup game, would you risk someone like Normann or give him more time to be 100%? 

I'd be interested to give Pukki a rest and see an Idah/Sargent front 2 in this one.

I’d go for;

Gunn

Byram, Big Andy (if fit), Kabak, Giannoulis

Rupp, Sorensen

Tzolis, Normann, Placheta

Rowe

Subs

Pukki

Cantwell

Sargent (if not on USA duty)

Hanley

Gibson

Dowell

Idah

I think we need to  go 4-3-1-2

Keeper and back 4 not important as such, just need Flack in as captain, but midfield and upfront has to be 

Pugh                       Pugh 

Barney McGrew

Cuthbert           Dibble                 Grubb

3 hours ago, Move Klose said:

Anyone but these:

Aarons, Gibson, Hanley, Williams, Rashica, Sargent, Idah, Pukki

Probably need to add McLean and PLM. And Gunny.

32 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Probably need to add McLean and PLM. And Gunny.

Gunn needs the minutes I'd say, needs to get up to scratch.

Gunn Byram, Zimmerman, Omobamidele, Giannoulis, Rupp, Normann, Gilmour, Dowell Tzolis, Placheta, 

Didn't include Cantwell as hopefully he's gone by then.

No striker, who cares! get the guys out who haven't played much in the last 2 and the players who need some minutes to get back. I couldn't care less about the FA Cup, this is not a tie I'd expect us to win if we went full strength.

A palace game 4 days after this is a million times more important than that cup game. 

On 22/01/2022 at 22:59, NFN FC said:

F'in horrendous. You've got McLean starting! 

Given Normann is soon returning got to at least give Mclean starts in the cup otherwise he wont be starting for us again!😉

Not often I would say this, but given the fixtures on the following Tuesday and Saturday, I wouldn't be playing any of the team that will start in those games. Normann will need minutes so -

McGovern

Byram Omobamidele Kabak Giannoulis

Normann   Rupp

Dowell     Tzolis   Placheta

Rowe 

Some of those will be on the bench for the league games, so good to get them minutes beforehand.