cambridgeshire canary

Fulham tearing apart the Championship

13 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59715165

First team in English history to score 6 or more goals in 3 matches in a row..

Why do I get the feeling that if we go down we won't be anywhere near as good as that next season?

Exciting times for their fans, beautiful new stand too to go with this pending promotion. Never mind though we still have the model. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Why do I get the feeling that if we go down we won't be anywhere near as good as that next season?

Come on, I know you like your hyperbole, but, it even says in that article that they're the first team in 88 years since Chester did it in 33-34... Still an incredible achievement mind.

With the gap between top 6, the middle and the bottom prem clubs growing by the week... you have to question just how big the gap is now between the top 2 champ teams and the rest. Must be vast.

49 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

We don’t need to be. The fact it’s the first time ever in England indicates it’s extraordinary 

That would be the Fulham team that bombed out of the Premier League last season yes?

Meanwhile we got a club record 97 points in the Championship last season and have struggled terribly in the Premier League.

It's almost as if there's a yawning chasm between the level of the Championship and the Premier League isn't it?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

That would be the Fulham team that bombed out of the Premier League last season yes?

Meanwhile we got a club record 97 points in the Championship last season and have struggled terribly in the Premier League.

It's almost as if there's a yawning chasm between the level of the Championship and the Premier League isn't it?

To be fair it is mostly down to Mitrovic who is your textbook

'Score countless goals in the lower division but upon promotion turns invisible'

Kind of striker

4 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

🌙 night and day. Fact!.

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Exciting times for their fans, beautiful new stand too to go with this pending promotion. Never mind though we still have the model. 

24 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Yep, despite Fulham's richer owners and throwing £150 million, they still bombed out last season whilst we won the title at a canter and are currently a division above them. Shows how fantastic our owners are to have been able to match them without anywhere near the level of investment, nice compliment from Midlands.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

There was me thinking they spent £100m last time they went up, and still looked pants in the Premier League. What has their model given them that ours hasn’t?

45 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yep, despite Fulham's richer owners and throwing £150 million, they still bombed out last season whilst we won the title at a canter and are currently a division above them. Shows how fantastic our owners are to have been able to match them without anywhere near the level of investment, nice compliment from Midlands.

I know - it really does show the depths of lunacy that some on here are prepared to stoop to. They are complimenting Fulham for somehow being better than we are when Fulham are in the division below us. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

There was me thinking they spent £100m last time they went up, and still looked pants in the Premier League. What has their model given them that ours hasn’t?

Have another go, that was 18/19. Last time they were promoted they spent less than we normally would. 

12 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Have another go, that was 18/19. Last time they were promoted they spent less than we normally would. 

Great to see us showing more ambition than them!! Well done to MWJ, Delia and the board. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

35 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Have a read up on Fulham spends when promoted and come back again. Not like you to get mixed up. 

1 minute ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Great to see us showing more ambition than them!! Well done to MWJ, Delia and the board. 

I think Midlands has had a change of heart. Desperately trying to compliment our owners vs Fulham 🙂 

11 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

11 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

I know - it really does show the depths of lunacy that some on here are prepared to stoop to. They are complimenting Fulham for somehow being better than we are when Fulham are in the division below us. 

06ry3f1hf8361.jpg

Remind me of where Barnsley are again? Oh, about to get relegated to Leuge one? I see

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

53 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I think Midlands has had a change of heart. Desperately trying to compliment our owners vs Fulham 🙂 

I know - deep down he's the happiest of Happy Clappers! 

3 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

I know - deep down he's the happiest of Happy Clappers! 

Just pointing out the miss information on Fulham’s spending. Our owners? Still can’t stand them. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

Fulham are currently on target for 95 or 96 points. So, about the same as we got but we dipped a bit at the end. After 26 games we were a point ahead of them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

To be fair it is mostly down to Mitrovic

Oh right, and nothing to do with Harry Wilson topping the assist charts, or the fact that in Harrison Reed they probably have the Championships best defensive midfielder?

Would love that pair in our side. 

Look at Fulham's squad and they tend to purchase the best of the Championship. It is how we used to do things, but now we ignore Harry Wilson and sign Josh Sargent. 

Just pointing out the miss information on Fulham’s spending. Our owners? Still can’t stand   them. 

They'll be gutted to hear. Have you ever thought about letting them know?

16 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Oh right, and nothing to do with Harry Wilson topping the assist charts, or the fact that in Harrison Reed they probably have the Championships best defensive midfielder?

Would love that pair in our side. 

Look at Fulham's squad and they tend to purchase the best of the Championship. It is how we used to do things, but now we ignore Harry Wilson and sign Josh Sargent. 

They also have Kebano who's got like 8 goals and 5 assists so far? Tends to play on the left.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Top scorers is kind of nuts right now

top-scorers.png

Karlan Grant must be a bit disappointed by his goal return surely, after he managed 19 in a poor Huddersfield side.

Also, Pukki is post-peak but bet he'll still end up being in the top 3 scorers next season if we are relegated.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

6 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

They have billionaire owners so no comparison. Until some billionaire comes in for Norwich there is no point moaning about our self funding model.