Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Meanwhile..

2 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

And in the meantime show them the same respect you'd expect from fellow fans...

I dont get respect. I questioned them legitimately on their Facebook page on what their long term goals were and how they intended to achieve them and convince other fans etc - I got the usual happy clapper, brainwashed nonsense. 

Just now, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Amen. The guys a complete self righteous moron. Winds me up far more than it should 😂

Nothing more ironic than someone complaining about respect and calling me a moron in the same post..no wonder it winds you up 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Based on what? It seems to me you are saying, the same owners and no more progress (that is 100% certain) or new owners and it may not get better but it could? Would the current owners, being as great as they are, find us the owners to take as forward? Or is there no one as talented as the current ownership and structure? 

Based on the amount of clubs who believe they should be in the top 17 and the wealth of their owners.

We've bucked the trend for a dozen years. Why throw that all away?

And how on earth can your opinion become a 100% certainty 🤔😂

Edited by nutty nigel

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

Based on the amount of clubs who believe they should be in the top 17 and the wealth of their owners.

Top 17 for a dozen years? We’ve not bucked the trend, we haven’t been top 17 for 12 seasons in a long time Nutty!

Edited by Indy

Just now, Indy said:

Top 17 for a dozen years? We’ve not bucked the trend, we haven’t been top 17 for 12 seasons in a long time Nutty!

Perhaps I didn't explain myself. We've bucked the trend for those who believe more money = more success. 

Perhaps I didn't explain myself. We've bucked the trend for those who believe more money = more success. 

So Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea and others have success but not because of money?

5 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Good on them and hopefully a catalyst for more protests. They’re at the match now, none of us are. 

No lots of us were at the match, not just this sad little bunch with their drum.

Just now, Indy said:

So Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea and others have success but not because of money?

No. I think you know what in saying but like Kenny you want to turn it into something else.

Just to be clear...

If success is because of money we would be wherever the league table of owners wealth would put us.

7 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

And how on earth can your opinion become a 100% certainty 🤔😂

Its not a opinion. If you don't have a premiership budget you won't be competitive. The budget our current owners have us working with 100% means we have reached the ceiling of their ambitions.

Plenty of experts to tell you this is the case.

🤔😳

13 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I doubt it. But who knows. Surely if the wealth of owner is the defining factor then it's a top 17 owner for a top 17 club. There are far wealthier owners than ours who never get a sniff at the PL.

The truth is they have to be the right owners, some of them own the clubs but they don't put any money in.

The ones that do are usually more successful, Leicester, Wolves and Villa for example. There are obviously others such as Fulham who are now in the Championship but they stayed up for several years and are now building an impressive new stand ready for when they most likely are promoted at the end of the season.

Can you imagine us rebuilding the city stand while we're in the championship?

2 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

No lots of us were at the match, not just this sad little bunch with their drum.

Another one that thinks he is better than everyone else...zzzzz

Good luck to them.

People may mock but trust me this will grow and grow the longer this embarrassment of a season goes on. There's only so long fans will put up with watching their team pathetically lose every week, yes even Norwich fans. Spoke to alot of fans today who utterly fed up of our owners, and i saw nothing today to suggest things are going to turn for the better. A decent league one team would havee beaten us.

2 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Its not a opinion. If you don't have a premiership budget you won't be competitive. The budget our current owners have us working with 100% means we have reached the ceiling of their ambitions.

Plenty of experts to tell you this is the case.

🤔😳

So, we need a top 17 budget to be a top 17 club?

Bellyaching about our owners while praying we get such an owner doesn't make sense to me. Now if they turned down such an owner I'd bellyache with the best of you.

6 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Wow, that’s what, 16 people?

1F032C8E-FC3B-4C5D-AD58-BA2E6E2EDF54.jpeg

16 people with an average age of what? 12 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Just now, nutty nigel said:

No. I think you know what in saying but like Kenny you want to turn it into something else.

Just to be clear...

If success is because of money we would be wherever the league table of owners wealth would put us.

Nope that’s not the case, in the EFL there’s a fair play system which gives a certain level of even playing field, but when you get to the premiership that isn’t the case, the premiership is like entering a different level of sport, one where money is king, like it or not, I don’t, I’ve said for years it has to be salary capped and squad number limited for years.

I’m not having a go at all Nutty, I agree this club as we are is successful, for us promotion is like Liverpool wining the Premier League. And if we’re happy to tread the Championship and hope to occasionally visit the premiership that’s OK for the short term, but even in the Championship there’s ten or twelve clubs with far wealthier owners who are building attractive clubs, like my reference to Forrest who will be far more attractive to youngsters, players and coaches, leaving us behind, so the top 26 club we might well be now, will be harder to sustain under our current owners. Just making an observation, but I agree that we have had some success we didn’t see coming under Farke, shame we couldn’t make the most of that opportunity. Who knows we might just stay up! There’s hope.

21 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Spoil brats? Jesus... 

They're still capable of judging the football landscape and see the direction the club appears to be heading.

They're probably don't want to be the next Ipswich Town. I kind'a get that...

And there's really very little to suggest we will, largely because we spend within our means. I'm pretty sure Ipswich would gladly swap their last decade with ours, including current league positions.  

Most clubs outside the prem would bite their hand off to have had even half of the glory we've had from the Lambert era till now. 

As I said, spoilt brats. 

41 minutes ago, Indy said:

Yes that’s true! But then again look at Forrest, they’ve new owners, Cat 1, new training ground being built and that old stand to be demolished for a brand new one, planning permission granted! Sometimes it can be good for a club. But sometimes it can go bad too!

Thats the gamble, or we can just stay as we are, it’s always easy to just be happy with our lot, no disappointment then, we know what we have. 

Would you have been happy with the years in league 1, or the earlier performances this season and last?

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

Nope that’s not the case, in the EFL there’s a fair play system which gives a certain level of even playing field, but when you get to the premiership that isn’t the case, the premiership is like entering a different level of sport, one where money is king, like it or not, I don’t, I’ve said for years it has to be salary capped and squad number limited for years.

I’m not having a go at all Nutty, I agree this club as we are is successful, for us promotion is like Liverpool wining the Premier League. And if we’re happy to tread the Championship and hope to occasionally visit the premiership that’s OK for the short term, but even in the Championship there’s ten or twelve clubs with far wealthier owners who are building attractive clubs, like my reference to Forrest who will be far more attractive to youngsters, players and coaches, leaving us behind, so the top 26 club we might well be now, will be harder to sustain under our current owners. Just making an observation, but I agree that we have had some success we didn’t see coming under Farke, shame we couldn’t make the most of that opportunity. Who knows we might just stay up! There’s hope.

Yes we might. And we might get more investment or even new owners like Leicester got. 

Who would bother fighting to make things better for the usual suspects on here?

They deserve all of the failure they wish upon us by backing our hopeless owners and their ludicrous 'self funding' nonsense.

• Like 1

So, we need a top 17 budget to be a top 17 club?

Bellyaching about our owners while praying we get such an owner doesn't make sense to me. Now if they turned down such an owner I'd bellyache with the best of you.

Who knows if that owner might have been there but was turned away by the The Clubs Not For Sale line? None of us apart from our owners truly know! Bellyaching for wanting the club to become established premiership is a little strong. I said earlier in a different thread, if any offer is made should the owners as transparent custodians of a community football club actually lay out the bid to the club members and season ticket holders to post their view on if the club should or shouldn’t accept that offer? They are just fans after all the same as you or me!

3 minutes ago, Wardogz said:

And there's really very little to suggest we will, largely because we spend within our means. I'm pretty sure Ipswich would gladly swap their last decade with ours, including current league positions.  

Most clubs outside the prem would bite their hand off to have had even half of the glory we've had from the Lambert era till now. 

As I said, spoilt brats. 

That's the key bit. Weren't Ipswich in some degree of financial duress even with the wonga of Marcus Evans behind them?

Just now, Indy said:

Who knows if that owner might have been there but was turned away by the The Clubs Not For Sale line? None of us apart from our owners truly know! Bellyaching for wanting the club to become established premiership is a little strong. I said earlier in a different thread, if any offer is made should the owners as transparent custodians of a community football club actually lay out the bid to the club members and season ticket holders to post their view on if the club should or shouldn’t accept that offer? They are just fans after all the same as you or me!

I'm not having that.

As a shareholder I have no reason to believe I've been lied to.

I'm out Indy.

15 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Another one that thinks he is better than everyone else...zzzzz

Not at all. Were you at the game? What proportion of the crowd did this little bunch represent. Having a drum doesn’t make what you have to say any more important.

Edited by Commonsense
Spelling

I'm not having that.

As a shareholder I have no reason to believe I've been lied to.

I'm out Indy.

Who’s lying? Unless a firm formal offer is made any tentative buyer will enquire about possibilities……if that’s not the case then you’ll never know who has enquired! I believe even the current owners have said that enquiries have been made but they said they weren’t considered serious! But you’re out fair enough, have a good evening Nutty. 💛💚

• Like 1

Y

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

Who’s lying? Unless a firm formal offer is made any tentative buyer will enquire about possibilities……if that’s not the case then you’ll never know who has enquired! I believe even the current owners have said that enquiries have been made but they said they weren’t considered serious! But you’re out fair enough, have a good evening Nutty. 💛💚

And you Indy 💛💚

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Spoil brats? Jesus... 

They're still capable of judging the football landscape and see the direction the club appears to be heading.

They're probably don't want to be the next Ipswich Town. I kind'a get that...

I mean if they don't want to be the next Ipswich then they should be doing everything to keep Delia.

It was once they sold the club to super rich Marcus Evans (to the envy of many on here) they took a long, continuing downward spiral.

6 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

😂

delia.jpg

Not a pitchfork to be seen ..............wtf were they thinking? 🙄 

8 minutes ago, Wardogz said:

As I said, spoilt brats. 

And yet there's a chance we'll be back in the same division next season. 

We've passed up too many opportunities to progress this club, and transform us into a decent EPL side. Once league parity is eventually restored between Norwich and Ipswich, which will happen in the next few years at most, there will be nothing to show for our decade of dominance, and very little between us. 

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I mean if they don't want to be the next Ipswich then they should be doing everything to keep Delia.

It was once they sold the club to super rich Marcus Evans (to the envy of many on here) they took a long, continuing downward spiral.

Ah, because that's the only other option? Moronic comment, again. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Young boy. He has never known anything different.

Edited by Nora's Ghost

1 minute ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Says the guy who claimed the kids were protesting for a new, rich owner because they didn't want to be the next Ipswich.

The same Ipswich who had and now have another, new, rich owner and couldn't get close to us in the past 10 years despite all the additional finances.

They are literally the anti-thesis to your point yet you used them as your example, and then called my comment moronic.

You couldn't make it up, but I'm sure you'll find a way to.