TeemuVanBasten

Anybody else sick of Cantwell's drama...

The so called drama is all supposition right now though isn’t it?

We know how it looks, sure, but to my knowledge nobody from Todd’s side or the club’s side has actually said anything to a warrant being called a drama have they?

It’s just how it looks and the rumour mongering that make it feel like a drama. Truth is, we don’t know what’s going on and that’s what we’re probably sick of.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

The so called drama is all supposition right now though isn’t it?

We know how it looks, sure, but to my knowledge nobody from Todd’s side or the club’s side has actually said anything to a warrant being called a drama have they?

It’s just how it looks and the rumour mongering that make it feel like a drama. Truth is, we don’t know what’s going on and that’s what we’re probably sick of.

Webber won't be shy to confirm the drama once he's mugged Newcastle again. 

He does have a point though FF, this has been going on for more than six months and two managers now, if Cantwell wants a move then best for all parties to get it done! If not best he sign a new contract and start to get back on it with us.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

It’s posts like this that turn it into a drama

Thinks he's too good for us. 

Nobody is bigger than the club, ask Farke. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

3 minutes ago, Indy said:

He does have a point though FF, this has been going on for more than six months and two managers now, if Cantwell wants a move then best for all parties to get it done! If not best he sign a new contract and start to get back on it with us.

I'd be surprised if that contract offer is on the table at this point, bridges burnt. 

9 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Thinks he's too good for us. 

Nobody is bigger than the club, ask Farke. 

I don't get where this comes from.

And I mean has anything actually been said, I mean you and others perpetuate the myth by going on (and on) about it. And what does it actually mean, bigger than the club, it's just a sound bite isn't it.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

And I mean has anything actually been said, I mean you and others perpetuate the myth by going on (and on) about it. And what does it actually mean, bigger than the club, it's just a sound bite isn't it.

It’s is. I for one have never heard Todd Cantwell come out and say “I’m too good to be at Norwich”, or anything even remotely similar.

People are imagining what’s going on behind the scenes and getting bitter and twisted according to their own imagination. Weird 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think it's more 'the Cantwell drama' for me, not 'Cantwell's drama', much like the week we had where there was a new article on Billy Gilmour every other hour.

I don't think it's unreasonable to come to the conclusion that it is mainly manufactured by his behaviour though. He has previous, and if you look at say Aarons- who has had concrete interest from huge clubs- continuing to train and be one of our most consistent players for years now, it is quite an irritating situation.

• Like 2

There is no drama. None whatsoever. The player and his manager know that Todd needs 4 or 5 games to get back his match fitness. 

The only drama is created by malignant narcissists on keyboards.

• Like 5

I don’t care what is going on, the reality is Farke said he wasn’t training properly and needed to come up to speed by playing in the under 23, Smith has come in a given Cantwell a chance to play and he’s looked really out of form, hopefully he’ll get over whatever it is and play like we all know he can. But given what is being touted on the pinkun it looks like Cantwell might well be ready to take a new challenge and the club want to make sure they can cash in before next year when he can go on a free.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Well he's not penned a contract has he.

And think he's going to the top. 

Capture.JPG.ae83d09390c8d91757dd7feec566b6a1.JPG

3 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

I think it's more 'the Cantwell drama' for me, not 'Cantwell's drama', much like the week we had where there was a new article on Billy Gilmour every other hour.

I don't think it's unreasonable to come to the conclusion that it is mainly manufactured by his behaviour though. He has previous, and if you look at say Aarons- who has had concrete interest from huge clubs- continuing to train and be one of our most consistent players for years now, it is quite an irritating situation.

Totally agree, and for the reasons you state. Aarons has been unfailingly consistent and professional in his approach and when his time to move comes on, I'm very sure the sentiments of most Canaries fans will be honest, heartfelt, and warm. Cantwell is sort of running the risk of spoiling his legacy with us a little.

I have said, and a few others have said, citing Josh Maja as an example, that I think it's down to his advisors.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Pugin said:

There is no drama. None whatsoever. The player and his manager know that Todd needs 4 or 5 games to get back his match fitness. 

Why? 

He was out for one month.

Players are constantly having much longer absences and taking no time at all getting back to speed, older players with injury histories as well. Sorenson had 2 whole minutes of football before coming in and doing well, Placheta had long covid and heart problems. 

Cantwell missed 3 or 4 weeks of football and has played 8 games this season + two full U23 games.

There is absolutely no reason whatsoever why he should not have the required fitness levels. 

Nobody has succeeded in explaining why Cantwell shouldn't be match fit, it makes no sense. There was 3 weeks between Farke telling him to get himself fit in the U23's and Dean Smith putting him back in the side.... and that was 7 weeks ago. So it was about 10 weeks ago that Farke told Cantwell to work on his fitness. A pre-season is only 4 or 5 weeks, and Cantwell's 3 or 4 weeks out injured is shorter than the usual post-season break.

You are trying to rationalise the completely unacceptable, without any attempt to explain your position or logic. Placheta had a much longer absence this season with actual heart problems and has got himself back in good shape. Todd Cantwell is paid a handsome salary to maintain his fitness levels, its like the number 1 priority of any professional athlete. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

It’s posts like this that turn it into a drama

It is a bit of a drama though - or even a bit of a mystery - and there is no doubt that  behind the scenes issues with certain players has affected the dynamic of the season so far. We all know how this has been played out - Cantwell had been persuaded to stay on at the club because he was told he would be an important part of the team and then fell out with Farke because he didn't like being dropped.  Had he just got on with it and got himself fit and ready, Farke would have brought him back in. 

I think we are all fed up with this saga and the sooner he is sold, the better.

4 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Well he's not penned a contract has he.

And think he's going to the top. 

Capture.JPG.ae83d09390c8d91757dd7feec566b6a1.JPG

“No one can tell me nothing.” Oh dear. Wasn’t listening in English Language class clearly 😁

Also, don’t player accounts have moderators so stuff like this doesn’t get posted? Or do you have to play for a top 6 for that? Maybe that’s why he wants to get to the top, so he doesn’t have to post his own social media nuggets… 

Edited by Danke bitte
Just added conjecture for added fun

I can't say I'm disappointed in Todd because I don't know the true facts of the situation....I'm a bit flummoxed to say the least as I like Todd and especially when he's up for it in a Yellow shirt....Two different managers and he's still not doing the job he's paid for - and for whatever reasons it needs rectifying and brought to a conclusion and solution?....

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

... and would be delighted if the diva f*cked off ASAP?

But it’s not his drama, it’s yours. You keep starting threads about him. Many are personal and borderline abusive. I would be much more delighted if you f*caked off.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I don't think we should castigate footballers for their ability to put a coherent sentence together.

And it appears Tedious van Basten would prefer we had players without ambition, drive and self belief.

• Like 1

Just now, Commonsense said:

But it’s not his drama, it’s yours. You keep starting threads about him. Many are personal and borderline abusive. I would be much more delighted if you f*caked off.

You could log back into your Terminally Yellow account now to back yourself up. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Wings of a Sparrow said:

And it appears Tedious van Basten would prefer we had players without ambition, drive and self belief.

Oh yeah he's shown so much 'drive' to make an impact on the pitch for us this season hasn't he, more like he's tried his hardest not to get injured to avoid jeopardising a January transfer. 

13 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

“No one can tell me nothing.” Oh dear. Wasn’t listening in English Language class clearly 😁

Also, don’t player accounts have moderators so stuff like this doesn’t get posted? Or do you have to play for a top 6 for that? Maybe that’s why he wants to get to the top, so he doesn’t have to post his own social media nuggets… 

Ironically.... this season he's not been strong enough, not been quick enough, and hasn't looked worthy of the number 14 shirt.

Although if he could momentarily reach "the top", so we can mug somebody for an 8 figure fee to help fund our necessary rebuild, that would be nice. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I think we are all fed up with this saga and the sooner he is sold, the better.

Completely agree with this.

I'll breathe a deep sigh of relief when he signs somewhere else, and it allows Dean Smith to use the funds to bring in a player or two of his own. 

Definitely get rid. And when he flops at his next club and ends up somewhere like Preston he’ll realise what a mistake he’s made. In 10 years he’ll be a BBC Norfolk co-commentator for one of our games talking about his regret and “biggest mistake of his career”. 

2 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Definitely get rid. And when he flops at his next club and ends up somewhere like Preston he’ll realise what a mistake he’s made. In 10 years he’ll be a BBC Norfolk co-commentator for one of our games talking about his regret and “biggest mistake of his career”. 

Nah he'll find somebody to blame, anybody but him.