PurpleCanary

It's all your fault

26 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

image.jpeg.42f0414f3cdd3b86b948130420a91c72.jpegimage.jpeg.286637475c9b414bd1bf574991758e92.jpeg

"Our current predicament has certainly nothing to do with any of us..How dare you insinuate that?"...

Is Sir Les Patterson pointing out that Nutty, Little Fish, Purple and Hoggy keep waving to them all at this years AGM? 

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Stephan Philips holds 100 ordinary shares as does Tom Smith but TS also owns 1 Preference B share and SP none.

Stephan holds 100 shares which I believe are temporarily borrowed from S&J for the period of his tenure on the Board. I believe that Tom is in the same position though he owes 104 shares in total. The 4 were probably purchased directly in the 2002 share issue.

14 minutes ago, 1902 said:

So let me get this straight, your complaint is that you don't have adequate support from NCFC fans to force the board to change.

However you are simultaneously trying to arrange what you have just admitted is a a minority of people to try to force the unforceable to be replaced by an as yet unspecified alternative?

This does not sound like a winning strategy.

I am arranging nothing.

Point out where I said I was?

59 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

They don't get any "emoluments".

They don't but they did get bond proceeds which presumably puts them into the category of net beneficiaries rather than net investors.

4 minutes ago, Nora's Ghost said:

I am arranging nothing.

Point out where I said I was?

Fair enough, just asking for a clarification.

However you are basically accepting that the Delia out group doesn't really have the numbers amongst supporters?

11 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

No idea. But it certainly made waves that wouldn't have happened if the same letter had been posted anonymously on here.

The 2 signatories are probably not the kind of ordinary supporter people you tend to get on here.

Just now, 1902 said:

Fair enough, just asking for a clarification.

However you are basically accepting that the Delia out group doesn't really have the numbers amongst supporters?

Exactly.

Delia Smith IS Norwich City in 2022 and she knows it.

15 minutes ago, essex canary said:

The 2 signatories are probably not the kind of ordinary supporter people you tend to get on here.

Indeed, which was the point I was making. You're the closest we've got to them on here...

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

Stephan holds 100 shares which I believe are temporarily borrowed from S&J for the period of his tenure on the Board. I believe that Tom is in the same position though he owes 104 shares in total. The 4 were probably purchased directly in the 2002 share issue.

You’re almost certainly correct in regards to Stephan, however, young Thomas and Ed Balls both were allocated 100 shares each, back in 2016. 

The more observant of you may have picked up that Ed’s shares have since been transferred to MWJ. 

I don't see anything much particularly changing before the club is passed on to their nephew regardless of our league fortunes or whatever is happening on the pitch. As we all know the current owners have bought a lot of goodwill from a lot of the fans and I think having spoken to a lot of Norwich fans over the years that a lot of the currently silent majority are actually quite happy with the status quo and much like the owners are happy with our lot so long as we play passing football, bring through young players and don't sell the club to a foreign billionaire. To a lot of fans going to CR is just a day out, they're not too bothered about winning they just want to enjoy the day, watch us play some nice stuff on the deck and enjoy the theater of it all, which is not how I feel but that's totally their right to do so. 

I think when the club gets handed down though and more and more clubs around us get richer and leave us behind I think peoples opinions will eventually start to turn against the current ownership model if we regress or remain stagnant for long enough, I think another period similar to 2006-2008 under an owner with less goodwill behind them could see things start to get really nasty and I think the pressure would then be on to sell the club, that's also ironically when we'd be most attractive to opportunistic potential new owners.

I don't think anythings imminent but I'd be very surprised if we don't have a completely different set of owners and model by the latter years of this decade. If I was Tom Smith i really don't know if I could be bothered with it all, I'd much rather just sell the club and support the club as a fan while enjoying the money I made from selling it, I don't really get what the attraction is for him. 

1 hour ago, komakino said:

I once spent an hour on the 'phone to Doncaster, which drew me very quickly to the conclusion he was fundamentally useless. 

Of course. He was a solicitor. They are trained to be useless.

22 minutes ago, GMF said:

You’re almost certainly correct in regards to Stephan, however, young Thomas and Ed Balls both were allocated 100 shares each, back in 2016. 

The more observant of you may have picked up that Ed’s shares have since been transferred to MWJ. 

'Gangnam style!'.....image.jpeg.a8adb19ea8697fa803d9d1d91fd831b8.jpeg...'Whoop 'Whoop!'...'Have my shares Mick' 'Whoop Whoop!'...

Edited by Mello Yello

24 minutes ago, GMF said:

Where did they come from in the first instance? Didn’t McNally also hold a token 100 when he was here too, or am I misremembering? I thought it was just a thing they did, loan them a 100 while they’re on the board and then they are relinquished when they depart? 

7 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

I don't see anything much particularly changing before the club is passed on to their nephew regardless of our league fortunes or whatever is happening on the pitch. As we all know the current owners have bought a lot of goodwill from a lot of the fans and I think having spoken to a lot of Norwich fans over the years that a lot of the currently silent majority are actually quite happy with the status quo and much like the owners are happy with our lot so long as we play passing football, bring through young players and don't sell the club to a foreign billionaire. To a lot of fans going to CR is just a day out, they're not too bothered about winning they just want to enjoy the day, watch us play some nice stuff on the deck and enjoy the theater of it all, which is not how I feel but that's totally their right to do so. 

I think when the club gets handed down though and more and more clubs around us get richer and leave us behind I think peoples opinions will eventually start to turn against the current ownership model if we regress or remain stagnant for long enough, I think another period similar to 2006-2008 under an owner with less goodwill behind them could see things start to get really nasty and I think the pressure would then be on to sell the club, that's also ironically when we'd be most attractive to opportunistic potential new owners.

I don't think anythings imminent but I'd be very surprised if we don't have a completely different set of owners and model by the latter years of this decade. If I was Tom Smith i really don't know if I could be bothered with it all, I'd much rather just sell the club and support the club as a fan while enjoying the money I made from selling it, I don't really get what the attraction is for him. 

You don't know whether he will be free to sell it. There may be strings attached and legal complexities to his inheritance, as stipulated by the auntie.

6 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Where did they come from in the first instance? Didn’t McNally also hold a token 100 when he was here too, or am I misremembering? I thought it was just a thing they did, loan them a 100 while they’re on the board and then they are relinquished when they depart? 

You have to hold a minimum of 100 to serve as a director.

Ventriloquist Dummy GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

"I'm actually in charge now but retired Auntie will give me the occasional hand".....(up my back).....'A gottle o' gear'....

On 09/01/2022 at 12:46, shefcanary said:

I'm struggling with the latest posts on here which strikes me as being very negative and a cop out really.  

We're not talking about mobilising 26,000 here, just a handful of people with influence and a good public reputation. 

Come on guys, I'd be happy to get involved but would need some local contacts.

How about petition websites such as change.org etc ?

must be something fans can do the get them out ?

needs at least the Barclay to chant we want Delia out - have heard it lately at away games - need it loud at home 

2 hours ago, GMF said:

That appears to be correct. What is a little baffling though is why Ed's shares showed up as new issues in the 2016 Accounts at the nominal price of £1 (plus Tom's) yet have since been transferred back to MWJ. It is nevertheless clear in the sense that as Duncan Edwards says that is what they always do.

I was party to a question at the front end of the 2016 AGM on that apparent issue price of £1  compared to the previous years £100.

My suspicion is that they may have got caught out by the need to correct a minor error in the prior year accounts.

5 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Actually not necessarily. If I remember correctly the shareholders voted to allow the directors to decide whether to make up to one million new shares available to be bought, and S&J can be outvoted 3-2 at board level.

Point remains, should an investor be out there, this is the optimum route for them to put money into the club as it would all go to the club. 

2 hours ago, GMF said:

The key Corporate Governance issue here is how can there be confidence in independent Directors when shares are 'allocated' as opposed to "purchased at fair price'?

Edited by essex canary

2 hours ago, Big Vince said:

Of course. He was a solicitor. They are trained to be useless.

Probably your best ever post

12 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Point remains, should an investor be out there, this is the optimum route for them to put money into the club as it would all go to the club. 

I think that's the route for a benefactor to put money in. 

An investor would be much more likely to loan the money. Particularly while we are asset rich.

18 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

It would not get the required vote at board level.

It would be unanimously defeated 5-0.

The incumbents are not going to vote for loss of control by dilution.

I never understand why anyone quotes Investor! Can anyone actually point to a club who has an investor?

You’d have to loan against collateral so might as well take a lower interest loan on the club and off set the debt on any future profits.

I’m sure anyone wanting to put money into a club normally asks for certain % of control with it! As the new board member in at West Ham.

Edited by Indy

22 minutes ago, Indy said:

I never understand why anyone quotes Investor! Can anyone actually point to a club who has an investor?

You’d have to loan against collateral so might as well take a lower interest loan on the club and off set the debt on any future profits.

I’m sure anyone wanting to put money into a club normally asks for certain % of control with it! As the new board member in at West Ham.

Football clubs are not profitable entities. They are black holes that lunatics dive into because they have more money than sense.

1 hour ago, Big Vince said:

Football clubs are not profitable entities. They are black holes that lunatics dive into because they have more money than sense.

A bit like us season ticket holders then?

16 hours ago, GMF said:

Upon checking the accounts it appears the 200 shares were new issues, the last new share issues the Club has made to date.

What is really puzzling is why, when shares were issued at £100 in 2015, were these shares now in the hands of Board members issued at £1 each?