Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Angus Gunn- A fraud stealing a living off of his name?

Now I'm not saying he was a massive waste of money and him being the only keeper in English top flight history to lose 9-0 twice in a season should have been a sign of his 'quality' as a keeper and that he makes McGovern look like Buffon..

BUT

A sentimental signing just because his dad was excellent here a long time ago. There’s far better keepers going for free in the Championship and league one. 

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

Just utter dross. I'd genuinely rather have his dad in goal, at his age now!!! 

That’s a very good shout. Less agile these days but his rotund frame would at least block a lot of the goal. 

42 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Now I'm not saying he was a massive waste of money and him being the only keeper in English top flight history to lose 9-0 twice in a season should have been a sign of his 'quality' as a keeper and that he makes McGovern look like Buffon..

BUT

...whereas Gunn is looking like a buffoon!!!

35 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

That’s a very good shout. Less agile these days but his rotund frame would at least block a lot of the goal. 

Sat close to 'Portly' Bryan against the Gunners....and yep, he would definitely fill the goal.....

If we'd taken our chances we could have won this game.....FACT!......

Thought I'd get that in before the Club apologist brigade do.....

It’s incredible that people take pot shots at our reserve keeper when the issues are clearly so much deeper and reside with our ownership and board structure. Incredible.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kingston Yellow said:

It’s incredible that people take pot shots at our reserve keeper when the issues are clearly so much deeper and reside with our ownership and board structure. Incredible.

I think it's more the fact that a decent bit of the budget was spent on him, that could have gone elsewhere. 

12 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

If we'd taken our chances we could have won this game.....FACT!......

Thought I'd get that in before the Club apologist brigade do.....

No one can say we deserved anything out of that drivel, if they do, they are watching the wrong sport

1 minute ago, markdmhoward said:

I think it's more the fact that a decent bit of the budget was spent on him, that could have gone elsewhere. 

I agree Mark.  But who spent and signed off on that.  Webber is so far out of his depth it’s embarrassing, yet people are getting stuck into Gunn.

1 minute ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

No one can say we deserved anything out of that drivel, if they do, they are watching the wrong sport

I've just punched a hole in my right cheek with my tongue.... 😉 

Just now, Kingston Yellow said:

I agree Mark.  But who spent and signed off on that.  Webber is so far out of his depth it’s embarrassing, yet people are getting stuck into Gunn.

Yep, the buck stops with Webber of course mate

2 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

I wuz been tung in cheek.....in an OTT way.....

That does get lost on here. I have often failed to make a less than serious point because I forgot the apparently necessary emoji to explain the admittedly poor attempt at wit.

Gunn is dreadful. A woeful keeper. 

Literally here because of his dad and because we are "a nice club" who seem to think we owe people a living. 

Was nothing special at championship level for us, got shown up massively at Prem level with Southampton and now we have blown 5 million quid on him. 

Sooner Krul is back the better. Genuinely hope Gunn isn't in line to replace him any time soon.

Thought he did OK second half. I wasn’t keen on his purchase though, but admittedly none of us expected Big Daniel B’s health problems.

Struggling to see him as any sort of improvement on McGovern given the last couple of performances.

1. Pen - it’s a pen so not much chance.

2. Thought he should have saved it, looked like he had it covered but went under his hand.

3. Fizzed off the post through some players, nothing I think he could do, but the angle was so acute I do question it slightly. 

Decent double save second half - didn’t really have to do much after that. 

Distriubition accurate. 

What makes him him a waste of money? 

Edited by Danbury Yellow