Sign in to follow this  
vlad666

Sorenson

Don't know why its harsh, he was pretty poor in midfield during his limited time there. None of them could have complained about being dropped from the midfield.

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Don't know why its harsh, he was pretty poor in midfield during his limited time there. None of them could have complained about being dropped from the midfield.

Yeah to be fair Gilmour has been much better hasn’t he?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

I agree with this, I know we all really want  him to be the missing link but in the limited time he was in midfield v Villa he didn’t look great

Sorensen has been our best player the past two games. Total insult to drop him. Honestly the guy must train horribly or something because it’s two managers in a row that don’t appreciate what he does on the pitch.

It has been made very clear over the past 18 months that this player has to do a hell of a lot more on the pitch than other players do. How can anyone justify the inclusion of the likes of Gilmour, McLean and Kabak with mostly poor but mediocre performances at best all season. Sorensen has done excellently (again) in the face of being thrown totally in at the deep end in the wrong position (again) yet is dropped immediately at the first sniff of someone else being available (again).

I don’t know if there’s a word for it other than ‘harsh’. In fact I’d probably throw a couple of ‘very’s in front of that too.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Yeah to be fair Gilmour has been any better hasn’t he?

Fixed 👍

2 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Sorensen has been our best player the past two games. Total insult to drop him. Honestly the guy must train horribly or something because it’s two managers in a row that don’t appreciate what he does on the pitch.

It has been made very clear over the past 18 months that this player has to do a hell of a lot more on the pitch than other players do. How can anyone justify the inclusion of the likes of Gilmour, McLean and Kabak with mostly poor but mediocre performances at best all season. Sorensen has done excellently (again) in the face of being thrown totally in at the deep end in the wrong position (again) yet is dropped immediately at the first sniff of someone else being available (again).

I don’t know if there’s a word for it other than ‘harsh’. In fact I’d probably throw a couple of ‘very’s in front of that too.

Or as I put on another post, perhaps premiership managers and coaches who see training every day have a better idea of player quality and who should be selected than us fans!

and I’m one of the fans who rates Sorensen and really disl8ke McLean and Gilmour!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rock bus said:

I agree with this, I know we all really want  him to be the missing link but in the limited time he was in midfield v Villa he didn’t look great

He still managed to look a damn sight better than Gilmour and McLean have for most matches.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Mate was the sarcasm not obvious enough?! Sorensen has done more good for the team in the last two games than Gilmour has all season!

My post was also sarcasm, if that too wasn't obvious.... 😉

Seems that some players only allowed one poor game while others get every game. And the Villa game was our worst of the season when they were all poor.

3 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Seems that some players only allowed one poor game while others get every game. And the Villa game was our worst of the season when they were all poor.

Yep, same as Giannoulis. 

Again McLean the undroppable object in a static position…….anyone who has seen the games and agrees with dropping Sorensen, the only real player who looks anything close to a genuine premiership midfielder (Normann aside) now back on the bench! Only real reason must be he’s got a slight injury and rested for Tuesday surely!

15 minutes ago, rock bus said:

Or as I put on another post, perhaps premiership managers and coaches who see training every day have a better idea of player quality and who should be selected than us fans!

and I’m one of the fans who rates Sorensen and really disl8ke McLean and Gilmour!

The guy has received unanimous praise from all corners of the board over the past two games. I’d have also been shocked to see Placheta dropped who was our best attacking threat against Villa.

There really isn’t a good reason for Gilmour to be in a team over him, unless it’s a knock or rest scenario but then why bother even having him on the bench?

Unfortunately I fear he has fallen down the pecking order again through no fault of his own (certainly not on the pitch anyway). Of course we don’t know if it’s something behind the scenes with him, I’m starting to think it must be, he’s been a bit of mystery since his performances at left back last season!

3 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Why have they dropped him, he's our best defender 😅

Probably our best striker too!😉

I think Sorensen should put in a transfer request. His face obviously doesn't fit in here for whatever reason. Maybe because Webber didn't waste a ridiculous amount of money on him and so therefore we don't have to keep playing him in order to protect Webber's reputation.

25 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

I think Sorensen should put in a transfer request. His face obviously doesn't fit in here for whatever reason. Maybe because Webber didn't waste a ridiculous amount of money on him and so therefore we don't have to keep playing him in order to protect Webber's reputation.

Of all the many conspiracy theories I have seen on this board. This is perhaps my favourite.