Sign in to follow this  
canarybubbles

Tzolis out with Covid

Really bad news. There goes the chance of Dimi and Tzolis working together down one wing. It also means there's a good chance of other players having caught it. 

And probably Sargent will play yet again.

Just now, canarybubbles said:

Really bad news. There goes the chance of Dimi and Tzolis working together down one wing. It also means there's a good chance of other players having caught it. 

And probably Sargent will play yet again.

If we had 1970 World Cup Pele Josh Sargent would play

This is the second time Tzolis has contracted the virus but it is understood that he had been double jabbed before completing a move to Norfolk earlier in the summer. 

4 minutes ago, Mengo said:

This is the second time Tzolis has contracted the virus but it is understood that he had been double jabbed before completing a move to Norfolk earlier in the summer. 

Being double jabbed does not prevent you from getting covid but it does lessen the chance.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Being double jabbed does not prevent you from getting covid but it does lessen the chance.

And the good news is that this is likely to be less severe  and not likely to lead to Long Covid.

Edited by canarybubbles

7 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Getting it twice while being double jabbed must make him as unlucky as Josh Sargent in front of goal then

Just now, The Real Buh said:

Getting it twice while being double jabbed must make him as unlucky as Josh Sargent in front of goal then

You really think Sargent has been unlucky in front of goal ? 😂

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

It reduces the severity of the impact of the virus and how transmissible it is.

What people forget about the last bit, is that if for every 15mins you are in close contact with someone, that rate is much less, say 1/10, the longer you spend with someone, the more times you are asking that 1 in 10 to happen. Then you take into account these chaps are training with each other and playing against other teams, marking other players, running alongside them as they rapidly inhale-exhale, it's surprising there hasn't been more cases. 

I thought the rhetoric re: Giannoulis 'is in contention' was slightly odd in the build up. Dimi and Tzolis share a house so I wonder if DG was the other player awaiting results 

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

🤣🤣

”his workrate is excellent”

1 minute ago, chicken said:

It reduces the severity of the impact of the virus and how transmissible it is.

What people forget about the last bit, is that if for every 15mins you are in close contact with someone, that rate is much less, say 1/10, the longer you spend with someone, the more times you are asking that 1 in 10 to happen. Then you take into account these chaps are training with each other and playing against other teams, marking other players, running alongside them as they rapidly inhale-exhale, it's surprising there hasn't been more cases. 

Oh it's coming make no mistake about it chicken.

• Like 1

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

I think some of it comes down to luck.

I say that because he comes on Vs Southampton at half time and everyone hails him as part of the impact that changed the outcome of that game.

He comes on against Spurs for what? 10 mins, when the situation is 3-0 down and he hits the ball against his standing leg and somehow he gets more hate and scorn than Pukki who has spurned more chances in 75-80mins than Sargent had. Pukki, despite being our top scorer, could well have scored more himself and no doubt has missed more chances. What do we call that? Lucky? Unlucky?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

Oh it's coming make no mistake about it chicken.

For sure. It only takes a glance at the twitter responses to the club announcing the impact of the Governments decisions on home fixtures... people refusing to comply.

I think some of it comes down to luck.

I say that because he comes on Vs Southampton at half time and everyone hails him as part of the impact that changed the outcome of that game.

He comes on against Spurs for what? 10 mins, when the situation is 3-0 down and he hits the ball against his standing leg and somehow he gets more hate and scorn than Pukki who has spurned more chances in 75-80mins than Sargent had. Pukki, despite being our top scorer, could well have scored more himself and no doubt has missed more chances. What do we call that? Lucky? Unlucky?

Agree with the main thrust of this. I don't rate Sargent for one moment as a striker but (as you imply) the boy Pukki gets cut some considerable slack whenever he misses chances yet the boy Sargent is immediately slagged off as 'effing useless' when his misses occur!   

For sure. It only takes a glance at the twitter responses to the club announcing the impact of the Governments decisions on home fixtures... people refusing to comply.

I expect to see a significant number of empty seats today even though it is Man Utd and Live on Sky.

10 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

No cantwell

I haven’t seen this anywhere, just looked at the presser and his name didn’t crop up… is he out still??

Wishing him a speedy recovery. This sucks to be honest. Our two most influential in form players are out. Now Tzolis who was no doubt close to starting today. Is Josh a witch? Is he cursing this team mates to stay in the team?

27 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

Kinda feel like we'll see 2 or 3 more players "missing" from the squad tonight

Two players tested positive, two others were being assessed for knocks. So yes, at least one more to be announced out as ill with covid.

To be honest, Mumba has looked pretty good to call upon, will be very hard against top opposition but I imagine he'll be called to the bench. If Kabak is back, then I can invisage it'll be every fit defender to the pitch/defence.

We are suddenly picking up an injury list rivaling our last season in the premier league though; Zimmermann, Byram both long term absantees, Williams is ineligible for todays game, Normann, Rashica, Tzolis (out for both games next week too), and up to three more to be announced. 

Two players tested positive, two others were being assessed for knocks. So yes, at least one more to be announced out as ill with covid.

No, two players were feeling ill and were asked to take a PCR test.  We now know Tzolis has been one of those players and has tested positive.  The fact no other player has been  named hopefully points to a negative result.  Then it just depends on whether that player has recovered from their illness.  

So, we are sweating on 3 players still.

I refused the jab to begin with but I'm now jabbed up and I'm relieved I did it. 

He's pretty unlucky to get covid twice. 

I have heard a fair amount of footballers are refusing the jab though.

Just now, Chelm Canary said:

I have heard a fair amount of footballers are refusing the jab though.

Careful Chelm C, youll be asked for proof of that statement. 

As Tzolis named as one of the two doubtful seems to indicate he is only Covid absentee.  Hope that is the case but also injured players may miss out whoever they are?   

6 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Careful Chelm C, youll be asked for proof of that statement. 

To be fair I've just said 'I've heard' So I'm saying it's nothing more than a rumour.

However Dean Smith said in an interview recently that some Norwich players aren't having the vaccine and they can't be forced to. 

5 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

To be fair I've just said 'I've heard' So I'm saying it's nothing more than a rumour.

However Dean Smith said in an interview recently that some Norwich players aren't having the vaccine and they can't be forced to. 

MY post was 

Wouldn't be surprised if some of the players (generally not specifially NCFC ones) declined that testing too.   

And was met with a 

Do you have any evidence for that wild accusation?

Edited by Greavsy
  • Like 1