Sign in to follow this  
pete

Smith announced on Sky at 8.30

2 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

What if he turns us down 🤣🤣🤣

Then it will be Neil Adams who is offered the job and we'll get a "We've scoured all of Europe and we believe the best candidate was already here all along" announcement again

Just now, Hand of Theo said:

Then it will be Neil Adams who is offered the job and we'll get a "We've scoured all of Europe and we believe the best candidate was already here all along" announcement again

Right now, the way things are looking, I’d take Adams.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

Not wrong at all you plonker, we’d all love world peace wouldn’t we? But we’ve no idea how to achieve it.

wtf am I expecting? Since you asked so eloquently, I was expecting (and still hoping for) Webber to have found us an upgrade on Farke. Somebody that can continue the philosophy, in the same vein as the previous regime, somebody, importantly, whose career path is following an upward trajectory. Somebody who would unite, inspire and rejuvenate us fans. Somebody who hasn’t only got a marginally better track record than the guy we just ousted despite having resources at his disposal that we could only dream of. 

Respectfully, please try to make your case without being rude, what are you expecting?

Calling me a plonker in your first sentence is very respectful, isn't it, but is certainly very rude! ? So maybe you shouldn't be so hypocritical and follow your own advice! 

Daniel Farke's time was up at City and I'm sure Webber had a plan (and maybe still has?) but we are not in a position where we can pick and choose who is our new Coach.

If Smith is our best option then so be it, but those that just dispose of the idea with no solutions just craze the hell out of me. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Sideshow Tim said:

Calling me a plonker in your first sentence is very respectful, isn't it, but is certainly very rude! ? So maybe you shouldn't be so hypocritical and follow your own advice! 

Daniel Farke's time was up at City and I'm sure Webber had a plan (and maybe still has?) but we are not in a position where we can pick and choose who is our new Coach.

If Smith is our best option then so be it, but those that just dispose of the idea with no solutions just craze the hell out of me. 

Nope we are allowed to have an opinion if you’re OK with that? If Smith is our best option then we’re in for a long stint in the championship!

Edited by Indy
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Your a good poster but your condescending and

up your own **** opinions cost you a few votes. You’ll get there as you get older and mature. 

I only get to that point when you constantly without fail make digs at me for never criticising when this entire week has been me criticising the idea of going for Lampard and Smith.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Indy said:

what has Smith done? Got Villa promoted once, how many times has Farke got us promoted with this limited budget? It’s definitely a poor choice and one I hope is total bull****e!

6 weeks ago he was a highly respected Premier League manager?! 

Just now, Sideshow Tim said:

So was Farke! And he didn’t spend 180 million in two season to get promoted and stay up!

Edited by Indy

Whatever our view is of Smith, we have to admire his desire to get straight back on the horse if he takes it...he obviously wants to work when it would be easy for him to take a bit of time out.

He'll at least be fully up to speed with opposition players, tactics etc etc in this league 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Nope we are allowed to have an opinion if you’re OK with that?

I agree but have an opinion with a solution rather just disposing of others options! 

1 minute ago, Indy said:

So was Farke! And he didn’t spend 180 million in two season to get promoted and stay up!

Um, not so sure about that! 

1 minute ago, Indy said:

I think calling Farke a highly respectable Premier League manager might be a bit of a stretch

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sideshow Tim said:

6 weeks ago he took the best player we’ve had in years and had turned him into a conference player. What the hell is he going to do with the likes of Sargent?

Edited by Virtual reality

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I only get to that point when you constantly without fail make digs at me for never criticising when this entire week has been me criticising the idea of going for Lampard and Smith.

I’m not sure you deserve any criticism Hogy as you I don’t think many of us wanted either really! I rather kept Farke! When he was sacked I thought we had someone far better lined up, still hope we have! 💚💛

I firmly believe this isn’t happening anyway. Talk sport and Sky between them are just enjoying a continuation of winding us up by putting this rubbish out there.

I'm confident Webber will deliver and we’ll all (most of us), be happy

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sideshow Tim said:

Um, not so sure about that! 

Yes he did, just look at the transfers 2019/2020/2021….. net spend 180 million, this season has changed due to Grealish sale but previous two season spent an obscene amount compared to Farke!

2 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

I think calling Farke a highly respectable Premier League manager might be a bit of a stretch

Come on, he was definitely respected, to say otherwise is unfair. Klopp and Plop were fans for a start.

Just now, Coneys Knee said:

Come on, he was definitely respected, to say otherwise is unfair. Klopp and Plop were fans for a start.

As a person yes, but his management record at this level was shocking. 

2 hours ago, duke63 said:

Managerial record...underwhelmimg doesn't begin to describe it.

Walsall

4 January 2011

30 November 2015

Pl

W

D

L

[101]
Brentford 30 November 2015 10 October 2018 143 57 35 51 39.86 [101]
Aston Villa 10 October 2018 7 November 2021 139 55 28 56 39.5

before Farke joined us he was at Lippstadt (who?) and Dortmund B

12 minutes ago, Indy said:

Back to how much he spent, in two seasons it was 180 million, if that’s you’re standard to say he’s done better than Farke then I think you need a stiff drink!

He's certainly done better than Farke in the Premier League. Managers are not 'highly respected' when they take half a point a game at that level for almost 50 matches. 

Oh - and Smith wasn't sacked because Villa looked like going down or something. He was sacked because Villa want top 6/top 8 now. In other words, he couldn't take them to some exalted new level, but was plenty good enough to keep them safe and sound in the division. 

Even this season, despite Villa being crap, he got double the points tally of someone many on here are now demanding we bring back!

Edited by thebigfeller
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

😂 OK maybe not but had he sounded £180 million in the two seasons, then I’m sure we’d be better off than Villa are now!

4 minutes ago, Indy said:

Yes he did, just look at the transfers 2019/2020/2021….. net spend 180 million, this season has changed due to Grealish sale but previous two season spent an obscene amount compared to Farke!

I was referring to your comment that Farke was a highly respected Manager 6 weeks ago! 

Just now, Indy said:

😂 OK maybe not but had he sounded £180 million in the two seasons, then I’m sure we’d be better off than Villa are now!

This we’ll never know but if I was a betting man I’d say you may well be right!

6 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

Look at his record at this level. Says something very different...... 

4 minutes ago, thebigfeller said:

He's certainly done better than Farke in the Premier League. Managers are not 'highly respected' when they take half a point a game at that level for almost 50 matches. 

Oh - and Smith wasn't sacked because Villa looked like going down or something. He was sacked because Villa want top 6/top 8 now. In other words, he couldn't take them to some exalted new level, but was plenty good enough to keep them safe and sound in the division. 

Even this season, despite Villa being crap, he got double the points tally of someone many on here are now demanding we bring back!

😂 again he’s spent a net nearly £200 million to get Villa a bit better than us and you’re defending him, he got sacked as he’s lost more games than he’s won again worse teams than we’ve played this season!

Edited by Indy

14 minutes ago, Indy said:

Nope we are allowed to have an opinion if you’re OK with that? If Smith is our best option then we’re in for a long stint in the championship!

Apparently that's where we're headed anyway.....

🙃

We don't even know if Smith is the new coach but if he is, we do know one thing with certainty. He absolutely cannot be a worse premier league manager for us than DF was. 

We are absolutely rock bottom in all respects at the moment. The players look a shambles and we are looking like the worst team in the history of the Premier league. 

NCFC in the Premier league under Farke were a shambles and national joke, under a new coach whoever he may be we cannot be any worse. 

Just now, nutty nigel said:

Apparently that's where we're headed anyway.....

🙃

Probably 😂👍 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mullet said:

We don't even know if Smith is the new coach but if he is, we do know one thing with certainty. He absolutely cannot be a worse premier league manager for us than DF was. 

We are absolutely rock bottom in all respects at the moment. The players look a shambles and we are looking like the worst team in the history of the Premier league. 

NCFC in the Premier league under Farke were a shambles and national joke, under a new coach whoever he may be we cannot be any worse. 

He’s taken a good player in Buendia and made him look like pub team player! I will hold my reservations if it does turn out to be Smith!