Sign in to follow this  
Danke bitte

Sargent. Now.

So.. what happens to our latest and greatest scapegoat Sargent given the new coaching team will come in soon…

A write off? 

Not coached enough?

Diamond in the rough?

Off in Jan?

Edited by Danke bitte

Get him to work harder off the ball to get in position,  and stop defaulting so wide would be first steps.

If he can't finish he can at least be useful as part of the 11.  Our defensive midfielder is more an attacking threat than he is, which is nuts.

There's a lot to work with though, don't write him off as he's a switched on guy and has a bright future.

Sargent was bought in by the scouting and recruitment team which report to the DOF, the coach is involved at some stage but it isn't his role.

The club has been operating this way for some time, I'm surprised you haven't noticed.

• Like 1

I hope he scores soon, and then hits a purple patch and shut a lot of you up. The lads 21, from America, went to Germany and played in the bundesliga at a young age. If and when he starts firing and scoring I bet you'll all soon say he's the next best thing. Get behind him instead of slating the lad ffs. McLean has been here for ages and people think he's good when he's really not....

At least he turns up for training and is desperate to play for the team. 

8 hours ago, Danke bitte said:

So.. what happens to our latest and greatest scapegoat Sargent given the new coaching team will come in soon…

A write off? 

Not coached enough?

Diamond in the rough?

Off in Jan?

RVW 2 - The Squequel

If you take his performance against Brighton aside from the miss, plenty of potential and will be a valuable squad player. That miss, and the obvious confidence issue is hampering him. Farke should have given him a few games on the bench afterwards. Chelsea was not a game to rebuild your confidence. 

I would admit that he looks to be keeping it simple now as a result of low confidence and that draws comparisons with hugill, but there is a decent player there. 

I still think he could do with a loan to say a championship club in Jan.

I think he’s in a place where he’s shown that he’s not quite good enough for the Prem at the moment or that he is what Norwich need to keep them up.  He is young enough to develop and learn in the right team and become a better player though. I wouldn’t call him a waste of money yet and think it’s too early to make any kind of final decisions on his ability.