Thumbbass

Stuff you've thought of but it's too dull for conversation

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

In Scotland they would call it a 'House Coat'.

House coat to me conjures up an image of a pink quilted nylon thing from the seventies. Didn’t know the word(s) were still in use.

Edited by Nuff Said

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

House coat to me conjures up an image of a pink quilted nylon thing from the seventies. Didn’t know the word(s) were still in use.

I work with a lot of Scottish people, trust me they still call them 'House Coats'.

They do in Glasgow, Clydebank and Port Glasgow, so the West Coast anyway, I know this because when I'm wearing my dressing gown on teams calls I get asked why I'm wearing my 'House Coat' to which I naturally reply "well I'm in my house aren't I?"

Why can’t I ever remember the first names of Jeremy Clarkson’s co-presenters? I always have to look them up eventually-although I haven’t actually bothered this time 🤣

Why have they changed train tickets to a bit of paper too big to go in most wallets without folding it?

They're really trying to make it so awkward everyone uses their phone I'm guessing. Which is fine if you have chargers on ALL trains and stations. 

• Like 1

On 20/04/2024 at 10:01, Mr Angry said:

Why can’t I ever remember the first names of Jeremy Clarkson’s co-presenters? I always have to look them up eventually-although I haven’t actually bothered this time 🤣

The hamster and captain slow. 

Posted (edited)
On 20/04/2024 at 10:01, Mr Angry said:

If it helps, I think of the three of them as tw4t 1, tw4t 2 and tw4t 3.

Edit; I can’t use tw “at sign” t?!? Well, take that swear filter!

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

The hamster and captain slow. 

He's not a real hamster. 

2 hours ago, Herman said:

He's not a real hamster. 

Don’t believe everything Stewart Lee says 🤣

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

If it helps, I think of the three of them as tw4t 1, tw4t 2 and tw4t 3.

Edit; I can’t use tw “at sign” t?!? Well, take that swear filter!

The Knut that invented the hissing swear filter can funking rot in hello. 😉

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Don’t believe everything Stewart Lee says 🤣

My sons were quite fans of Top Gear in their teenage years but once they watched the Stewart Lee episode (because their dad loved SL) they didn't watch TG ever again. They also think all of them are tw4ts. Stewart Lee has probably performed a great service for many. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, sonyc said:

My sons were quite fans of Top Gear in their teenage years but once they watched the Stewart Lee episode (because their dad loved SL) they didn't watch TG ever again. They also think all of them are tw4ts. Stewart Lee has probably performed a great service for many. 

I’ll have to watch that!

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

I’ll have to watch that!

There are a few I believe.

Here's one.

And another on the country's history... Not Top Gear related but what the hell...(maybe not everyone's taste SL).

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 2

On 20/04/2024 at 12:02, The Raptor said:

Why have they changed train tickets to a bit of paper too big to go in most wallets without folding it?

They're really trying to make it so awkward everyone uses their phone I'm guessing. Which is fine if you have chargers on ALL trains and stations. 

Crikey, how big are your tickets? Every one I've received for years have been the same size, 8.5 cm by 5.5 cm, and fit comfortably in my wallet. Maybe you need to buy a bigger wallet 🤔

All the best to Rageh Omaar. I thought he was struggling through the news last night. Hopefully nothing too serious.🤞

• Like 1

On 22/04/2024 at 16:10, sonyc said:

There are a few I believe.

Here's one.

And another on the country's history... Not Top Gear related but what the hell...(maybe not everyone's taste SL).

Saw Stewart Lee at the King's Theatre in Glasgow last month. £4.60 for a bottle of Peroni 0% (poured into a plastic pint pot) ...It's political correctness gone mad, Stew.

Although to be fair it was worth it, great gig. 🤣

Apples

• Like 1

I won't pay full price for a Mcdonald's, ever. 

I use the code on the previous receipt to get a Big Mac (or other) and fries for £2.99. I also use the points from the app to get a free drink every 3 or 4 visits. 

You can even use the discounted meal receipts. All you have to do is a 3 minute survey to get your code. 

Now surely that has reintroduced the dullness to this thread. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I tried kimchi for the first time the other day. I'd heard it's very good for you. It's not all that.

40 minutes ago, Herman said:

I tried kimchi for the first time the other day. I'd heard it's very good for you. It's not all that.

Asian sauerkraut?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

Asian sauerkraut?

Basically the same, just a bit spicier. Very good for gut health so may just endure a bit now and then.😉

17 hours ago, Daz Sparks said:

I won't pay full price for a Mcdonald's, ever. 

I use the code on the previous receipt to get a Big Mac (or other) and fries for £2.99. I also use the points from the app to get a free drink every 3 or 4 visits. 

You can even use the discounted meal receipts. All you have to do is a 3 minute survey to get your code. 

Now surely that has reintroduced the dullness to this thread. 

I’ve never had a McDonalds burger-when they were getting popular in the 70s/80s there were some protests against them where glue was poured into the locks. I can’t remember what the protests were about now but I decided not to eat their burgers. Later on a friend told me that they were at the bottom of the food chain in the USA, which gave me another reason not to eat them.

My brother works for a company who’s biggest clients are McDonalds so if you’ve eaten in one that has been built in the last 20 years the chances are that my brother designed the layout for the drainage on the site.

The former CEO of McDonalds was in the year below my brother at school.

Dull enough for you?

7 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

I’ve never had a McDonalds burger-when they were getting popular in the 70s/80s there were some protests against them where glue was poured into the locks. I can’t remember what the protests were about now but I decided not to eat their burgers. Later on a friend told me that they were at the bottom of the food chain in the USA, which gave me another reason not to eat them.

My brother works for a company who’s biggest clients are McDonalds so if you’ve eaten in one that has been built in the last 20 years the chances are that my brother designed the layout for the drainage on the site.

The former CEO of McDonalds was in the year below my brother at school.

Dull enough for you?

Zzzz

The Listerine jock talking donkey adverts...

Whatever advertising executives came up with that idea need to take a long hard look at themselves.

• Like 1

Andrew Tate was quoted as saying enjoying recreational sex is gay.

How's he getting on in that Romanian jail? He's probably had more c-o-c-k than Colonel Sanders in there by now.

Edited by TheGunnShow

There hasn't been that much excitement in the village since someone put that engine in a bin on the common a couple of weeks ago!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't know If it's always this bad but the TV line up today is shocking! I'm glad I don't have a TV at home! 

Currently going through the usual dance with Sky where they say my bills are going up at the end of my contract, I threaten to leave, they offer me a much lower deal. However the fact they kick this off by asking if I'd like to switch my mobile phone to them too if very annoying- what makes you think I'm cancelling because I want to spend more money with you??

• Like 1