Hank shoots Skyler

Giannoulis 👋

19 minutes ago, ABC (A Basingstoke Canary) said:

Everyone agrees with you including DF - except Paddy - here is an excerpt of what he said:

"Plus those defensive concerns around Dimi Giannoulis persist, for all his attacking thrust. As Farke said on Friday, there is work still to do."

Was Paddy actually at the match or was he using some sort of wordsmithing software that developed a virus?

Paddy Davitt in being unreasonably negative about Norwich, who he does not support, shocker.

Thought Dimi was fantastic.

And there were more than 'very few positives'. I thought every single one of them played well. It's as though everyone just remembers selectively whether we have had a pre season or not compared to our world class opponents.

I am tremendously excited about this season. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ABC (A Basingstoke Canary) said:

Everyone agrees with you including DF - except Paddy - here is an excerpt of what he said:

"Plus those defensive concerns around Dimi Giannoulis persist, for all his attacking thrust. As Farke said on Friday, there is work still to do."

Was Paddy actually at the match or was he using some sort of wordsmithing software that developed a virus?

Yes I was surprised to read Paddy’s comments , the first goal was down to Raschica not tracking back fast enough to protect Giannoulis. Considering the opposition he was up against he more than proved yesterday that he is a premier league level player and was clearly MotM. 

11 hours ago, Deptford Yellow said:

Yes I was surprised by Paddy’s comments too - I thought him and Maxi were immense today ...

Max was too weak at times but had a good game. If he can increase his body strength that will be the icing on the cake. I agree with the other comments regarding Giannoulis. Very impressive. 

8 hours ago, ABC (A Basingstoke Canary) said:

I actually think he got the wrong full back.

Just thought I’d bump this thread and remind people that this was just two weeks ago!!!

Now it seems he’s not good enough in some people’s eyes. It’s ridiculous.

Edited by Coneys Knee

2 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

Just thought I’d bump this thread and remind people that this was just two weeks ago!!!

Now it seems he’s. It good enough in some people’s eyes. It’s ridiculous.

Yes, it seems that one bad forty-five minutes against a multimillion pounds opponent is sufficient to write a player off and plant him on that ever-increasing scapegoat list.

2 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Yes, it seems that one bad forty-five minutes against a multimillion pounds opponent is sufficient to write a player off and plant him on that ever-increasing scapegoat list.

I find it mind boggling. The guy is quality but had a tough time against Man City, as will, no doubt, almost every left back in the premier league this season.

16 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

Not surprising though considering some of the ridiculous opinions we regularly get on here.

22 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

Right with you on this. So annoying and frustrating that majority of morons on here see Williams better than Dimi. Not in my book. Looks like we are forced to give him playing time. Wouldn't bode well with me if I was dimi. My take on the signing anyway

1 hour ago, Coneys Knee said:

Actually I was going to bump this thread after Man City. He was excellent against Liverpool but had a bit of a shocker against City which Farke went a bit - perhaps unnecessarily - public over. Saying ‘he wished he could’ve subbed him before half time’. 

My OP shows that you can definitely get carried away positively as much as the doom mongers do negatively. Of course the positive stuff is always much more pleasant, but still.

Of course he is far from written off for this season. And the problem is, Mumba came in and was at fault for two of the goals against Man City so barely did much better, and Williams had a shocker for the first goal against Leicester and probably should’ve done a bit better for the second. Again not exactly better - and nothing close to as immense as Giannoulis versus Liverpool.

Will be really disappointed if we persist with either of those two over Giannoulis unless they step it up, otherwise it will seem the Greek is being held to a higher standard than the others!

I suppose that could be dictated by the terms of our loan with United for Williams, but again it will be disappointing to have to favour the development of one of their players over ours - particularly when said player isn’t even performing any better than our own!

I’m sure we will see much more from Giannoulis though, it isn’t fair that the Liverpool 90 mins can be forgotten but the Man City 45 can continue to be held against him?

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler

Let's be honest, Giannoulis wasn't the second coming after Liverpool and he isn't a write-off after Man City.

He's an excellent attacking left back but struggles somewhat defensively, which means that he's a good option in a back four for matches when we're expected to be on the front foot and perfect for a wing-back role.

1 hour ago, Ward 3 said:

Right with you on this. So annoying and frustrating that majority of morons on here see Williams better than Dimi. Not in my book. Looks like we are forced to give him playing time. Wouldn't bode well with me if I was dimi. My take on the signing anyway

How do you know Farke's thinking wasn't that Leicester would have seen that Man City game and decided that a good game plan would be to give Giannoulis nightmares by relentlessly bombarding that side of the pitch, knowing that he'd be a bit shell shocked from the previous game? 

2 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

How do you know Farke's thinking wasn't that Leicester would have seen that Man City game and decided that a good game plan would be to give Giannoulis nightmares by relentlessly bombarding that side of the pitch, knowing that he'd be a bit shell shocked from the previous game? 

I don't know Farkes thinking, but surely that would ebb dimis confidence a bit lower than the 1st half at the etihad? I can see what you're saying, can you see my point of view too?

41 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

I don't know Farkes thinking, but surely that would ebb dimis confidence a bit lower than the 1st half at the etihad? I can see what you're saying, can you see my point of view too?

Yes, it concerns me also that Farke may have pressed the nuclear button on Giannoulis after one poor game, against the best side in the league (if not world). But how do we know he hasn't been considered to have ignored clear instructions?

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Luke M said:

Great player! Has a great personality and some great assets to the team. 

🎶 Are you his agent?

Are you his agent? 🎶

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

🎶 Are you his agent?

Are you his agent? 🎶

I wish. xD That would be cool.