unique

Tzolis passes medical

20 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

You say that like I haven't already

9PM I have pooped everywhere. Not liking this. Is something going to slip up

• Haha 1

Todays local  media report did kinda say it could be another 24 hrs but yea, its been a bit of a slow process it seems for quite a few weeks to get Christos signed up, but  as DF said with transfers...be patient.

There’s a guy on Twitter who is adamant that he won’t be unveiled until Friday. I didn’t believe him at first but as he hasn’t been announced today it might be true. He hasn’t said why though. 

1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

Agreed.

Re: Tzolis especially.

I'm delighted with this signing and am genuinely waiting anxiously for confirmation.

However, I am somewhat tempered by the fact that, if he is indeed a wonder kid who should be released immediately to wreak havoc among the Liverpool defence, then why NCFC? (With the  most due of due respects.)

The big names in the game are more efficient, even than us, at picking up on these prodigies yet, apart from some hint that he was "linked" with Man. U., none have pursued him.

Look how quickly that club were prepared to pay an absolute fortune for Antony Martial only to immediately put him in with the youth rather than the first team for quite some time (younger, I admit.) The big clubs have all the wonder-kids on their radar, it goes without say.  

He's good+ and will probably  be a major positive step forward of the self-funding policy and should, upon reputation, aid our survival quest,  but let's not assume that we have the next George Best on the books.

James Maddison signed for us, if Tzolis ended up at his level in a few years time I would call that an FM style wonderkid level signing.

I don't think many expect him to tear open Liverpool, many do think he is representative of a great future for the club.

18 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

If we're the most relegated, it also means we're the most promoted

Not necessarily as we were founder members of the EPL.

Saw on of the MFW tweeting that there is still the last little bit to be done on the contract, but nothing that anyone expects to be a problem. Likely just finalising it all and going over it with his agent/lawyer etc no doubt the club have been showing him around Colney and Carrow Road, likely to have met Delia too I’d imagine, so probably a busy day. Hopefully all sorted tonight so he’s ready to get stuck into training tomorrow and be unveiled.

2 hours ago, All the Germans said:

I am not the most knowledgeable of European football but would we really have been ridiculed for suggesting these players? I'd never heard of any of them before we were linked. This is in no way a criticism of the club but have the signings we have made sent a message to others we mean business? Not for me.

Overall, I am happy with our purchases so far and they appear to be good. However, shouldn't we watch them for a bit  before we deem them to be "serious talent"? 

We wouldn’t have been ridiculed for suggesting these players, of course, but as we wouldn’t pay the necessary fees to sign them before, I think it’s safe to say they were out of our league previously which speaks volumes. And of course at even just 19 years old, he’s a serious talent - it doesn’t take much research across the internet to realise that many like minded people can’t be wrong.

There was talk of having signed him for the first game of the season (a quote from his previous manager?) 

If that is the case, when is the deadline for getting him on the team sheet for Saturday?