Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

'We lack ambition.. when will Delia open her pockets?'

8 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

That one go unanswered by chance, Thirsty? 😂

I had a guesstimate (see above)!

21 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

If you knew me, you'd understand my username Alex, but as you don't (thank the lord), you of course don't.

Given your username, this has left me sort of nervously intrigued! 😀 😖

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

Listen, I can’t be responsible for thick c***s with ridiculously unfunny usernames like yourself that were last dreamt up during the Benny Hill era whom don’t have the intelligence to realise there’s still 3 weeks to sign the *right* CB and CDM. That’s what it comes down to. You need to take responsibility for your own knicker wetting big boy.

Well...image.thumb.png.cacef925b55e2dd8acef2b39e86b788e.png

8 minutes ago, Badger said:

Given your username, this has left me sort of nervously intrigued! 😀 😖

Haha!

Well Badger, it's more to do with my sister than me...

Back in the day, she was mascot for a Norwich game and her favourite player was Disco Dale. As part of being mascot, she got to go in the changing rooms and speak to the players etc. When she in was there, Disco was having some leg work done on a table and was...well...less than fully clothed; a jock strap and two well oiled legs were on display. Cue the photographer turning up and snapping my little sis right next to Dale in all his sweaty jockstrap glory!

If I can find the photo, and if my sister lets me, I'll post it on here.

OTBC

• Haha 3

44 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Haha!

Back in the day, she was mascot for a Norwich game and her favourite player was Disco Dale. As part of being mascot, she got to go in the changing rooms and speak to the players etc. When she in was there, Disco was having some leg work done on a table and was...well...less than fully clothed; a jock strap and two well oiled legs were on display. Cue the photographer turning up and snapping my little sis right next to Dale in all his sweaty jockstrap glory!

OTBC

That's a 10/10 username!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Haha!

OTBC

I'm just relieved that it wasn't a facial similarity nickname! 😀

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

Listen, I can’t be responsible for thick c***s with ridiculously unfunny usernames like yourself that were last dreamt up during the Benny Hill era whom don’t have the intelligence to realise there’s still 3 weeks to sign the *right* CB and CDM. That’s what it comes down to. You need to take responsibility for your own knicker wetting big boy.

image.gif.c52a82ba6f2d2b6a355a032e72543b0b.gif

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

I'd initially created a profile with the name The SrbenyHill Show but for some reason couldn't make it stick. So here I am now. 🙂

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Badger said:

I had a guesstimate (see above)!

Yes, saw that - FWIW I reckon it will end up being more than +10%. Total wage bill over £100 million for the first time in the club's history I'm going for.

5 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

I'd initially created a profile with the name The SrbenyHill Show but for some reason couldn't make it stick. So here I am now. 🙂

Careful TGS you might get called the C word as well!

Just now, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Careful TGS you might get called the C word as well!

Well, I was a football referee for ten years. Hardly telling me something I didn't know. 😉

• Haha 1

Interesting that Palace have just found another investor who has put in £87 million in return for a minority stake. 

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

Interesting that Palace have just found another investor who has put in £87 million in return for a minority stake. 

Impossible, no body wants to put money into a premiership club, has to be some crooked Chinese mafia type. Club will clearly cease to exist in 3 yrs time now.

That’s potentially fantastic news, Jim. But the level of interest very much depends on the details of the deal.

I’m shocked, these kind of people don’t exist. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Ah good, you must be the person to ask, Midland. Can you fill me in on the financial details of this investment? I am keen to know. Thanks.

11 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Ah good, you must be the person to ask, Midland. Can you fill me in on the financial details of this investment? I am keen to know. Thanks.

I’m sorry I can’t, let’s wait and see. Probably a grubby transaction and only in it for short term gain. 

30 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I’m sorry I can’t, let’s wait and see. Probably a grubby transaction and only in it for short term gain. 

If it is new equity it will have to be announced as such. I don't know the timeframe. Otherwise it will be a loan, I'd imagine.

Edited by Badger
Inserted 2nd sentence

34 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

That's just typical of your cliquey Delia-lovers - always claiming there is no such thing as a good investor.

5 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

That's just typical of your cliquey Delia-lovers - always claiming there is no such thing as a good investor.

Okay so you are opposed to Delia. Hmm. Interesting revelation here this one. Therefore by definition must be in favour of Chase.

5 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

Okay so you are opposed to Delia. Hmm. Interesting revelation here this one. Therefore by definition must be in favour of Chase.

This Chase?
robert chase – Systematic Thinker

2 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I don't know why you have that impression. If you are solvent, people are normally happy to lend you money - it is a common business model.

Obviously it becomes harder the more you borrow as a percentage of turnover. Before this latest investment, the Price of Football said that Palace had debts of £100 million. This may well have increased significantly.

This is not necessarily a problem until Palace are relegated or the investors require their money back. We don't know the terms on which the loans were made.

3 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Jim, do you have a link to this? I've seen the BBC, but no real detail.

4 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Ignore my request, I've found something now. 👍

On 10/08/2021 at 09:56, Uncle Fred said:

Yes and the £38 from Emi net the spend is next to zero 

If you were arguing a different point you would say 33 million for Emi, you are a snake mate.

On 10/08/2021 at 15:18, Badger said:

Has anybody ever accused you of being a "glass half full" kind of guy? 😁

Only if they ordered a pint when  he ran a pub. 👍😇😉

15 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

The Independent is reporting that Steve Parish's stake in Palace remains unchanged. I think this suggests that it is not new equity, because this would have diluted the Parish stake. 

We will not know for certain until it appears in the accounts, but I think the idea of it being £87 million pound investment is misleading. The "investment" probably means buying some of the shares of existing shareholders and lending the club money. Other articles report that's £50 million of the sum will go to pay off other debt - I suspect this might include the £40 million of director's loans that were in the last set of accounts. It has been widely reported that  2 of the clubs American directors wanted to be sell or reduce their commitment to Palace.

In short, only a small part of the declared £87 million is likely to be new money and that is likely to be a loan rather than a gift!

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/crystal-palace-american-john-benfica-london-b1900890.html

Edited by Badger
Added link
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Badger said:

The Independent is reporting that Steve Parish's stake in Palace remains unchanged. I think this suggests that it is not new equity, because this would have diluted the Parish stake. 

We will not know for certain until it appears in the accounts, but I think the idea of it being £87 million pound investment is misleading. The "investment" probably means buying some of the shares of existing shareholders and lending the club money. Other articles report that's £50 million of the sum will go to pay off other debt - I suspect this might include the £40 million of director's loans that were in the last set of accounts. It has been widely reported that  2 of the clubs American directors wanted to be sell or reduce their commitment to Palace.

In short, only a small part of the declared £87 million is likely to be new money and that is likely to be a loan rather than a gift!

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/crystal-palace-american-john-benfica-london-b1900890.html

It would certainly be interesting to understand a bit more how the Palace shareholdings/model works. Parrish is described as having a controlling stake but he has 18% as far as I can asecrtain so whether that means he has control through cooperation with certain other shareholders I'm not sure.

I'm not saying its the right way to do things or won;t go t*ts up at some point in the future but it would be interesting to see how it works as this is the second occasion now where Parrish and his partners HAVE on the face of it been able to get fresh investment into the club.

On 12/08/2021 at 13:14, Jim Smith said:

It would certainly be interesting to understand a bit more how the Palace shareholdings/model works. Parrish is described as having a controlling stake but he has 18% as far as I can asecrtain so whether that means he has control through cooperation with certain other shareholders I'm not sure.

I'm not saying its the right way to do things or won;t go t*ts up at some point in the future but it would be interesting to see how it works as this is the second occasion now where Parrish and his partners HAVE on the face of it been able to get fresh investment into the club.

I don't think that Palace have been able to get new investment into the club on two occasions - it is much more complicated than that. Please see the simplified cash flow statement 19-20 accounts from Swiss Ramble below.

1. The only new equity that was issued in 2016 was £11 million - this was to buy "his share" of Palace. The rest of the so-called £50 million pound investment was in loans - you will see the steady rise in shareholder loans over the next few years. In 2016, some of his "investment" was used to pay back other shareholders and didn't go to the club.

2. Of the new 2021 investment, the Athletic reports that about £58 million will be used to "pay off shareholder debts." In other words, it rather suggests that his investment is being used to pay back existing shareholder loans - it is not new money to the club at all. 

3. There is however, £30 million in additional funding left over and at least some of this seems to have gone to the club. However, the Independent reports that Steve Parish's share of the club "remains unchanged." This suggests that there is no new equity being issued (which would dilute Parish's share) and therefore, his share comes from buying other shareholder's shares. Therefore any additional funding on top of this, it seems will come from new shareholder loans.

4. The low interest payments suggest that the loans have come at very low rates of interest, so therefore better than a commercial loan and if the new shareholder has done the same it is obviously helpful to Palace (and unusual - most owners charge for their loans). We won't know for certain until we see the new accounts but it is pretty clear that most of the the "new" investment in Palace is "new" in the sense that it replaces "previous" investment rather than "additional" funding.  It is probably a loan rather than equity injection if the Independent is correct.

5. With regards the ownership model, the Telegraph also reports - "The four will continue the general partnership model that gives them all equal voting rights." You could understand that being attractive to new minority investors.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/08/11/crystal-palace-have-new-principal-shareholder-funds-set-reduce/