Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

'We lack ambition.. when will Delia open her pockets?'

On 11/08/2021 at 16:16, Hank shoots Skyler said:

@Alex Moss In all seriousness now I think you probably owe @Disco Dales Jockstrap a pretty strong apology...

Just had a look through my notifications and spotted this.

A strong apology? Absolutely not. The blokes an antagonistic pr1ck. As is that d1ckhead Midlands Yellow. 

I have the upmost respect for most posters on this forum, and engage fairly with folk even if we don’t share the same viewpoint - I make a point of being respectful in such circumstances. But one thing I do not tolerate is people who make up things I’ve not said - especially those that when called out on such falsities respond with an arrogant ‘OK’ rather than ‘my apologies - I got that wrong’.

11 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Just had a look through my notifications and spotted this.

A strong apology? Absolutely not. The blokes an antagonistic pr1ck. As is that d1ckhead Midlands Yellow. 

I have the upmost respect for most posters on this forum, and engage fairly with folk even if we don’t share the same viewpoint - I make a point of being respectful in such circumstances. But one thing I do not tolerate is people who make up things I’ve not said - especially those that when called out on such falsities respond with an arrogant ‘OK’ rather than ‘my apologies - I got that wrong’.

How was the headache? 

On 10/08/2021 at 10:54, Alex Moss said:

Exactly. The sale of Emi roughly covers this, we have spent around £40mil this summer and we’re not even done yet. We would have to be scraping the barrel to knock the club for this in fairness. Personally, it’s surprised me, the level of spending, and I applaud Webber for going for it in this window. 

On 10/08/2021 at 16:48, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

The sale of Emi covers the covid loss? I thought the sale of Lewis and Godfrey did that? Have we incurred a further 35 million in covid losses over the summer? Genuinely confused.

OTBC

On 10/08/2021 at 17:21, Alex Moss said:

I don’t know what transfers cover which loss etc, you would have to speak to Stuart Webber about that. What I do know is that there’ll be considerable other costs running the club, so it’s ridiculous to think that, for example, £100mil coming in should amount to £100mil going out. 

Not my money either at the end of the day. But it’s funny how people can spend it like it belongs to them, there’s some very entitled supporters out there.

Are you unhappy with the clubs spending this summer? 

On 10/08/2021 at 23:19, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

What, you mean the Stuart Webber who said:

“We didn’t have to sell Emi because of the pandemic, probably more so Ben Godfrey, because when it started to become apparent fans would not be present for the last Championship season we could then predict the scale of the losses,”

We've bought players in positions that we need them but are still short in key areas - CB and CDM to be precise. Fail to sort them out and we'll struggle even if you spent Delia's personal wine budget for the year on transfers. I guess the club must agree with me as it's no secret we are looking for players in those areas.

OTBC

On 10/08/2021 at 23:40, Alex Moss said:

Au contraire, I never asked you whether you were *happy* with our signings thus far. Neither have I said we don’t need a CB and a CDM. We do.

So, I will take it back to the original question and ask you again, are you unhappy with our *spending* thus far? Or are you feeling robbed of not your money because the transfer window is 3 weeks from closing? 🍼

On 11/08/2021 at 00:00, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

OK...

OK...

I'm not happy or unhappy tbh - we can only spend what we can afford. The club knows what that is. I only posted a comment as your original post about Emi appeared so clearly wrong.

What a strange comment; I'd try to answer it if I understood it. You can try again if you like.

OTBC

On 11/08/2021 at 02:23, Alex Moss said:

Listen, I can’t be responsible for thick c***s with ridiculously unfunny usernames like yourself that were last dreamt up during the Benny Hill era whom don’t have the intelligence to realise there’s still 3 weeks to sign the *right* CB and CDM. That’s what it comes down to. You need to take responsibility for your own knicker wetting big boy.

@Alex Moss I am surprised you have brought this thread up after previously ignoring / missing the responses to your comment. I am even more surprised that rather than apologising you are now doubling down on it. 

Here is the full interaction in all of its glory.... at what point is any of your comment justified? 

On 18/08/2021 at 13:10, Hank shoots Skyler said:

@Alex Moss I am surprised you have brought this thread up after previously ignoring / missing the responses to your comment. I am even more surprised that rather than apologising you are now doubling down on it. 

Here is the full interaction in all of its glory.... at what point is any of your comment justified? 

Hello Hank,

I only just noticed this thread was still going - I really do appreciate your comments but it's really not necessary.

Alex is the type that is never wrong. When you (even gently) show him he isn't quite correct, he can't handle it. Cue the name calling.

I will say I wasn't aware that a simple ‘OK’ could be seen as arrogant...and apparently I'm supposed to apologise for something. Answers on a postcard for that one.

OTBC

6 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Hello Hank,

I only just noticed this thread was still going - I really do appreciate your comments but it's really not necessary.

Alex is the type that is never wrong. When you (even gently) show him he isn't quite correct, he can't handle it. Cue the name calling.

I will say I wasn't aware that a simple ‘OK’ could be seen as arrogant...and apparently I'm supposed to apologise for something. Answers on a postcard for that one.

OTBC

He hadn’t noticed the response asking him to apologise! Yeah right, head firmly lodged up his own backside. 

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

He hadn’t noticed the response asking him to apologise! Yeah right, head firmly lodged up his own backside. 

He wasn't very complementary to you either Midlands! All very strange.

OTBC

Just now, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

He wasn't very complementary to you either Midlands! All very strange.

OTBC

Some of his comments regarding me were funny to be fair, my partner agreed with them. But poor old Alex was obviously having a bad night and hasn’t the balls to apologise to you.