Matt Morriss

Vaccine Passports - October 1st

22 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Sorry purple bit it’s not that easy to implement, people that work in supermarkets already get enough grief ! 😁.  Would you want to stand in a doorway and tell someone they can’t come in even though they’re not breaking any laws ? 

Its not just restricted to supermarkets, but isn't that what security / doormen (bouncers for those of a certain age) have been dealing with for years. That's not breaking any laws either for a dress code as an example. 

Anyways FF - Cant you be armed with a baguette to fight them off? 

image.png.662674e88ddd4713ad7007e6f5be56d6.png

I am totally with the majority on this thread and see that the originator of the thread has opted out of any further response.  I would, however, be interested in clarification of his reasons behind the refusal of 'pharmaceutical intervention' ?  Does that mean that he does not have any desire to  be protected by any vaccine?  Did he have the polio. tetanus or BCG jabs when he was younger?  If he has children of his own, does he prevent them having MMR jabs? What exactly has he got against the vaccination process which has (factually accurate) saved millions of lives and increased the lifespan of the human race over the past 200 years?

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

Sorry purple bit it’s not that easy to implement, people that work in supermarkets already get enough grief ! 😁.  Would you want to stand in a doorway and tell someone they can’t come in even though they’re not breaking any laws ? 

That is a fair point but not the one I was responding to, which was the claim that the maskless could not be barred from shops etc. In fact there are countries where supermarkets, for example, do bar the maskless, and manage to enforce that.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Virtual reality said:

I posted an article by a surgeon that explains why they wear masks. Everything you’ve put hear about “anti vaxers” has no relevance to that

Just googled the author:

Jim Meehan, MD

In his Twitter bio, Meehan lists hashtags for “Medical Freedom,” a popular tag for the anti-vaccine movement, and for QAnon, a far-right fringe conspiracy that believes a group of Satan-worshipping pedophiles runs a child sex-trafficking ring across the world that also schemes against President Donald Trump. Some members of QAnon believe Trump is secretly sending them coded messages on various websites to update them. 

In 2019, the FBI described QAnon as a domestic terror threat.

At one point in the hearing, Meehan said that an overabundance of skin pigment prevents the sun from killing the coronavirus inside the bodies of people of color and they should take more  vitamins to keep from getting sick. There is no scientific evidence for that claim.

14 minutes ago, g00se said:

Just googled the author:

Jim Meehan, MD

In his Twitter bio, Meehan lists hashtags for “Medical Freedom,” a popular tag for the anti-vaccine movement, and for QAnon, a far-right fringe conspiracy that believes a group of Satan-worshipping pedophiles runs a child sex-trafficking ring across the world that also schemes against President Donald Trump. Some members of QAnon believe Trump is secretly sending them coded messages on various websites to update them. 

At one point in the hearing, Meehan said that an overabundance of skin pigment prevents the sun from killing the coronavirus inside the bodies of people of color and they should take more  vitamins to keep from getting sick. There is no scientific evidence for that claim.

But does that change anything in the reasons why they wear masks in surgery?

23 hours ago, Matt Morriss said:

I think you need to do some research other than BBC News 

So which reliable source do you use?

19 hours ago, Coneys Knee said:

It’s a choice thing you see, we have a choice and should have a choice, and that applies to being vaccinated for the record.

Do you also believe that people should be allowed to drink and drive and carry firearms?

3 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

I will wear masks in crowded areas because I like to be considerate to my fellow human beings

I think that this is now called virtue signalling and makes you woke! (Both of which are good in my eyes.)

This video really highlights the flip flopping from those making the rules on masks. I’m not posting it as pro or anti mask but just highlighting the mixed messages

Just now, Virtual reality said:

But does that change anything in the reasons why they wear masks in surgery?

His account in anecdotal and as it appears he has an anti-vax bias, then it's suspect. The research quoted is with regard to "laboratory confirmed influenza" and claims it is inconclusive. Here's some research and appraisal of the influence of masks on SARS-CoV2

https://gh.bmj.com/content/5/5/e002794?ijkey=00a1a7966fadbe42b22c3badc63d16b231f6fc79&keytype2=tf_ipsecsha

https://www.pnas.org/content/118/4/e2014564118?__cf_chl_jschl_tk__=pmd_0a292f0b1463acdd0a558f9d81d03b10a599a2cc-1627486179-0-gqNtZGzNAeKjcnBszQiO

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

Security guards could do it. They have them in some supermarkets on the continent + many pubs and clubs have door staff who have to deal with people who are often rowdy and under the influence for issues relating to dress codes etc. I wouldn't have thought the cost was prohibitive for supermarkets and would help protect the staff from some of the stress.

7 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

This video really highlights the flip flopping from those making the rules on masks. I’m not posting it as pro or anti mask but just highlighting the mixed messages

Sorry if this sounds patronising, but you do understand that if you edit things carefully you can change the meaning don't you?

20 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Under UK sovereignty, and therefore law. If passports are not made mandatory by law, then the club could be accused of discrimination. So all hinges on what the government do, and the definition of mass gathering events.

Can't see it.  A simple sign, as above pub doors.... the management reserves the right to refuse admission etc. If it was in the  grounds of ethnicity  etc.then there's an issue but those grounds would still need proving. Can't see a court in the land not backing an institution  that makes a decision based on the welfare of the majority of its clients/ students/ fans/ members. 

If you wanna be different  to the 'herd' no problem, just don't expect ro go where the herd goes.

Edited by wcorkcanary

58 minutes ago, Lord Horn (again) said:

I am totally with the majority on this thread and see that the originator of the thread has opted out of any further response.  I would, however, be interested in clarification of his reasons behind the refusal of 'pharmaceutical intervention' ?  Does that mean that he does not have any desire to  be protected by any vaccine?  Did he have the polio. tetanus or BCG jabs when he was younger?  If he has children of his own, does he prevent them having MMR jabs? What exactly has he got against the vaccination process which has (factually accurate) saved millions of lives and increased the lifespan of the human race over the past 200 years?

Dear Lord

I havent opted out of further response, i have a job and cant spend 24 hours on here. There comes a time when your interest levels on a topic come to and end.

I have come out of retirement just for you however.

Clarification of my reasons for refusal of the vaccine and other pharmaceuticals are as follows. And before you read, I am more than entitled, as a free living human on earth, to hold these views, just like your free to take every vaccine and drug the Govt and Big Pharma tell you that you need.

1. I have already had Covid, and in my opinion given the fact there is not enough data worldwide to confirm re-infection is possible, I am under very litte risk of getting Covid again. 

2. Covid 19 is a virus that 99.7% WILL NOT DIE FROM. FACT. I do not live my life worrying about things that pose a 0.03% risk to my life, and take vaccines to ward against. If you want to, go right ahead.

3. I do not believe in pharmaceutical intervention. I do not and never have taken any prescription medication. This may be the norm for some people, and for some a daily regimen of 19 different drugs to keep them 'healthy' may be there thing. It is not mine and never will be.

4. No, I have never had a Polio, Tetanus or BCG jab, whatever that is. 

5. I do not have children. Some may say this is a good thing.

6. My opinions on vaccines and pharmaceutical drugs are my own, which I am perfectly entitled to. Others may be Big Pharma worshippers and take every drug and vaccine going. That is their choice and none of my business. Just like its my choice to not believe that pharma drugs are the only answer. And my choice to not partake in a vaccine I do not need.

7. I dont make a habit of taking pharmaceutical drugs that have zero long term side effects data.

8. And finally, given the fact that there is a multitude of information out there surrounding Covid, ranging from liars Boris and Hancock to imbeciles like Neil Ferguson and Dr Hilary. I will not blindly listen to and follow like a robot everything a corrupt set of politicians tell me. I have researched lots of info from both sides of the fence and my gut feeling right from the beginning is that I just dont trust anyone involved and what is being said. There is no denying the Media and Govt have repeatedly lied to the public regarding Covid. The reasons behind it are not clear and time may tell. Great reset? possibly. Chips in the vaccines to track everyone? probably not. An incoming Chinese style Social Credit system and cashless society allowing the UK Govt to control people? maybe. All I know is I have not liked anything I have heard from the Govts around the world, the WHO, CDC and Big Pharma from day one. Just look at the latest word from the UN stating that Climate Change is responsible for Covid 19. Nigel Farage talked about it on GB News/YouTube yesterday. Utter madness. 

Anyone who thinks there isnt something strange happening in the world right now frankly, is asleep.

My opinion is that I do not need the Covid Vaccine. I trust my own immune system. I got Covid, like a lot of people. And just like every other cold or virus before it, my body dealt with it. If vulnerable or elderly people want the vaccine then they have that choice. If people dont trust there own immune system then get the vaccine. Thats your choice. 

You dont need me to get the vaccine to protect you. If the vaccine works, get it, and youll be fine. Apparently. Lets of course ignore the myriad of deaths and adverse reactions post vax, because every single on of them is of course, a coincidence. If you die after the vaccine within 28 days, its coincidence. If you die after 28 days of being Covid positive, from a dodgy PCR test thats at best 50% accurate, its Covid. 

This is not the Black Plague. It is a virus that kills 0.03%. 

6 minutes ago, Badger said:

Sorry if this sounds patronising, but you do understand that if you edit things carefully you can change the meaning don't you?

That’s true but it’s still the same person saying both sides of it  and yes I’d agree the editing has been done to push that. I just think it shows that the issue of masks isn’t that clear cut

Edited by Virtual reality

18 minutes ago, Badger said:

I think that this is now called virtue signalling and makes you woke! (Both of which are good in my eyes.)

I think the rules are Badgero, that you are not allowed to say how virtuous you are , just point out where  everyone else  is going wrong. 🤔😀😇😉

46 minutes ago, g00se said:

Just googled the author:

Jim Meehan, MD

"a far-right fringe conspiracy that believes a group of Satan-worshipping pedophiles runs a child sex-trafficking ring across the world"

Yeah, what utter madness. Where on earth do they get that from!

00epgates1-jumbo-v3.jpg

Just now, Virtual reality said:

That’s true but it’s still the same person saying both sides of it  and yes I’d agree the editing has been done to push that 

The fact that it is heavily, comes from a clearly biased source and gives no indication to either the time when these things were said and the context in which he was being asked make it highly unreliable.

We all know that the position on masks has evolved since March 2020 and that they are not a panacea but I feel there is enough evidence that they can reduce the spread of the virus and speaking personally, more comfortable in enclosed places when people wear masks.

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

Can't see it.  A simple sign, as above pub doors.... the management reserves the right to refuse admission etc. If it was in the  grounds of ethnicity,  then  etc.there's an issue but those grounds would still need proving. Can't see a court in the land not backing an institution  that makes a decision based on the welfare of the majority of its clients/ students/ fans/ members. 

If you wanna be different  to the 'herd' no problem, just don't expect ro go where the herd goes.

If the government passed a law stipulating that it was illegal to bar the maskless from establishments such as shops, nightclubs etc then that would be another matter, but not even this government would be that stupid.

As it stands there is no overriding basic human or legal right to wilfully risk killing other people by refusing to take precautions against passing on a disease. Which is why the maskless are allowed to risk killing themselves but can be barred from trying to kill others.

10 minutes ago, Matt Morriss said:

Covid 19 is a virus that 99.7% WILL NOT DIE FROM. FACT.

As it is a fact, can you provide a link to a reliable source for this?

9 minutes ago, Matt Morriss said:

"a far-right fringe conspiracy that believes a group of Satan-worshipping pedophiles runs a child sex-trafficking ring across the world"

00epgates1-jumbo-v3.jpg

Have you got the photos of trump with the paedo? 

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

Have you got the photos of trump with the paedo? 

Trump was in the lav  , washing off the Russian hookers pi$$.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Matt Morriss said:

My opinions on vaccines and pharmaceutical drugs are my own, which I am perfectly entitled to.

I completely agree, they are your own. I do not think that I would ever change you mind. All I am saying is that if don't want to get vaccinated that you have to the courage of your convictions and pay the price by not being allowed in certain venues including football matches.

If you believed that the driving test was a Department of Transport hoax to help the Driving Instructor industry, do you think that you should be allowed to still drive without a license. If you think that you drive better after consuming alcohol (and some used to say this) do you think that you should be allowed to drive.

Sometimes we have to live by the norms of society even if we do not believe in them ourselves.

27 minutes ago, Badger said:

Security guards could do it. They have them in some supermarkets on the continent + many pubs and clubs have door staff who have to deal with people who are often rowdy and under the influence for issues relating to dress codes etc. I wouldn't have thought the cost was prohibitive for supermarkets and would help protect the staff from some of the stress.

Yes, security guards could do it but to cover opening hours and days off you will need to employ a minimum of three as the current guards already have their work cut out dealing with shoplifting. That’s another 120 hours a week to be paid, not going to happen unfortunately.

Just to add: 

Covid 19 is a virus that 99.7% WILL NOT DIE FROM. FACT. I do not live my life worrying about things that pose a 0.03%

99.7 + 0.03 = 99.73.

I think you're mixing your memes?

19 minutes ago, Matt Morriss said:

00epgates1-jumbo-v3.jpg

You forgot to add Soros, surely? Qanon 101...

1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

Yes, security guards could do it but to cover opening hours and days off you will need to employ a minimum of three as the current guards already have their work cut out dealing with shoplifting. That’s another 120 hours a week to be paid, not going to happen unfortunately.

I think you're right but I think that the supermarkets could avoid it. (Although there is always a security guard in the mini Tescos on Trafford street - I don't know if this is part of his duties.)

Chelsea announce that either vaccination pass or negative LFT required to attend their home games.

Good for them.

17 minutes ago, Badger said:

The fact that it is heavily, comes from a clearly biased source and gives no indication to either the time when these things were said and the context in which he was being asked make it highly unreliable.

We all know that the position on masks has evolved since March 2020 and that they are not a panacea but I feel there is enough evidence that they can reduce the spread of the virus and speaking personally, more comfortable in enclosed places when people wear masks.

True. Although some of these comments are quite recent as he refers to people who have been vaccinated not having to wear them and then flips on that 

1 minute ago, Badger said:

I think you're right but I think that the supermarkets could avoid it. (Although there is always a security guard in the mini Tescos on Trafford street - I don't know if this is part of his duties.)

To be fair at least 90% of customers currently wear a mask at the moment.