Sign in to follow this  
SwindonCanary

Maddison

1 minute ago, Haus said:

If they couldn't afford Emi, they can't afford him 

They could afford him as they have shown elsewhere - they just thought that we wanted more than he was worth.

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Cheers Geoff

You implying its a pointless post / thread? 

unbelievable Jeff!

I saw that they’re offering money plus players in the deal. That’s bad for us, as we don’t get anything from 15% of a player. Arsenal just don’t have the resources they once did.

2 minutes ago, Haus said:

If they couldn't afford Emi, they can't afford him 

That's a bit of a myth really. They're spending £50m on Ben White, so they could have afforded Buendia, but decided Norwich's asking price was too high and so another club bought him. A little bit like what's happening with ourselves and Ajer: we can afford him, but the price quoted is more than we're prepared to pay.

1 minute ago, Robornio said:

I saw that they’re offering money plus players in the deal. That’s bad for us, as we don’t get anything from 15% of a player. Arsenal just don’t have the resources they once did.

Cant we have a players foot - that would be the best part ? 

• Haha 1

Leicester are currently better a better team than Arsenal, wouldn't make any sense for him

2 hours ago, Badger said:

They could afford him as they have shown elsewhere - they just thought that we wanted more than he was worth.

As we did with Ajer.

I believe Arsenal *did* match Villa's bid for Buendia, but were heavily weighting the payments to later dates where we were insistent on more up front. That and the man himself preferred Villa (and the £20m+ they were willing to pay him).

1 hour ago, AJ said:

Leicester are currently better a better team than Arsenal, wouldn't make any sense for him

Leicester fans growing a bit tired of him, so all parties may consider it time for a change, and if so he may be priced accordingly. 

23 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Leicester fans growing a bit tired of him, so all parties may consider it time for a change, and if so he may be priced accordingly. 

Indeed accordng to the rumours on the grapevine as soon as Arsenal showed interest in him Maddison has gone back to his 'I'm a big guy, massive player better than this club hello ladies whats your number' which is a shame given how much he improved with us and his atttude was better

Arsenal big enough and in need enough to be linked with anyone with two legs and a pulse. Reality is they will waste a shed load on some overpriced muppet due to their name rather than overall ability. Would have preferred EB to have gone there though, wholly more palatable for some reason. 

4 minutes ago, tricky974 said:

Apparently they really want him and are offering cash plus Ainsley Maitland-Niles and Reiss Nelson.

Would genuinely accept this if I was in charge at Leicester. As good as Maddison is, I don't think he's that integral to how good they are overall and how they play, and I think Nelson and Maitland-Niles would flourish at Leicester. 

It's a real shame that his big time charlie attitude has stifled his development. He should have been playing for England in the Euro's this summer, and we would have been a better team with an on form Maddison in it. Surprised that Arsenal want such a player, given their history with the likes of Guendouzi and Lacazette.

5 hours ago, Robornio said:

Surely the people who draft these contracts are competent enough to allow for this possibility snd factor in the value of those players in any sell on clauses? If not then frankly they are not very good at their jobs.