king canary

Streaming next season

17 minutes ago, NewNestCarrow said:

It would be a disaster for Norwich if a club-led PPV deal ever took over from Sky. 

Sky currently pay each PL club £2.6m per week for TV rights, so you would need 130,000 City fans paying a tenner every week to match that.

If only (!) 30,000 City fans paid for PPV then our annual [TV] income would shrink from £100m to less than £12m

Who said club lead? Sky hold the rights like you said.

4 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

I don’t understand your point, all games are shown legitimately somewhere in the world. That’s how they are all streamed illegally.

In the U.K. people lose out on legitimate access to those same games when we could pay £10 a time and it’s been proven many would.

Even without taking any moral high ground, a legitimate stream is far more stable (usually) and should be virus etc free too. Well worth paying for. 

the simple fact people (looking at you Bill) was if people didnt pay the platforms to subscribe to the sport channels there wouldnt be a market / feed to stream. Cannot see that happening though, especially whilst people continue to pay, but moan about the prices they charge.

Edited by Greavsy

26 minutes ago, NewNestCarrow said:

It would be a disaster for Norwich if a club-led PPV deal ever took over from Sky. 

Sky currently pay each PL club £2.6m per week for TV rights, so you would need 130,000 City fans paying a tenner every week to match that.

If only (!) 30,000 City fans paid for PPV then our annual [TV] income would shrink from £100m to less than £12m

You are almost certainly correct, although I feel that the figure would be far in excess of 30, 000.

Also, if the enterprise was to be club owned then you would have to take into account the contribution of opposition fans.

Although, as  most PL games are available live worldwide somewhere some, not all, of the foreign contribution would be depleted and also  many home-based fans would prefer not to pay whatever. 

Edited by BroadstairsR

4 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

I don’t understand your point, all games are shown legitimately somewhere in the world. That’s how they are all streamed illegally.

In the U.K. people lose out on legitimate access to those same games when we could pay £10 a time and it’s been proven many would.

No, that is incorrect. All games are not shown, only PL.

If PL games were shown on say a tenner a game how much revenue would City games generate, and would it not lead to fans only paying for their club games, not the full package

A consequence being the larger clubs wanting a larger slice of the cake, and TV companies seeing a reduction in their income

That is why it has not happened, nor will

2 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Who said club lead? Sky hold the rights like you said.

The Big Clubs are itching for more of the pie.

They have already gained a bigger share of the overseas PL income,  Project Big Picture included club-sold PPV for 2 or 3 games per season, and the ESL is just the next step in getting what they want.

I feel its appropriate to bring this up again - See that Ifollow logo yet @Bill  ? 

Edited by Greavsy

after a couple of pages of reasoned discussion - out pops Shorty still grieving that he was caught out lying some months ago

if some ever wonder where the problems on this forum lie then pay heed

as with the ticket price thread

and even the non football thread

the same embittered trolls with the same agenda

so I shall leave the rest to deal with this embittered weirdo

ta ra 🥰

1 minute ago, Bill said:

after a couple of pages of reasoned discussion - out pops Shorty still grieving that he was caught out lying some months ago

ta ra 🥰

Result! 

• Haha 1

So we need support Sky the if we are to serve our club's best interests.😉😉

I'd hardly recommend it because it compares badly with all other streaming services, but I now pay 20 pounds a month for Now TV (Sports). 

It is slow, not always easily negotiated, buffers a lot sometimes and can produce the occasional cloudy picture but I embarked on it via a special deal. Now the deal is finished I pay the full 20.

This last  week I have watched the Open golf, the Silverstone race and am now enjoying the England v Pakistan ODI. I had intended curtailing it once the deal had finished, but I will likely get a couple of City games a month from August (plus the opportunity to see Brentford and Watford flounder,) plus F1 and abit of golf at least.

Worth it?

Edited by BroadstairsR

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

ta ra 🥰

You really are a fool Billy, but always good for a laugh ( at your expense of course), 

tara

😷

1 minute ago, BroadstairsR said:

I'd hardly recommend it because it compares badly with all other streaming services, but I now pay 20 pounds a month for Now TV (Sports). 

It is slow, not always easily negotiated, buffers a lot sometimes and can produce the occasional cloudy picture but I embarked on it via a special deal. Now the deal is finished I pay the full 20.

This last  week I have watched the Open golf, the Silverstone race and am now enjoying the Englad v Pakistan ODI. I had intended curtailing it once the deal had finished, but I will likely get a couple of City games a month from August (plus the opportunity to see Brentford and Watford flounder,) plus F1 and abit of golf at least.

Worth it?

Isn’t the booster meant to really improve the now tv experience?

1 minute ago, Van wink said:

You really are a fool Billy, but always good for a laugh ( at your expense of course), 

tara

😷

What a shaker he is Winky! 

1 minute ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Isn’t the booster meant to really improve the now tv experience?

I don't know of that ??

Its not that bad, just compares badly with other services.

3 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

This last  week I have watched the Open golf, the Silverstone race and am now enjoying the Englad v Pakistan ODI. I had intended curtailing it once the deal had finished, but I will likely get a couple of City games a month from August (plus the opportunity to see Brentford and Watford flounder,) plus F1 and abit of golf at least.

Worth it?

Cancel your deal asap, they 'll offer you at least 40% off to come back.

2 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Cancel your deal asap, they 'll offer you at least 40% off to come back.

May be, its usually the case. TalkTalk dropped eight pounds a month when I threatened desertion. 

1 minute ago, BroadstairsR said:

May be, its usually the case. TalkTalk dropped eight pounds a month when I threatened desertion. 

Money Talk Talks.

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

Money Talk Talks.

As you know Corkie, I'm loaded. I drive an Alfa Romeo after all😉

12 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

I don't know of that ??

Its not that bad, just compares badly with other services.

I think it’s a couple of quid extra a month, best having a look on the website. Mate at work was telling me it’s much better with it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Whats your going rate for desertion Broady? 

3 hours ago, WSM said:

This is true, when Match of the Day started (and only showed one match!) they wouldn't say which they were going to as to prevent a downturn in demand for tickets

I can clearly remember in the seventies turning up to Carrow Road (parked behind the old South Stand I think) and the excitement of seeing the TV trucks and realising you were going to be on the tele that night or the next afternoon on Anglia.

Just now, BroadstairsR said:

I don't do cheap.

I wouldn't expect you to say anything otherwise. 

3 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Until the 3pm blackout rules are changed permanently there will be no streaming of all games in the UK. 

While the Premier League can sell domestic rights for such a large price they will not feel the need to remove the blackout - the relative scarcity of games drives the prices up.

There is also the issue that should all games be streamable, that individual clubs will look to sell their rights individually - this would obviously generate a huge difference in revenue for a team like Man United compared to a team like Norwich. Liverpool have been pushing for the ability to sell their own rights individually in order to get a larger slice of the pie - opening up streaming is probably like opening pandora's box.

I think Pandora's box is already open a fair way to be honest.

I do think you're right about scarcity and if that is the way they choose to go then I think you'll see increased normalisation of illegal streaming and probably token efforts to stop it but an acceptance that by choosing not to show a solid % of the games you have then you'll drive people into the arms of streamers and VPN's.

What I don't agree with is the idea that streaming more games has to mean clubs negotiating their own rights. A Premier League streaming service is entirely possible looking at what other sports do the world over. The issue would be how willing is a league to actually create and run their own streaming service? It is a lot of hassle and cost upfront but the potential to make money is huge. We're also likely at a point where the 'Big 6' have the weakest negotiating position they've had in ages- they hugely overplayed their hand with the ESL and for the short term at least their biggest bargaining chip is gone. A move to streaming with shared revenue shouldn't be beyond the realms of negotiation.

3 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

That's me! Keep your heads down folks

Are you called Brian?! 

Edited by Greavsy
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

This last  week I have watched the Open golf, the Silverstone race and am now enjoying the England v Pakistan ODI. I had intended curtailing it once the deal had finished, but I will likely get a couple of City games a month from August (plus the opportunity to see Brentford and Watford flounder,) plus F1 and abit of golf at least.

Worth it?

Plus you’re not stuck in a contract, I think the booster is now £3, my sky tv deal is up in October, I’ll be cancelling unless they let me have it for a really low price