Sign in to follow this  
Commonsense

Ticket Office

I note that the ticket office

won’t reopen for in person transactions after successfully operating remotely during the pandemic. I thought that during the pandemic there were no tickets to sell, so how do they know?

• Haha 1

they have sold memberships, away memberships, processed refunds for said purchases etc. 

Every online transaction used to attract a chargeable fee - hope that is stopped if this is the case. 

Edited by Greavsy

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

I assume there was consultation over this @Feedthewolf

I don't recall it being mentioned at our only 'proper' meeting so far, although @Lessingham Canary or @ncfcstar will no doubt be able to correct me if I'm wrong. Obviously that doesn't mean there wasn't consultation with other fans or fan groups, though; it's not like we can be consulted on every operational decision made across the whole club 🙂

36 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I don't recall it being mentioned at our only 'proper' meeting so far, although @Lessingham Canary or @ncfcstar will no doubt be able to correct me if I'm wrong. Obviously that doesn't mean there wasn't consultation with other fans or fan groups, though; it's not like we can be consulted on every operational decision made across the whole club 🙂

It was a little bit tongue in cheek wolfie as i recall indignation being proclaimed by one supporters group over lack of consultation over a couple of previous matters including the infamous membership scheme.

Edited by TIL 1010

33 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

It was a little bit tongue in cheek wolfie as i recall indignation being proclaimed by one supporters group over lack of consultation over a couple of previous matters including the infamous membership scheme.

Ah. Thought I'd better answer the question at face value.

Be a lot more chance getting away tickets online then, without the several being sent to the ticket office to buy tickets for 100 people.

2 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Be a lot more chance getting away tickets online then, without the several being sent to the ticket office to buy tickets for 100 people.

Whether you buy online or for you and friends at the ticket office you can only purchase for the relevant priority group on the day.

Very, very sorry to hear this.

Sometimes the best way to sort out issues is to speak face to face.

This will also make matchdays even more hectic at the ticket office cause many people like myself will want to buy tickets over the counter.

19 minutes ago, kingsway said:

Very, very sorry to hear this.

Sometimes the best way to sort out issues is to speak face to face.

This will also make matchdays even more hectic at the ticket office cause many people like myself will want to buy tickets over the counter.

You can still buy face to face, in store, just at the fanhub rather than the ground. 

Alternatively, the club’s Fan Hub store in Norwich city centre will remain open for in-person ticketing queries and transactions throughout the week and weekends. The Fan Hub opens between 9.30am and 4.30pm (Monday through to Saturday) and 10.30am to 4.30pm (Sunday only).

Edited by Greavsy

I don't see the problem with this for as long as there is still a place to buy face to face (the fanhub) for the handful of fans who may be unable to purchase online for various reasons, e.g. blind, old and no internet access, unable to read or write. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

23 hours ago, Greavsy said:

You can still buy face to face, in store, just at the fanhub rather than the ground. 

Alternatively, the club’s Fan Hub store in Norwich city centre will remain open for in-person ticketing queries and transactions throughout the week and weekends. The Fan Hub opens between 9.30am and 4.30pm (Monday through to Saturday) and 10.30am to 4.30pm (Sunday only).

The hub isn't convenient for some  who live out of the City though, it means parking and car park costs. I think it's a real shame tbh, used to love popping in the ticket office to get away tickets and cup tickets because they always used to be kind & find me tickets near the front as I'm little and can't see near the back

• Like 1

Well I hope there will be some form of customer service facility on matchdays should there be a problem with validating access. I had a random issue with my ST once whereby I couldn't get in, leading to a sprint to the ticket office just before kickoff to get it sorted by Danny Casey.

2 hours ago, Diane said:

The hub isn't convenient for some  who live out of the City though, it means parking and car park costs. I think it's a real shame tbh, used to love popping in the ticket office to get away tickets and cup tickets because they always used to be kind & find me tickets near the front as I'm little and can't see near the back

Totally agree its not the best - certainly for parking and the like (although there are a few free spaces about if you know where to look)

Plus it wasnt me who made the decision Diane!  😉 please don't shoot the messenger! 

Edited by Greavsy

47 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Well I hope there will be some form of customer service facility on matchdays should there be a problem with validating access. I had a random issue with my ST once whereby I couldn't get in, leading to a sprint to the ticket office just before kickoff to get it sorted by Danny Casey.

Yes - the link says there will be a match day service there. 

I too have experienced issues, but found them to be very helpful, Danny particularly. 

Trying to second guess the Club’s thinking behind this decision is always difficult, but, I presume, they probably see it primarily as a staff resourcing issue. Does that in itself require consultation? Probably not in normal circumstances.

However, there’s other factors in play here, not least how it impacts on fans and this is probably where their messaging probably could have been better?

As has already been mentioned, fans have managed to deal with the situation online during the pandemic because they’ve had no other option and there’s also been so few tickets sold during the same period.

I suppose the real question is what proportion of tickets were sold online / ticket office / fan hub prior to the current pandemic? Without knowing those numbers, it’s difficult to pass judgment on whether their decision is logical or not.