Sign in to follow this  
alex_ncfc

Some nostalgia for you

Can you imagine if these types of player, manager and chairman interviews were commonplace in this day and age, getting to hear Farke's reaction as he loses his best player, stood right next to him, for a club record sale before the chairman discusses his contract on camera.

• Thanks 2

Back in my day we had to walk 50 miles to school backwards in snow blizzards, and if we were just a second late the teacher would beat us until we woke up in the hospital in a coma.. the good old days I tell you, life was just much better then, everything nowdays is so wrong..

Never seen that before ! 
Amazing . Was absolutely gutted as a 15 year old . 
I must have missed Bondy’s stint on the board though ? Or all the money coming back into the Club? 
(Other than the Reeves Stand of course )

Reeves looks so young there ? 

Great clip . Thanks 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Back in my day we had to walk 50 miles to school backwards in snow blizzards, and if we were just a second late the teacher would beat us until we woke up in the hospital in a coma.. the good old days I tell you, life was just much better then, everything nowdays is so wrong..

Is that even possible?

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Fuzzar said:

Is that even possible?

Back in the day it was. Comas ain't as good as they used to be. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Herman said:

Back in the day it was. Comas ain't as good as they used to be. 

Gotta give 'em credit for spelling it correctly nowadays. I was half-expecting to see "comma".

• Haha 2

Ah the financier of the River End .... Chase of course got his comeuppance selling all our best players.

Remember being at a fund raiser with Harry Redknapp and he asked about Keith O'Neill, it was transfer deadline day, said he had been offer him for £750,000 (Chase rang him) but he didn't have the money. Chase was in the local press saying he didn't have to or want to sell any of the up and coming stars! 

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Ah know ... and try tellin' that to the young people of today and they won't believe you

(You have to be a certain age 😃)

1 hour ago, Badger said:

Ah know ... and try tellin' that to the young people of today and they won't believe you

(You have to be a certain age 😃)

Right. I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us and dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah...

• Haha 1

Just now, Drazen Muzinic said:

Right. I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us and dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah...

Were you in the cardboard box next door to us??

43 minutes ago, SteveN8458 said:

Were you in the cardboard box next door to us??

Cardboard box? EEE, you posh get, we were lucky to have a pothole in the middle of t'road

20 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

Cardboard box? EEE, you posh get, we were lucky to have a pothole in the middle of t'road

We needed somewhere for the Norwegian Blue !!

Edited by SteveN8458

40 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Did John Bond take the offer to join the board of directors? 

No, I think I recall an interview someone did with Bond some years back when he said he regretted leaving Norwich (the DVD the clip is from suggests he left only a few months after the sale of Kevin Reeves) because he had basically been promised a job for life.