FatCanary

Buendia to Arsenal for reported £40m

14 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Twitter heresay is suggesting Villa are on talks with Emi, which suggests a fee has been agreed?

'Twitter heresay'

AKA Villa fans getting way too big for their boots as is the norm. Once again- Villa are the Ipswich of the Prem. Huge club, you know. Household name, every player knows about them all across the world and are begging to join them don't you know

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

'Twitter heresay'

AKA Villa fans getting way too big for their boots as is the norm. Once again- Villa are the Ipswich of the Prem. Huge club, you know. Household name, every player knows about them all across the world and are begging to join them don't you know

Nursey at the Mirror says it is pretty much done deal. More than a few Villa fans.

Edited by Bethnal Yellow and Green

Villa pay more in wages then Norwich, will always be that way unless Delia sells. Local and national media will tell you Delia shouldn't sell because of her political views. Its something you have to accept as a Norwich fan, accepting mediocrity. 

Emi to Villa would just make me want to vomit. I’d enjoy watching him play for Arsenal a little more at least.

Still hoping he’ll play for Argentina before we officially accept any bids. Then he has a blinder and Atletico swoop in and offer us silly money… or better still he has a mare and no one wants him 😉 

4 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Nursey at the Mirror says it is pretty much done deal. More than a few Villa fans.

If he takes Emi pray to god they get relegated. Scum club.

Obviosuly hope it wont affact Emi too much, but would rather see him playing in the top six  where a player like him belongs than scraping survival via 1 point due to dodgy goal tech..

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

This is the price we pay for the owners’ intransigence and lack of ambition for the club.

Villa should be rivals. We were better than them three seasons ago. They gave us a guard of honour onto the pitch as champions and now are taking our best player for £40m. Yet no doubt many of our idiot fans will continue laughing at silly old Villa spending all that money.

found new owners twice in a year by the way by genuinely looking for them 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

This is the price we pay for the owners’ intransigence and lack of ambition for the club.

Villa should be rivals. We were better than them three seasons ago. They gave us a guard of honour onto the pitch as champions and now are taking our best player for £40m. Yet no doubt many of our idiot fans will continue laughing at silly old Villa spending all that money.

found new owners twice in a year by the way by genuinely looking for them 

'lack of ambition'

again.png

I hope someone makes a count of how many times this get's said on here this season.. Might start loosing track though

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 1

I'd rather we sold him to Arsenal at a bit less than Aston Effing Villa. What is Webber thinking.

Can you imagine their odious fans and that clogger Mings down here next season.

8 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

'lack of ambition'

again.png

I hope someone makes a count of how many times this get's said on here this season.. Might start loosing track though

Perhaps it gets said a lot because it’s true 

27 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Buendia to Villa would be worth it for the sight of several posters here spontaneously combusting.

Justifiably.

As I just said in one of the other dozen Buendia threads, is Villa really a big enough club to justify selling him? Fair enough if Arsenal or Atletico offer the £40m, but Villa is only a small step up right now.

If Arsenal or Atletico offered £40m and we turned it down, I could understand Buendia being unhappy and forcing a move. Those are both big clubs and he'd go with my best wishes and full support.

But if we rejected £40m from Villa and Buendia threw a tantrum, I'd be very disappointed as I genuinely feel he'd be better off waiting another year for a bigger club. Villa are a bigger club than us, but I'd like to think he's sensible enough to accept our decision and wait for someone better.

• Like 1

If we sell to Villa, Arsenal or whoever, it really boils down to whether you all trust that Webber has a plan and is acting in the Club's best interests overall

Given the hysteria from some on here I guess we know the answer. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Justifiably.

As I just said in one of the other dozen Buendia threads, is Villa really a big enough club to justify selling him? Fair enough if Arsenal or Atletico offer the £40m, but Villa is only a small step up right now.

If Arsenal or Atletico offered £40m and we turned it down, I could understand Buendia being unhappy and forcing a move. Those are both big clubs and he'd go with my best wishes and full support.

But if we rejected £40m from Villa and Buendia threw a tantrum, I'd be very disappointed as I genuinely feel he'd be better off waiting another year for a bigger club. Villa are a bigger club than us, but I'd like to think he's sensible enough to accept our decision and wait for someone better.

We thought the same about about Lambert

3 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Justifiably.

Aston Villa are massive in comparison to Norwich in terms of ambition and history.

Just now, Ultralk26 said:

Aston Villa are massive in comparison to Norwich in terms of ambition and history.

Binner. 

1 minute ago, Fuzzar said:

If we sell to Villa, Arsenal or whoever, it really boils down to whether you all trust that Webber has a plan and is acting in the Club's best interests overall

Given the hysteria from some on here I guess we know the answer. 

He’s doing what he feels he needs to do with the constraints he has to work under. It’s not Webber I blame although I still don’t think we should be selling to a rival like Villa regardless do I would question his judgment if he signs that off. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

I still do not think £40m is worth it. Genuinely. We are significantly reducing our chances of avoiding relegation with this sale. But then I don’t believe our club is genuinely determined to stay in the premier league. If it happens it’s a bonus but they regard it as more important to bank some cash to keep us going for a few more years without the need for new investors. 

If it was all about what you say it is then the amount of money involved by keeping us in the prem is more likely to avoid the need for new investors.

1 minute ago, Ultralk26 said:

literally every post you have ever made on here has been negative and anti Norwich

4087.jpg?width=1200&height=1200&quality=

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

literally every post you have ever made on here has been negative and anti Norwich

4087.jpg?width=1200&height=1200&quality=

Being a realist is hard but someone has to use critical thinking.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ultralk26 said:

truth hurts.

I'm sorry I upset you. 

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Justifiably.

Gutted that he is seemingly off to Villa unless Arsenal have a sudden change of heart - or another club has been lurking ready to gazump any deal.

It seems pretty clear that Emi's agent has been trying to find him a new club for at least a year and all that has happened is Valencia and Atletico had looks but seemingly were scared off by the price and Arsenal have strongly considered it, but also have not bid (probably due to price again). I can see why after a solid year of trying to find a club and no one apart from Villa putting their money where their mouth is that Emi may be prepared to move to a club that isn't top tier, but will still triple his wages and will almost certainly be clear of relegation fights in the forthcoming season.

Emi can only go where there is interest and for all his talents, it seems no one, apart from Villa is circa £40m interested in him. Would this improve with another season at Norwich - possibly yes, but then there is probably as strong a possibility that there is even less interest in him if Norwich scrap against relegation and he has an average season.

In a non-Covid world I'd have expected more clubs prepared to meet Norwich's demands and take a risk (although a relatively slim one) on Emi. Although a non-Covid world would have probably seen him go for £30m after relegation. 

I'm disappointed it isn't a bigger club, as Emi is likely to get stuck at Villa now and never make that step onto a true top tier club, but I can understand why he has taken that route. I can also understand why Norwich have accepted a bid if it meets their valuation, as I'm pretty sure Emi will be keen to leave Norwich this summer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, The Great Mass Debater said:

If he wants Arsenal, fair enough. Can live with that, but Villa would definitely have been irritating.