Sign in to follow this  
Mullet

I love our squad of players

35 minutes ago, king canary said:

West Ham saw it so well they paid £8.5m for him.

QPR saw it so well they tried to sign him this summer but got beaten by us.

I don't think Hugill is all that great but you don't half talk some rot. 

This

18 hours ago, Mullet said:

I'm really sorry I have mentioned this too many times already but Mr H depresses me.

This has been an incredible season considering where we had to pick ourselves up from. DF and his players have done an incredible job "BUT JH" is not an NCFC player in the championship let alone the premiership. He is warming a seat that someone else needs to be given.

I don't like targeting a player but against Preston he came on when Pukki was rightly knackered and all he had to do was hold the ball up and play for time and he couldn't even do that.

JH isn't a goal threat at this level anymore he has proven that and he can't even hold the ball to help us see a game out for 10 minutes. 

You needed to step up or step aside Mr H, you are the weakest link goodbye

Going by your user name, I’m not sure you’re the best judge of what strength up top means, but I will definitely listen to you regarding playing it long from the back

• Haha 1

Hugill was only ever going to be back-up to Pukki, and maybe a plan B if we needed to throw the kitchen sink at the end of a match, or wind the clock down. I'd still say he's a monumental upgrade from Drmic, as he can actually play football. For that, bringing Pukki off when winning and letting him harass their back 4 is exactly what he's been asked to do. Yes he hasn't set the world alight with goalscoring, but he's also been very limited for game time due to Pukki's form, and unfortunately injuries. He probably won't be good enough for the Prem, but he's been more than good enough for what he's been asked to do to run the clock down at the end of games. I'm sure Hugill won't be pleased with that role, but for the good of the team he's doing what he's been asked to do

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

This is getting ridiculous now. Are you really suggesting that this is the role Webber and Farke bought him for? As has been stated ad nauseum, he was bought to provide the focal point for an entirely different plan B strategy; that we haven't needed to employ that strategy is the result of the overwhelming success of Plan A. Are you actually claiming that Farke was wrong to have prepared for a very different plan B, and buying a player appropriate for that plan? 

Absolutely we will need another like-for-like striker who can compete with/replace Pukki as a part of our plan A strategy, but I would be very surprised if Farke decides we will not need to retain Hugill for plan B.

The idea that Hugill was responsible for the late goal conceded against Preston is without any foundation whatsoever. And I note you make no mention of the goal scored in the last minutes against Birmingham when Hugill made an excellent clearance header in our own penalty box then bombed forward to be available to score at the other end (Rupp passed to Skipp instead but could easily have passed left for Hugill to score).  That's what he achieved against Birmingham.

Agreed Horsefly, I can never take it seriously when someone criticising a player cannot accept any rational counter balance back.

Not only has Jordan Hugill scored some very decisive goals for us this season, it’s very likely that his physical and committed style of play has ensured that some of those tight 1 goal leads indeed remained that way for the last 10 mins or so of those matches he’s featured in, which I have no doubt is always part of Farke’s plan.

It’s great to have a plan B, and in other cases Jordan will be a very good plan A. I’m thinking against your Burnley’s, West Ham’s, and other physical sides where we need muscle in the box that we simply did not have last time around.

I don’t see Mullet complaining about Teemu’s lack of headers. And before the predictable response about it doesn’t matter because Teemu scores goals, well bad news, so does Jordan so... 👍

7 hours ago, king canary said:

West Ham saw it so well they paid £8.5m for him.

QPR saw it so well they tried to sign him this summer but got beaten by us.

I don't think Hugill is all that great but you don't half talk some rot. 

How many minutes did he play for West Ham before they off loaded him?

Just because QPR wanted him doesn't make him good enough for us

My opinion is I don't rate Hugill, so you agree with me. Farke obviously doesn't rate him either because he uses him at 85+ minutes to waste a bit of time.

9 hours ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Meanwhile, on  the players Whatsapp group there is a message going round; 'I love our fans, but for one'............. 

Started by JH

2 minutes ago, Mullet said:

How many minutes did he play for West Ham before they off loaded him?

Just because QPR wanted him doesn't make him good enough for us

My opinion is I don't rate Hugill, so you agree with me. Farke obviously doesn't rate him either because he uses him at 85+ minutes to waste a bit of time.

Now you've done it! I've got that bl**dy Frozen song on repeat in my head.

12 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Now you've done it! I've got that bl**dy Frozen song on repeat in my head.

I would love to build a snow man with you but you're 3 months too late

7 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

Going by your user name, I’m not sure you’re the best judge of what strength up top means, but I will definitely listen to you regarding playing it long from the back

images-4.jpeg.a70736b567f2206f2df971b9ea81c48a.jpeg 

Edited by Mullet

15 minutes ago, Mullet said:

I would love to build a snow man with you but you're 3 months too late

look out of the window, it's still on.

Hugill said that when he signed for us he knew he would be behind Pukki. Why do most of the subs not get rated? Because they usually come in inside the last 15 minutes and so don’t have the time to get involved in much action. Considering the time Hugill usually comes on I would say he gets a maximum of 10mins + stoppage time, and for a striker who gets that much game time I reckon he would have to score a late equaliser or winner for him to get a rating 

6 minutes ago, horsefly said:

look out of the window, it's still on.

Oh you know how to spoil a girl, how about a shower maybe Bobby is still there if you don't mind sharing

7 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

Agreed Horsefly, I can never take it seriously when someone criticising a player cannot accept any rational counter balance back.

Not only has Jordan Hugill scored some very decisive goals for us this season, it’s very likely that his physical and committed style of play has ensured that some of those tight 1 goal leads indeed remained that way for the last 10 mins or so of those matches he’s featured in, which I have no doubt is always part of Farke’s plan.

It’s great to have a plan B, and in other cases Jordan will be a very good plan A. I’m thinking against your Burnley’s, West Ham’s, and other physical sides where we need muscle in the box that we simply did not have last time around.

I don’t see Mullet complaining about Teemu’s lack of headers. And before the predictable response about it doesn’t matter because Teemu scores goals, well bad news, so does Jordan so... 👍

You are an imposter, the real Alex Moss would have said Deluded, Schizophrenic Ignoramus.

This is way too polite

12 minutes ago, Mullet said:

You are an imposter, the real Alex Moss would have said Deluded, Schizophrenic Ignoramus.

This is way too polite

Sorry Mullet, I’ll try and be far more offensive next time pal 😉

6 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Sorry Mullet, I’ll try and be far more offensive next time pal 😉

I'll look forward to that Alex

Hugill  to come on in the 89th minute tonight and score a worldy 

2 hours ago, Mullet said:

I'll look forward to that Alex

Hugill  to come on in the 89th minute tonight and score a worldy 

Out by 10 minutes!

8 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

A goal after being on for 2 minutes. 

Nuff said.

Clearly loved by the players and would probably be happy to be our plan B 3rd choice for the most part striker next season.

And when he's played proper minutes for us he's generally scored and played well.

The OP was having a mare long before his goal tonight but its been somewhat emphasised now.

5 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Clearly loved by the players and would probably be happy to be our plan B 3rd choice for the most part striker next season.

And when he's played proper minutes for us he's generally scored and played well.

The OP was having a mare long before his goal tonight but its been somewhat emphasised now.

Yep

16 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Still time for a hatrick...

17 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

A goal after being on for 2 minutes. 

Nuff said.

:classic_blush:

2 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

One goal every 138 minutes now. As a comparison, Pukki is one every 122 and Toney is one in 114.

I'm not sure where Hugill's goals-per-minute ranks him amongst strikers in the division, but I reckon he must be quite high.

Would be very surprised if he's outside the top 10.

1 hour ago, Mullet said:

I know JH reads the forum I like to keep him focused

That’s right mate, style it out 😜.

Loved it at halftime when Hugill (and only Hugill) came out onto the pitch and was patting each player on the back. He's great for this squad. The Sky commentators mentioned his team-spirit before he came on too.