Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

England vs Poland (reserves)

22 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Firstly, you know **** all about my history. You know **** all about British kids wearing Yellow stars to school because they knew my grandad was in a concentration camp (He wasn't even Jewish but the intent was there). Making sure I knew I wasn't "one of them" because of my heritage etc etc. So I will always wear my Polish identity with pride, and I will always remember that it's petty, small-minded ****** like you that pushed me that way.

Not sure what you're going for other than making yourself look a ****, but enjoy it.

I'm out, nothing more to say on here.

No, you started the thread with....

As a Polish supporter I'm dreading this one.😆

Please expect Sh!t - I’m not a Polish Supporter. 

Justified

2 minutes ago, Foxy2600 said:

No, you started the thread with....

As a Polish supporter I'm dreading this one.😆

Please expect Sh!t - I’m not a Polish Supporter. 

Justified

We beat Poland 2-1. No help from a referee or VAR- we beat Poland 

You support Poland apparently and you lost. I feel no pain for you than if Norwich had just beaten Ip****e. 

I can see the media circus getting ready to proclaim a new Golden Generation of England players. I can also see quarter-final mediocrity at best in there...

I just couldn't care less and it's so annoying that proper football got interrupted for this rubbish. If Placheta started tonight I'd be supporting Poland. I support Norwich and Norwich only, I live in Norfolk and have no affinity with anywhere else in England. I don't understand why so many people care about a bunch of Man Utd, Spurs, Leicester, Leeds and Burnley players playing under a rubbish manager who tries to play a style similar to Farke-ball but doesn't fundamentally understand it against teams that by all rights England should be smashing 4 or 5 nil every game based on how much they get paid compared to their opposition. 

Personally i can't stand the sight of bell-ends like Maguire celebrating a goal. Roll on Friday. 

• Like 7

For the record Foxy, I can see you're still posting but if they're aimed at me, you're wasting your time as I'm not reading them. I dont have any interest in engaging with an immature, dim **** like you so you were ignored about an hour back and I won't be bothering to click to see what you've said. 

If they weren't aimed at me then fair enough, the above still stands.

48 minutes ago, Foxy2600 said:

We beat Poland 2-1. No help from a referee or VAR- we beat Poland 

You support Poland apparently and you lost. I feel no pain for you than if Norwich had just beaten Ip****e. 

Are you a Fast Show or Little Britain  character?

Edited by wcorkcanary

27 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

I just couldn't care less and it's so annoying that proper football got interrupted for this rubbish. If Placheta started tonight I'd be supporting Poland. I support Norwich and Norwich only, I live in Norfolk and have no affinity with anywhere else in England. I don't understand why so many people care about a bunch of Man Utd, Spurs, Leicester, Leeds and Burnley players playing under a rubbish manager who tries to play a style similar to Farke-ball but doesn't fundamentally understand it against teams that by all rights England should be smashing 4 or 5 nil every game based on how much they get paid compared to their opposition.

Personally i can't stand the sight of bell-ends like Maguire celebrating a goal. Roll on Friday.

Got to say I agree with all that. Even without Placheta, I quite wanted Poland to do well.  I likewise have no affinity with the players in the team, the manager or the whole set up of the England set up. My interest is Finland, Poland, Cuba, even Scotland - maybe England might get a look in if Madison plays, or if Aarons/Godfrey etc get in the team, but I suspect there will not be many more coming in for a year or two yet. This has been a dry two weeks, with a casual interest in our players playing, mainly to hear about them doing well and not get injured. 

• Like 2

Sorry but I would always want England to beat Scotland, or any other country for that matter, even if they had 10 Norwich players playing for them. My only concern with our players representing their nations is that they don't get injured.

22 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Sorry but I would always want England to beat Scotland, or any other country for that matter, even if they had 10 Norwich players playing for them. My only concern with our players representing their nations is that they don't get injured.

Yeah, I'm the same. I find the qualifier matches tiresome, but I'll never understand not supporting your national team. I don't really understand supporting the nations of teams that players for your club play for either. Bit weird.

Sometimes England matches aren't the most exciting but Norwich have served up their fair share of dross over the years. I didn't stop supporting Norwich when they were sh*t, so why would I stop supporting England?

And, actually, England are now a pretty good side. Easily one of the top international teams. I don't always agree with what Southgate does but it could be a lot worse.

26 minutes ago, GJP said:

Sometimes England matches aren't the most exciting but Norwich have served up their fair share of dross over the years. I didn't stop supporting Norwich when they were sh*t, so why would I stop supporting England?

And, actually, England are now a pretty good side. Easily one of the top international teams. I don't always agree with what Southgate does but it could be a lot worse.

They're a decent side that realistically are probably quarter-final candidates in a World Cup. Could be dark horses if the draw fell kindly / bit of luck with star players on opposition teams getting injured, like in Russia when they faced a Colombia side shorn of their best player in James Rodriguez.

And let's face it, their group in Russia was dross apart from Belgium. I'd reckon most of UEFA would beat that Panama side, down to about the likes of Luxembourg and the Faroe Islands.

36 minutes ago, GJP said:

We have the age old international problem that we're massively overstocked in certain areas (full backs, attacking midfielders) and under stocked in other key areas (I don't really trust either of our keepers and our defensive midfielder options are limited). So it is up to Southgate to make the most of what he has. I think his current system seems sensible and much more productive than a back three. However fans will always want him to find a way to play Foden, Sterling, Maddison and Grealish all at the same time and moan he's being too conservative if he doesn't.

On 31/03/2021 at 22:36, Ken Hairy said:

How was it a dodgy penalty??? Absolutely stonewall 🙄

Watch it again very carefully. Sterling hung out his right leg to ensure contact. He's very good at it indeed, especially when he knows there is no VAR.

• Like 1

On 31/03/2021 at 23:56, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Personally i can't stand the sight of bell-ends like Maguire celebrating a goal.

He certainly is a weapons grade "Bell-End" CS, well said!

2 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Watch it again very carefully. Sterling hung out his right leg to ensure contact. He's very good at it indeed, especially when he knows there is no VAR.

And contact was made, clever or not its a stonewall penalty. 

Anyhow I think this has been debated to death now.