Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

England vs Poland (reserves)

Sterling dive was embarrassing. England excellent first half, **** second. Gut punch to lose to a cheap set piece goal like that though given the penalty. Pleased with Poland given no Lewandowski and the others. Helik and Swiderski should be nowhere near the national team. Not sure England will be troubling any of the better teams based on this display... although Germany struggling against North Macedonia so who knows 🤣

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Harry Kane superb finisher but plays like someone in his early thirties.

Great minds - watching him I feel the sorcery of Lee Chapman. 😃

2 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Sterling dive was embarrassing. England excellent first half, **** second. Gut punch to lose to a cheap set piece goal like that though given the penalty. Pleased with Poland given no Lewandowski and the others. Helik and Swiderski should be nowhere near the national team. Not sure England will be troubling any of the better teams based on this display... although Germany struggling against North Macedonia so who knows 🤣

We beat ya!!! In the words of Metallica - Nothing Else Matters. England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 

8 minutes ago, Foxy2600 said:

We beat ya!!! In the words of Metallica - Nothing Else Matters. England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 

🤣🤣🤣🤣 oh dear. 

Vital victory considering in the away fixture we’ll probably be facing Lewandowski. Awful mistake by Stones, though made amends by providing the assist for the winner - similar to what Giannoulis did v Stoke.

Just now, Foxy2600 said:

Oh Dear - What?

Oh dear, trying to gloat when you scraped a win with a dodgy penalty at home to a Poland team without Lewandowski and 2 other starters. It would be nice to have a reasonable discussion about the game without childish nonsense like your above comment, but you do you buddy.

1 minute ago, kick it off said:

Oh dear, trying to gloat when you scraped a win with a dodgy penalty at home to a Poland team without Lewandowski and 2 other starters. It would be nice to have a reasonable discussion about the game without childish nonsense like your above comment, but you do you buddy.

How was it a dodgy penalty??? Absolutely stonewall 🙄

• Like 1

There’s no point in being a ‘Fan’ of any club unless you have a passion to follow them and wallow in their success. So is ‘Oh Dear’ an Exclamation... totally confused - Oh Dear - what ?

12 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

How was it a dodgy penalty??? Absolutely stonewall 🙄

You're not serious? Surely?

Sterling lost control of the ball and ran it out of play, then as it was rolling out dragged his leg across the front of Helik who was a clear yard away from making any contact at all if Sterling hadn't done the splits and then went down like he'd been shot with absolute minimal contact (if any). It was one of the most blatant dives I've ever seen! Pretty much everybody else seems to have seen it - look at the https://twitter.com/search?q=sterling penalty&f=live search results for "Sterling penalty" on twitter.

Top tweet has a replay. "Stonewall" 🤣🤣🤣

That's without even mentioning the blatant handball, which should have been a pen for Poland. Accidental yes, but by letter of the law, it's a pen regardless.

Edited by kick it off

7 minutes ago, Foxy2600 said:

There’s no point in being a ‘Fan’ of any club unless you have a passion to follow them and wallow in their success. So is ‘Oh Dear’ an Exclamation... totally confused - Oh Dear - what ?

By all means be a fan, but do you need to be a **** about winning? Grow up. Particularly when it was anything but convincing.

Edited by kick it off

2 minutes ago, kick it off said:

You're not serious? Surely?

Sterling lost control of the ball and ran it out of play, then as it was rolling out dragged his leg across the front of Helik who was a clear yard away from making any contact at all if Sterling hadn't done the splits and then went down like he'd been shot with absolute minimal contact (if any). It was one of the most blatant dives I've ever seen! Pretty much everybody else seems to have seen it - look at the https://twitter.com/search?q=sterling penalty&f=live search results for "Sterling penalty" on twitter.

Top tweet has a replay. "Stonewall" 🤣🤣🤣

Give your head a wobble, he takes his back leg. Slag off England because against an average Poland side we were lucky to win, but stop spouting nonsense about dodgy pens. 

By all means be a fan, but do you need to be a **** about winning? Grow up. Particularly when it was anything but convincing.

Apparently looking into your history you are not even Polish - so I will compartmentalise you as a Brit making a point, just like Aussies that claim Irish decendency. 

I am going to be a C@nt about winning - it’s in my blood. Jingoistic yes, Patriotic yes. Bovvered - nope ! 

Suck it up wz7ker...

18 minutes ago, kick it off said:

To be fair, Helik catches the back of Sterling's leg and even though it looked an awkward tumble, that's a penalty. Helik took a risk in diving in and caught his man, so can't really complain. 

Also, England were missing a few regular starters as well. Obviously nobody as important as Lewandowski, but Pickford, Henderson and Sancho would probably have all started had they been fit.

England were unconvincing and need to be more ruthless in the tournaments, but they did what they needed to do. Grinding out wins is something England need to do if they're ever actually going win something.

Sterling had lost the ball but was still fouled so a pen - very clumsy by the defender and he can’t really have any complaints.  Never a handball for Poland pen - flicked up off the Polish guy and sod all he could do about it - the day those are given football has gone mad. 

Edited by Branston Pickle

9 minutes ago, Foxy2600 said:

Apparently looking into your history you are not even Polish - so I will compartmentalise you as a Brit making a point, just like Aussies that claim Irish decendency. 

I am going to be a C@nt about winning - it’s in my blood. Jingoistic yes, Patriotic yes. Bovvered - nope ! 

Suck it up wz7ker...

Firstly, you know **** all about my history. You know **** all about British kids wearing Yellow stars to school because they knew my grandad was in a concentration camp (He wasn't even Jewish but the intent was there). Making sure I knew I wasn't "one of them" because of my heritage etc etc. So I will always wear my Polish identity with pride, and I will always remember that it's petty, small-minded ****** like you that pushed me that way.

Not sure what you're going for other than making yourself look a ****, but enjoy it.

I'm out, nothing more to say on here.

Edited by kick it off

8 minutes ago, Foxy2600 said:

Suck it up wz7ker...

Oh look, another f*ckwit

Edited by kirku
  • Like 2

Just seen the replay for the pen and was expecting something really debatable, but that looks quite blatant to me.

5 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Sterling had lost the ball but was still fouled so a pen - very clumsy by the defender and he can’t really have any complaints.  Never a handball for Poland pen - flicked up off the Polish guy and sod all he could do about it - the day those are given football has gone mad. 

Helik is ****, and shouldn't near the national team. He gave the ref a decision to make but if Sterling runs naturally, there's no contact. Sterling stuck his leg across the path of the slide and barely made any contact. It's a dive all day long.

By definition it was a handball for the Polish pen, I'm not saying it being given is good for the game, but ****ing hell, if Sterling got a pen for diving when he'd overrun the ball then a soft one the other way would have been a fair outcome.

It's a dive all day long.

😂😂😂😂😂

Please stop embarrassing yourself 😉

13 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Never a handball for Poland pen - flicked up off the Polish guy and sod all he could do about it - the day those are given football has gone mad. 

image.png.cec241546d206892b2f8fc79efa9146a.png

2 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

😂😂😂😂😂

Please stop embarrassing yourself 😉

Like I said, look at twitter. Every single comment on the penalty says dive, even from the England fans on there. If you can't see it, fair enough, but I'm pretty confident you'd be equally aggrieved if it had gone the other way.

Look at yourselves - we just beat Poland in a footie match. 

I love my country and celebrate a win (nothing else matters) - important for World Cup qualification. 

But... 

3 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Helik is ****, and shouldn't near the national team. He gave the ref a decision to make but if Sterling runs naturally, there's no contact. Sterling stuck his leg across the path of the slide and barely made any contact. It's a dive all day long.

No player 'runs naturally' when they're dribbling a football as they're always looking to play the ball or protect it, which is exactly what Sterling was doing. He put himself between defender and ball so he couldn't be tackled; it meant Helik either had to pull out of the tackle or commit the foul. Helik chose the latter, which really isn't Sterling's fault.

• Like 1

Just now, kick it off said:

Like I said, look at twitter. Every single comment on the penalty says dive, even from the England fans on there. If you can't see it, fair enough, but I'm pretty confident you'd be equally aggrieved if it had gone the other way.

Don't do tw@tter full of absolute clowns. 

I will agree it should have been handball against Maguire though. But nope, Sterling's utterly stonewall and you'd be saying the same up the other end 

Just now, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

No player 'runs naturally' when they're dribbling a football as they're always looking to play the ball or protect it, which is exactly what Sterling was doing. He put himself between defender and ball so he couldn't be tackled; it meant Helik either had to pull out of the tackle or commit the foul. Helik chose the latter, which really isn't Sterling's fault.

How was he meant to stop mid-slide? 🤣🤣

He put himself there because he knew he'd overrun the ball and he was looking for the penalty. You admitted he'd overrun the ball, he can't protect it when he can't get near it.... He was looking for an excuse to dive and did so with the most marginal contact. If you look closely, he literally brushes the back of sterling's knee and Sterling throws himself down. There's no contact on the ankle at all when Sterling is upright.

We can argue this all night so agree to disagree I guess.

5 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

But nope, Sterling's utterly stonewall and you'd be saying the same up the other end 

I'd happily take it but I'd be admitting it was a dive and soft as ****. 🤣

4 minutes ago, kick it off said:

He put himself there because he knew he'd overrun the ball and he was looking for the penalty. You admitted he'd overrun the ball, he can't protect it when he can't get near it.... He was looking for an excuse to dive and did so with the most marginal contact. If you look closely, he literally brushes the back of sterling's knee and Sterling throws himself down. There's no contact on the ankle at all when Sterling is upright.

I didn't admit that Sterling had overrun the ball, but the fact is irrelevant. Sterling intentionally positioned himself between man and ball which is pretty basic stuff to be fair, and as I said before, if the defender is naive and daft enough to slide through his opponent in an attempt to win the ball, making contact on the opponent's leg, then that's a foul.

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Surely the point is not to stop mid slide, but not to make a ridiculous challenge in the first place.

• Like 1