I think this post needs to be pulled!

im now a nervous wreck at the thought of what lies in store post Webber and Farke.

I will miss them both when they’re no longer ours.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, king canary said:

I've been impressed by Kieran Scott- I do wonder if he's groomed to take over from Webber or if Webber would want to take him with him wherever he went.

If the choice is the same post with Webber’s new club, or Norwich sporting director, I would have thought the latter would be his clear preference, it’s a significant step up.

Farke has spoken about his his original intention was to be a sporting director, so he could be an option we would consider.

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Don't know why there is a reason why DF would want to go back to Germany to work.  German coaches seem to want to work over here and see it as the ultimate challenge. If he succeeds in getting us promoted twice and we do well in the PL next time, then his stock will only rise even further - and in a couple or three years, may well be offered something quite spectacular when Giardiola decides he's had enough at Man City.

However, my heart says that he will want to stay with us and create a dynasty to rival the best, with us getting better and better and challenging at the top of the PL with the very best of them. 

I think my heart says the same as your final sentence Lakey and even my head  says why would DF want to move away anywhere else now or in the forseeable future. I dont just look at a manager / head coach  solely on what division / position we finish at end of each season but at the big picture..his relationship with the players, with the club, the clubs relationship with him..many other factors...all put together i rate DF at the top..yes, better than Walker, Lambert,  Saunders...you name it. Cant be over stated how much Daniel loves this club and its fans..and the vast majority of fans have a camaraderie with him to. Of course to he knows each season  is a hard slog...be it in the Prem or Champs and that there is always more work ahead..but thats what he loves and what hes here for.

In these Covid stricken times, never mind what shape the club was in when DF arrived, he has, along with SW of course, just worked wonders in  completely turning the club around in all areas...giving him a new contract  goes without saying, simply put, there is  no one better out there.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

If the choice is the same post with Webber’s new club, or Norwich sporting director, I would have thought the latter would be his clear preference, it’s a significant step up.

Farke has spoken about his his original intention was to be a sporting director, so he could be an option we would consider.

I think the Farke as Sporting Director comment is a bit taken out of context- he suggested he never thought he'd want to be a coach as it was too short term so preferred the SD idea but having become a coach he enjoys and is good at it. He might want to become an SD further down the line but I'd be surprised if he decided to call time on his coaching career at the end of next season. 

Re Kieran Scott- it would maybe depend who Webber joined but it was interesting to see him quoted in a Michael Bailey piece today as being upfront that his ambition is to become an SD- he might seem the most natural internal candidate although Bailey also mentioned Steve Weaver and Neil Adams.

5 minutes ago, king canary said:

I think the Farke as Sporting Director comment is a bit taken out of context- he suggested he never thought he'd want to be a coach as it was too short term so preferred the SD idea but having become a coach he enjoys and is good at it. He might want to become an SD further down the line but I'd be surprised if he decided to call time on his coaching career at the end of next season. 

Re Kieran Scott- it would maybe depend who Webber joined but it was interesting to see him quoted in a Michael Bailey piece today as being upfront that his ambition is to become an SD- he might seem the most natural internal candidate although Bailey also mentioned Steve Weaver and Neil Adams.

The problem with Head Coaches (and traditional Managers) @king canary is that they become lightning rods for all club ailments.

Sporting Directors can ‘live forever’ Head Coaches cannot. 

Thus Farke as Sporting Director (or grander) would be a pre-emptive way to preserve his influence into the future and develop the Club.

Any business should try to be creative to hold on to its key assets. I doubt there is enough of anything to keep Webber when he chooses to go. Farke might be a different story, though some advance vision may be required ( @TIL 1010)

Parma 

18 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Don't know why there is a reason why DF would want to go back to Germany to work

Arent his family still Germany based? If so, theres one very good reason. Cant have been easy for him this last year with teavel restrictions etc.

I think Farke has openly said he wants to go back to Germany at some stage. I would be surprised to see both him and Webber around if we were to fall back down into the Championship again, if indeed we go up

1 hour ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

The problem with Head Coaches (and traditional Managers) @king canary is that they become lightning rods for all club ailments.

Sporting Directors can ‘live forever’ Head Coaches cannot. 

Thus Farke as Sporting Director (or grander) would be a pre-emptive way to preserve his influence into the future and develop the Club.

Any business should try to be creative to hold on to its key assets. I doubt there is enough of anything to keep Webber when he chooses to go. Farke might be a different story, though some advance vision may be required ( @TIL 1010)

Parma 

That all makes sense but it does hugely depend on what Farke wants- he's progressed from being a German 3rd Division Manager to working for one of the biggest clubs in Germany, to being a Premier League manager- does he want to give that progress up for a comfy seat as an SD for us? Or does he want to try his hand as a Head Coach further up the footballing pyramid?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, king canary said:

That all makes sense but it does hugely depend on what Farke wants- he's progressed from being a German 3rd Division Manager to working for one of the biggest clubs in Germany, to being a Premier League manager- does he want to give that progress up for a comfy seat as an SD for us? Or does he want to try his hand as a Head Coach further up the footballing pyramid?

Or does he want to take us up that pyramid.......

Has Farke said he wants to be a SD? I’m sure he’s motivated as a head coach and no doubt will want to prove himself back home soon? I’d be surprised if Farke didn’t sign anew deal offered here, but then wouldn’t think we’ll see him here after next year! I think Neil Adams has certainly done a fantastic job in his role and wouldn’t be shocked if he has the opportunity to take over from Webber.

I think we might need to get used to 2022 as a new era as the pair of them go onto new challenges but I hope we are smart enough to identify this structures success and start to put things in place for the continuous improvement this club has seen under this structure.

Fingers crossed we can get them both to sign a three year extension!

Edited by Indy

6 hours ago, king canary said:

Your post prompted me to go looking for the article. I'd watched the podcast where he'd talked about (linked below), and it sounded like a very deliberate question.

Whilst I'm expecting Farke to leave at the end of 2022, I was surprised that his future was linked with Webber's.

"What does appear highly unlikely however, is that Farke’s career at Norwich continues if Webber leaves. It is another factor to wrap into Webber’s own future."

10 hours ago, Indy said:

Has Farke said he wants to be a SD?

I think originally he was planning to be a sporting director, but in his first role at SV Lippstadt 08 he had to do both the sporting director and head coach roles for a period of time. They won most of their games so the club appointed him as head coach permanently.

I can see Kieran Scott getting a leg up to Sporting Director more than I can Farke moving away from a coach role. For some reason I doubt Farke will be comfortable with him being his boss though.

As mentioned a lot will depend on whether we are relegated get season. I can't see Farke trying for promotion a third time.

55 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I can see Kieran Scott getting a leg up to Sporting Director more than I can Farke moving away from a coach role. For some reason I doubt Farke will be comfortable with him being his boss though.

As mentioned a lot will depend on whether we are relegated get season. I can't see Farke trying for promotion a third time.

And I wonder in part how much will depend on the backing the board give him/Webber. I'm not suggesting they spend like Aston Villa but I think if we have a repeat of last season Farke might think he's reached his ceiling with us.

1 hour ago, king canary said:

And I wonder in part how much will depend on the backing the board give him/Webber. I'm not suggesting they spend like Aston Villa but I think if we have a repeat of last season Farke might think he's reached his ceiling with us.

We won't  have a repeat of last season  ...unless we have no money left, we'll  spend what  is deemed affordable in the grand scheme of things. ...what that figure is , I have no idea, being just a fan and not privy to the  machinations of club finance. 

I will wager though that this conversation  will go on ...and on, as posters try to estimate what they think we can/ should/ will spend. Foe me it's not so much what we spend, but what we spend it on, subtle but massive difference.