Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Once promotion is nailed on don’t you think it would be good to give Farke and co a new contract? They deserve it don’t you think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s been here for quite a long while now and with his family spending the bulk of their time in Germany I don’t think any of us would blame him if he left at the end of his contract and got a job back home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

He’s been here for quite a long while now and with his family spending the bulk of their time in Germany I don’t think any of us would blame him if he left at the end of his contract and got a job back home.

Aaww shoite!! Cant we turn on him, harangue him for leaving after all we've done for him, ungrateful bar steward.  😇

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will wager that we have one more season of Farke (like Webber). Some potentially huge decisions to be taken in the next 12 months I think.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

I will wager that we have one more season of Farke (like Webber). Some potentially huge decisions to be taken in the next 12 months I think.

I feel this is probably the likely outcome as well.

The senarios could be (if we are promoted to the PL), staying on (both) if we do very well, finish top ten, and seeing another plan to move forward (development of team / ground expansion possibly) or leaving as planned if we finish lower down but survive in the PL and showing a incremental increase in their collective efforts for NCFC. Either way the support would be behind the decision I suspect.

If we again are relegated, who knows, but I feel one at least would go.

The biggest dissapointment is not being there for the games, as some of this team will not be here next season and it would have been one hell of a ride for them with the atmsophere during those games this time round. 

Funny old game

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably a lot will hinge on how we do next season.  If we go straight back down again, I can see him calling time on it - he'll have got us promoted twice and has nothing to prove there and would likely prefer a fresh challenge on the next rung up the ladder.

If we can stay up, then maybe there is potential - as the challenge then would be to build on those foundations and try to establish as a permanent fixture in the prem.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need to ensure that Webber and Farke don’t both leave at the same time, that would carry a significant risk. So a new contract - with a week deserved pay rise - even if only to add one year, would be an excellent idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think if we can get an extension out of Farke and Webber so if they do move on we’ll get substantial compensation. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I was Farke I'd be hedging my bets a bit and seeing what kind of backing we get in the transfer market this season. If we give him a fair shot at keeping us up by strengthening the squad then he might be more tempted to stay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will depend on whether a suitable job comes up for him in Germany such as Borussia Dortmund.   The question though is does he want to stick his head above the parapet with the adherent risks or stick to a safe job here where he is revered..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

I will wager that we have one more season of Farke (like Webber). Some potentially huge decisions to be taken in the next 12 months I think.

It is who will be making those decisions that concerns me somewhat.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

It is who will be making those decisions that concerns me somewhat.

What exactly do you mean? Theyre not letting Bilious decide, whats the issue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

What exactly do you mean? Theyre not letting Bilious decide, whats the issue?

It is the ' they ' that i am a tad concerned about. This current board is run and controlled by Webber make no mistake about that and if he leaves what follows might be not half as successful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

It is the ' they ' that i am a tad concerned about. This current board is run and controlled by Webber make no mistake about that and if he leaves what follows might be not half as successful.

So what do you suggest, handcuffing SW to the boardroom table? He has a right to have a say in his own future doesnt he? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, wcorkcanary said:

So what do you suggest, handcuffing SW to the boardroom table? He has a right to have a say in his own future doesnt he? 

That is not what i am saying at all. Yellowrider said big decisions have to be made if he and Farke run out their contracts and leave. I am not confident in those left behind . As i said Webber has had total control on decision making and he will/would be a huge hole to fill.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

That is not what i am saying at all. Yellowrider said big decisions have to be made if he and Farke run out their contracts and leave. I am not confident in those left behind . As i said Webber has had total control on decision making and he will/would be a huge hole to fill.

Well of  course, it was ever thus. Its why we brought him in....to sort out the Club, root and branch, it was also declared early on , that unless sacked by the club, ie he sees out his contract , then he'd have a say in his own replacement. Ive heard no rumour of discontent with his work , so can be fairly sure that if he leaves ,he'll try to find the best person for the job..... which I imagine he will....its his reputation after all. I wouldnt be too concerned, at least until its confirmed he and DF are actually leaving, rather than getting within a year of their current contract ending. If they do, who knows, we may get people in that turn out to be as good or even better....isnt that a more pleasant concern?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

It is who will be making those decisions that concerns me somewhat.

 

56 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

That is not what i am saying at all. Yellowrider said big decisions have to be made if he and Farke run out their contracts and leave. I am not confident in those left behind . As i said Webber has had total control on decision making and he will/would be a huge hole to fill.

Are we sleepwalking back to dormant tendencies @TIL 1010 ?

Who plans when the planners leave?

What criteria, motivations and over-riding objectives do they plan from?

How do you keep the status quo of a methodology that is all about not keeping the status quo?

Who (left) has that mindset or skillset?

Parma 

Edited by Parma Ham's gone mouldy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

It is the ' they ' that i am a tad concerned about. This current board is run and controlled by Webber make no mistake about that and if he leaves what follows might be not half as successful.

The 'they' would be the same people that found Webber though? Surely there is some credit in the bank for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

 

Are we sleepwalking back to dormant tendencies @TIL 1010 ?

Who plans when the planners leave?

What criteria, motivations and over-riding objectives do they plan from?

How do you keep the status quo of a methodology that is all about not keeping the status quo?

Who (left) has that mindset or skillset?

Parma 

I've been impressed by Kieran Scott- I do wonder if he's groomed to take over from Webber or if Webber would want to take him with him wherever he went.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree a new contract should be offered.

however if our next season in the PL, the board don’t give him the transfer funds he needs and deserves, he will be off anyway. Who could blame him. Frankly he performed a miracle on the last promotion, took us up on a shoestring, then the board thought he could keep us up on a shoestring. Can’t be done, the club spent the lowest spend by any promoted club, and got what they deserved......relegation. They truly need to show us, and DF far more commitment than last time.

His stock will be extremely high, and he will be in huge demand here and in Germany.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, king canary said:

The 'they' would be the same people that found Webber though? Surely there is some credit in the bank for that.

 I think it was Ed Balls who was instrumental in appointing Webber and he is no longer a 'they '.Balls came in after the Jez Moxey fiasco who was a 'they ' appointment.

Edited by TIL 1010
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

 I think it was Ed Balls who was instrumental in appointing Webber and he is no longer a 'they '.Balls came in after the Jez Moxey fiasco who was a 'they ' appointment.

Balls was here before the Jez Moxey fiasco- from the pinkun...

Neil's refusal to work with a sporting director saw Balls lead a recruitment charge for David McNally's replacement after his shock resignation earlier that season. Moxey's experience at Wolves saw him headhunted as the man to succeed McNally, an appointment that the ex-chair admits was wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

 I think it was Ed Balls who was instrumental in appointing Webber and he is no longer a 'they '.Balls came in after the Jez Moxey fiasco who was a 'they ' appointment.

Ed Balls was chairman when Moxey was appointed , and Balls was heavily involved in the selection process. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Ed Balls was chairman when Moxey was appointed , and Balls was heavily involved in the selection process. 

My mistake so Balls was in fact a ' they '  when Moxey was appointed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

My mistake so Balls was in fact a ' they '  when Moxey was appointed.

From looking back it seems Balls wanted to make the move to a head coach/sporting director model but Neil wouldn't do it so they chose to stick with Neil in the short term and hire Moxey.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Webber has been straight from day one about his desire to move on to different (not necessarily bigger) things but both his and Farke's future will depend on their ability to keep us in the Premier League. Bouncing us between the two divisions will not get either of them into a much bigger club, but keeping us up would.

I'm sure they get offers galore from second tier teams around the world - maybe even lowly first tier teams; but that's no better than where they are. Norwich has the potential to become a mid-range Premier League club, but in all honesty without massive investment, probably no further. They need to take us as far as they can first, before moving on to something different.

Either way, I do think next season will probably be Webber's last with us - I suspect Farke may stay on to help bed in his successor.  How cool would it be to wave either or both of them off with their successors in place, having survived in the Premier League? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

It is the ' they ' that i am a tad concerned about. This current board is run and controlled by Webber make no mistake about that and if he leaves what follows might be not half as successful.

Thats some assumption and suggests a quite negative view of our board.     Any club would take Webber right now, literally any club would want him.    Name a club that have a better board than we have?     They've either got lots of money to throw at the team (and no soul) or they stumble around from season to season with no plan, no idea how they will fair and are usually at odds with the fans.    

Webber is instrumental in how the club is progressing right now but also is laying plans for how it will function in the future.   Why would that change.    Scott will replace him, that is already in place (unless he gets offered something he can't refuse).    When Webber goes there is a succession plan for the club to follow.   How they do that depends on who comes in, who is available and who we select and that is never a guarantee.   

Happy to trust our club over any other through thick and thin.    If we don't maintain our upward progress..... inevitable it will halt eventually.   So why not trust them for now and enjoy what our club is about, (all of it) rather than being sceptical for no reason.    No need! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't know why there is a reason why DF would want to go back to Germany to work.  German coaches seem to want to work over here and see it as the ultimate challenge. If he succeeds in getting us promoted twice and we do well in the PL next time, then his stock will only rise even further - and in a couple or three years, may well be offered something quite spectacular when Giardiola decides he's had enough at Man City.

However, my heart says that he will want to stay with us and create a dynasty to rival the best, with us getting better and better and challenging at the top of the PL with the very best of them. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Webber has been straight from day one about his desire to move on to different (not necessarily bigger) things but both his and Farke's future will depend on their ability to keep us in the Premier League. Bouncing us between the two divisions will not get either of them into a much bigger club, but keeping us up would.

I'm sure they get offers galore from second tier teams around the world - maybe even lowly first tier teams; but that's no better than where they are. Norwich has the potential to become a mid-range Premier League club, but in all honesty without massive investment, probably no further. They need to take us as far as they can first, before moving on to something different.

Either way, I do think next season will probably be Webber's last with us - I suspect Farke may stay on to help bed in his successor.  How cool would it be to wave either or both of them off with their successors in place, having survived in the Premier League? 

Agree with you although hope its not his last.    Can't see Webber's abilities being of particular use to the top sides since they just spend money and don't give much opportunity to youngsters and there are too many egos at those clubs for his humility to prevail.    

Edited by ged in the onion bag

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...