Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

The Future Appears Bleak For Sam Byram.

Fingers crossed in a big way for Sam Byram. He is a quality player and would be a superb asset for us next season if we're in the PL.

I mentioned before that when he covered right back for Aarons in the last PL campaign he was that good I thought it was Aarons until someone corrected me.

Excellant player.

4 hours ago, GenerationA47 said:

😄

Hugill doing ok so far, touch wood

Be careful what wood you touch, TIL 1010 will be after you. 

• Haha 1

The one thing I find frustrating is people when we have a manager who's first language is not English, is when people on this board try to interpret it too literally.

When you are out this long it is not easy to come back. Let's be honest. He won't return to the squad this season but the most important thing is he makes progress and perhaps there is a chance to have him back next season.   

It's clear some are reading this as there is chance he might not be back next season, as until next summer. I don't think this is what Farke is saying. I think when he says next season, he means there is a chance he will be back for next season. In other words, Aug/Sept.

When we talk about players and being injury prone I do think people need to be careful. Some players seem to go through their careers with very few injuries, those players are lucky. When Coventry signed Bellamy, on paper, he was injury prone. He'd spent a season out injured.

Little is said of the way players and their injuries are managed. Some clubs have not been careful enough with their players and their injuries are worse for it as a result.

Push a player too hard to come back and injuries can occur elsewhere as they try, often subconsciously, to protect the injury they have just had.

I remember folks saying that Zimmermann was injury prone after an injury caused by a tackle - yet the injuries to Bellamy and Mulryne were seen as GBH... Hanley was said to be injury prone by some. Krul even.

Some injuries are just incredibly serious, and it is never good to be harsh about that. I really hope he can recover, he was quality for us when playing in the Prem, and I feel he has the ability to do a Fleming and move inside to CB.

15 minutes ago, City fan said:

Be careful what wood you touch, TIL 1010 will be after you. 

TL call's his wood a "baton"... 😄

If promoted I don't think he will even named in our squad for next season. The best thing for him is to get fit for a loan somewhere and then we'll see where we all are at the beginning of the following season.

A long road back but I hope it works out for him. He's never let us down and I'm sure the club will do all they can to extend his career.

I feel very sorry for him. He is an excellent player.

This is the second time we have bought a very injury prone player from West Ham (Jarvis) Makes you wonder just how 

Strict our pre signing medical are.

Perhaps don’t buy anyone from the Hammers ever again.

A very good defender, and probably our best defender in the prem. Picked numerous times over Lewis at LB. 

A fit Byram would start for us if/when Aaron's moves on, but sadly him getting fit and staying fit doesnt seem like a plausible option.

On 20/03/2021 at 22:06, Capt. Pants said:

If promoted I don't think he will even named in our squad for next season.

Don't think we named a full 25 last season, remember that U21 players don't count, so that's McCallum, Mumba, Martin, Idah, Soto for a start who don't count in the 25.

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

F614F993-943A-4E88-A3B4-2FB41B8AF11A.png

Unlike jarvis for example, he was,I believe fit when signed, and has subsequently been injured. Do our medical team have crystal balls?

Do try to keep on topic FF 👇

On 21/03/2021 at 15:41, FenwayFrank said:

Greavsy take a post off topic ? Never 😜

On 20/03/2021 at 16:16, TIL 1010 said:

A little over the top i think to say a mob of people are pulling the plug on his career. There is optimism and then there is reality, posters like Lakey remain optimistic and others me included see the reality of it by taking on board what DF is saying in that article.

Well, a crowd perhaps then. Regardless,  I'd rather be supportive. 

When you've been out for this long, you'll likely need to drop a level or two to prove your fitness.

Jarvis had to go on loan to League One and is now playing National League level. James Vaughan had to drop down to the Championship to reestablish himself. Right now the club can't rely on Byram to stay fit and we can't carry passengers as harsh as that sounds. A season on loan to see how he does makes sense.

1 minute ago, king canary said:

When you've been out for this long, you'll likely need to drop a level or two to prove your fitness.

Jarvis had to go on loan to League One and is now playing National League level. James Vaughan had to drop down to the Championship to reestablish himself. Right now the club can't rely on Byram to stay fit and we can't carry passengers as harsh as that sounds. A season on loan to see how he does makes sense.

You may well be right, although Byram is probably decent to keep around as back-up even if he can't play regularly, he proved his ability last season. I think the club will already be sourcing a long term option for when Aarons leaves anyway

1 hour ago, AJ said:

You may well be right, although Byram is probably decent to keep around as back-up even if he can't play regularly, he proved his ability last season. I think the club will already be sourcing a long term option for when Aarons leaves anyway

To be honest I wouldn't even trust him as a backup at this point- say the new signing is unlucky and gets injured for 10 weeks- do you trust Byram to step in and play 10/11 games without issue? I wouldn't.

4 hours ago, king canary said:

To be honest I wouldn't even trust him as a backup at this point- say the new signing is unlucky and gets injured for 10 weeks- do you trust Byram to step in and play 10/11 games without issue? I wouldn't.

Fair point, guess we've just been fortunate most of our squad seem to be made of resilient stuff!

7 hours ago, king canary said:

It would sound sensible in principle, but how quickly could Norwich get Byram back if he proves his fitness? I can imagine some reluctance to let him go early by anyone we lend him to. Particularily if he had proved his fitness.

Personally I think we should overman the defense and that has nothing to do with Byram's prognosis. We should assume we're going to lose 2-3 defenders next season to injury.

On 23/03/2021 at 00:38, TeemuVanBasten said:

Don't think we named a full 25 last season, remember that U21 players don't count, so that's McCallum, Mumba, Martin, Idah, Soto for a start who don't count in the 25.

They don't HAVE to count. I think we had to count some of ours to meet the criteria for the home grown rules.