canarydan23

Anyone having ifollow trouble?

5 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

iFollow in not working shocker!? It has reached the point where I'm not bothering with illegal streams that are borderline unwatchable or iFollow that costs £10 and is no better. I haven't actually seen a game since Boxing Day.

There is a real issue here, it may be helpful to try and understand why some of us seem to have no problems getting a good ifollow service and others seem to fail constantly.

For my part I use a Mac, safari browser and have high speed broadband, have never had any problems. 

Would be interesting to know what set up others have and if they have a good or bad service.

Maybe its a much more technical issue, I dont know

Edited by Van wink

4 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

I've not tried one where I've had to pay but thought I'd give it a go today but no dice. I click watch live and just get loading constantly or service unavailable. Actually as I type I've got a new error "There was an error, please try again!"

Very helpful.

Guess I'll save my tenner.

You need to delete the cookies on your computer before going into the site and that rectifies the problem I found. 

20 minutes ago, Van wink said:

There is a real issue here, it may be helpful to try and understand why some of us seem to have no problems getting a good ifollow service and others seem to fail constantly.

For my part I use a Mac, safari browser and have high speed broadband, have never had any problems. 

Would be interesting to know what set up others have and if they have a good or bad service.

Yeah, I think it would be good if everyone having problems listed the relevant specs of the device they're watching from in case there's a common denominator? I have no problems every time. It sounds like iFollow offer poor tech support so this might be a good idea. I'll lay out my specs as below and if people who can't get it to work do the same maybe we will find something?

So as below:

- Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10

- Web Browser: Google Chrome

- Internet Provider: Sky

- Internet Speed: 70mbps download, 20mbps upload

(Visit https://speedtest.net and run a test to get your speeds)

11 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yeah, I think it would be good if everyone having problems listed the relevant specs of the device they're watching from in case there's a common denominator? I have no problems every time. It sounds like iFollow offer poor tech support so this might be a good idea. I'll lay out my specs as below and if people who can't get it to work do the same maybe we will find something?

So as below:

You forgot your credit card details, 3 digit security code and your pin number 😆

11 minutes ago, hogesar said:

So as below:

I use BT internet, download 55 mbps upload 15 mbps

1 minute ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

You forgot your credit card details, 3 digit security code and your pin number 😆

I know yours 😉

I have watched every game on ifollow ( that hasn’t been on Sky) and never had an issue till today, and even then I got it working just before Hanley scored, so not much to complain about here, always had commentary all Be it Welsh today,due to Norfolk not travelling

using chrome, with Virgin super fast broadband

30gb, BT and Chrome. 

I also like big reds, long walks in the countryside and talking to strange dogs. 

25 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

30gb, BT and Chrome. 

I also like big reds, long walks in the countryside and talking to strange dogs. 

But do you have a good stream 😀

Dr asked me that recently

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

So as below:

I don't think it'll help. There seems to rhyme or reason to it.

It doesn't work on my Windows 10 Desktop PC or work laptop on any browser, but does work on my years old Windows 7 laptop on Chrome. Until today when I had to pay for it and it wouldn't work. Bizarre. And it must be costing our club a bit in much needed income.

Their support is next to useless / none existent. I had an issue with the free service, and they weren't interested, so I'll never entertain a paid service from them. 

Shame really as they have a potentially great opportunity to showcase their offering, and if people like it, will get on board. Alas it's had totally the opposite effect with me, and I'm sure others. 

Edited by Greavsy

2 hours ago, Van wink said:

My technological knowledge is sound but not exactly top end, but my issues were on a Windows laptop using Google Chrome. 

The same setup works fine with other paid streaming services so I believe the issue is with iFollow.

39 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Their support is next to useless / none existent. I had an issue with the free service, and they weren't interested, so I'll never entertain a paid service from them. 

Agreed. They've been anything but helpful whenever I've contacted them.

My son and I seem to get it every game now. The quality is ok, today was a bit jerky at times but to be honest in these difficult times it’s great to sit with my son for 90 minutes jumping and shouting at the telly.

£10 well spent for what it gives us.

• Like 2

Nice to have just received a discount code for 20% off in club shop as a thank you for subscribing for the Cardiff game. 

2 hours ago, Robert Barnes said:

I live in Canada and have purchased the season pass. So far I have not had any video or audio problems with them. So no complaints from Canada OTBC

I know a naughty man who signed up via his VPN, and paid £128 for a season pass, and says he has no problems... apart from away games now no longer have City commentary

He tells me he hasn't been issued with anything either - and he says he uses Firefox with every add on possible, which works perfect

His thought is those who use Chrome or Edge deserve all they get

On 16/01/2021 at 21:04, canarydan23 said:

I don't think it'll help. There seems to rhyme or reason to it.

It doesn't work on my Windows 10 Desktop PC or work laptop on any browser, but does work on my years old Windows 7 laptop on Chrome. Until today when I had to pay for it and it wouldn't work. Bizarre. And it must be costing our club a bit in much needed income.

Last Sat there were a few problems, my friend told me he couldn't log in for a bit - but once in it was fine (missed the first goal)

5 hours ago, Van wink said:

Nice to have just received a discount code for 20% off in club shop as a thank you for subscribing for the Cardiff game. 

Don't you get that discount being a S/T holder, or is that only 10%?

16 minutes ago, Bill said:

apart from away games now no longer have City commentary

From the article by Chris Goreham it appears they rigged up a feed (not Ifollow, although they blamed the internet connection rather than the supplier) so they could commentate remotely on the from carrow road. 

I didn't listen myself, so don't know how effective this was. 

2 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Don't you get that discount being a S/T holder, or is that only 10%?

Not sure why an S/T holder would be subscribing to just the one game

My issue has been I can't even login to the canaries website, not iFollow exactly. 

Anyone else struggling with this? 

Just keep getting 'an error occurred' when trying to login, the reset password link doesn't work and I've also tried 3 different browsers.

7 minutes ago, Bill said:

Because the S/T only gives access to home games. Hence why VW purchased access to this game as it was away, and not included. 

You'd know that if you weren't so keen on your self obsessed illegal streaming services, and paid more attention. 

12 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Because the S/T only gives access to home games. Hence why VW purchased access to this game as it was away, and not included. 

You'd know that if you weren't so keen on your self obsessed illegal streaming services, and paid more attention. 

'self obsessed illegal streaming service - I think any obsession is with those various names who seem to get highly agitated when ever the subject comes up

why might that be Greasy ?

3 minutes ago, Bill said:

'self obsessed illegal streaming service - I think any obsession is with those various names who seem to get highly agitated when ever the subject comes up

why might that be Greasy ?

I have no idea, and care eve less Billious I thought I'd indulge you with a reply, as until now I've always managed to ignore your drivel, but couldn't resist the opportunity to show how stupid your reply was. You've now cleverly ignored that part, and attempted to take it down your self obsessive route again, of which I want no part. 

'Billious'

Now where have I heard that before ?

perhaps it's just another if those coincidences.......

4 hours ago, Bill said:

'Billious'

Now where have I heard that before ?

perhaps it's just another if those coincidences.......

Its taken a while  but I knew  it would catch on!! It's just so apt.

I had all sorts of problems trying to use my laptop at the start of the season but noticed that ifollow worked well on my phone which is a Samsung G10. 

I found an HDMI phone lead on Amazon for £15 and I've had no problems since although I can't post on here during the games which is probably a relief to a lot of you😂

I think there is a way to cast to a TV but I gave up and just plug it in instead. 

8 hours ago, Bill said:

It’s just something else you think you understand but actually don’t .

• Haha 5