Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Points record?

We have taken 36 points from our last 15 games which equates to 110 points in a full season. Shame about the first 4 games. 

All the more remarkable when you consider we have had probably the worst run of injuries in our history and our away games have almost exclusively been against teams in the top half. Perhaps we've been helped there by the lack of crowds. 

If we keep the form of the last 15 games we will equal the Reading points record of 106.

Please don't curse things with all this hubris... Don't anger the footballing gods!

Edited by Grando
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Grando said:

Please don't curse things with all this hubris... Don't anger the footballing gods!

Indeed. This is like hoping Shef Utd beat Derby for the worst Prem season in history.

I really want it to happen but I'm not gonna start hoping for it out of hope I don't jinx it

14 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

This is getting way too far ahead of ourselves. I'd take 80 points and scraping into second place right now.

This👍

23 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

This is getting way too far ahead of ourselves. I'd take 80 points and scraping into second place right now.

As it happens I made it clear at the start of this season that a 'good season' this year would be making it to the playoffs.

Automatics would be a massive great bonus, but I would still not be upset if we finished 6th.

17 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

As it happens I made it clear at the start of this season that a 'good season' this year would be making it to the playoffs.

Automatics would be a massive great bonus, but I would still not be upset if we finished 6th.

I would've been satisfied with the playoffs at the start of the season, but considering that we're six points above third place right now then I would be disappointed to finish in the playoffs from this position.

Although none of the newly relegated teams that have bounced straight back in recent seasons have managed to get automatic promotion I’m convinced that at least one of them will this season. I will still be happy with the playoffs as we’re not even halfway through the season and anything could still happen. I think I will wait until we have about 15 or less games to play before I make my decision as there’s still 27 at the moment.

Never mind the playoffs, the way we're going I feel more confident about us this season than I did when we went top in 2018-19. We seem more solid. The second half of that season was unbelievable so lets hope for more of the same. I just hope we can increase our goal difference a bit, obviously if we keep winning then it isn't a major issue but wouldn't want it to come down to that between 2nd and 3rd place or something. Surely we're due to give someone a proper hammering soon?

For those saying you'd be happy with the play-offs, does that include if we subsequently lost and didn't get promoted? I'm surprised if so. From where we are now, that would be a massive disappointment.

The difference this season is we aren't up against Leeds who, under normal circumstances, would fall apart (again) in the last 12 games. I fully expect the top three to be the three relegated teams; I can only hope that the order remains the same.

I don't see us braking any records. We've already dropped too many points in winnable games. Let's just hope that we keep finding a way to average 2 points per game.

Some people are getting carried away. Still much water to flow under Trowse Bridge before anything is decided.

I am happy with the progress so far and content in the knowledge that once we hit the front we have never failed to complete the job.

15 more wins and a couple of draws look very achievable at the moment.  That should be enough for an automatic spot.

It is a strange season - I think it is a relatively weak championship.  Irrespective DF has done an excellent job - particularly when Pukki was injured.  He must of thought hard about playing a Dickson-Peters and decided he was not ready and it could have a negative effect on his development - DF sticking to his principles.

We now have genuine options on the bench to change the game with either pure pace, guile, or a physical presence.

We need to get the defence as solid as the attack is varied, then have a proper go at the premiership.

I hope we keep the squad together through January.  If Arsenal are genuinely interested in Buendia or a top six side fancy Max, or a Europa league side offer huge money for Pukki it will be difficult to resist as I suspect the players will want to go. 

15 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

It is a strange season - I think it is a relatively weak championship.  Irrespective DF has done an excellent job - particularly when Pukki was injured.  He must of thought hard about playing a Dickson-Peters and decided he was not ready and it could have a negative effect on his development - DF sticking to his principles.

We now have genuine options on the bench to change the game with either pure pace, guile, or a physical presence.

We need to get the defence as solid as the attack is varied, then have a proper go at the premiership.

I hope we keep the squad together through January.  If Arsenal are genuinely interested in Buendia or a top six side fancy Max, or a Europa league side offer huge money for Pukki it will be difficult to resist as I suspect the players will want to go. 

Why would a player go to a Club that is only 6 places above his current one? 🙂 

5 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

There is no God. Sorry 

According to Santosh , Masterchef finalist, there are a million Gods, so there's always one free to help you out. He didnt win. 

19 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

According to Santosh , Masterchef finalist, there are a million Gods, so there's always one free to help you out. He didnt win. 

I think there have been around 300 in world history. I have a friend who is a vicar. I told him we agreed about 299 of them so we were much closer than he thought. It troubled him

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Why would a player go to a Club that is only 6 places above his current one? 🙂 

They are a fantastic club, I think we have to realise where we are in the football food chain, and so I think he would go.  I would be sad, and the same time I would hope he doesn't.  I suspect it will not happen as Arsenals targets will have bigger reputations.

2 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

About £50k a week at a guess 

Ah, but at this rate, we will pass them by at the end of this season, and money isn't everything, just ask Ben Marshall. Oh hang on...........

3 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

There is no God. Sorry 

Fair enough. But there are footballing gods!