Petriix

Taking the knee

4 minutes ago, Spix said:

I knew it wouldn't take long for someone with an ego the size of the Mersey Tunnel would come up with that. Difference is that Kenilworth Road is in the community that the club represents, i.e. Luton. Ironically the laughingly named Community Stadium is no-where near the community it represents, i.e. Colchester.

Whilst KR is shabby and past it's sell by date and has been for a long time at least it looks like a proper football ground as opposed to a quickly assembled maccano set placed in the middle of a field surrounded by nothing other than a fast trunk road encouraging everyone to drive past it rather than to go to it.

Well done for making Luton sound like the Cotswolds.

FAC7B040-9A0C-4610-9DD3-FF9BBAF92105.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Spix said:

It does and they do or are you not aware that the game last Wednesday went ahead? In case you hadn't noticed, Luton won 3-1.

Well done... By the way where are Luton in the league.. we are top x

1 minute ago, Alex Moss said:

Well done for making Luton sound like the Cotswolds.

FAC7B040-9A0C-4610-9DD3-FF9BBAF92105.jpeg

Is that really you Alex? A fine figure of a man I have to say. Where are you ? Looks like a car boot sale.

2 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Well done... By the way where are Luton in the league.. we are top x

Are you incapable of reading the league table? We're in the middle of it and delighted with that as we thought we would struggle again. We haven't as yet, and you've won nothing yet either so maybe save the "we're gonna **** the leaque until you've actually done it."

Edited by Spix

Just now, Spix said:

Is that really you Alex? A fine figure of a man I have to say. Where are you ? Looks like a car boot sale.

It is me, and I’m in Luton buying some second hand 25watt floodlights after picking up your waistcoat and clip on ponytail from a bootie.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Spix said:

Are you incapable of reading the league table? We're in the middle of it and delighted with that.

Fair play... just weird you'd say that when you felt the need to point out our recent score..I look forward to playing you in an adequately lit ground without 13 first team squad players being injured. 

Edited by Kenny Foggo

14 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

The people that boo the "kneel" and think football should not be political are probably the ones that boo McLean for not wearing a poppy... More should not be political when it doesn't suit their views... I always thought my Grandad died in the second world war to allow for the likes of McLean to do what he wanted within the law. I always wear the poppy myself.

I agree about Mclean. It’s up to him and I get why he feels as he does. I may feel very differently about the Poppy but each to their own and we are lucky to have the freedom to choose.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Fair play... just weird you'd say that when you felt the need to point out our recent score..I look forward to playing you in an adequately lit ground without 13 first team squad players being injured. 

The old "we lost cause we had lots of injuries."  Wrong, you lost because you came up against a more motivated and skillful side on the night.

2 minutes ago, Spix said:

The old "we lost cause we had lots of injuries."  Wrong, you lost because you came up against a more motivated and skillful side on the night.

And because we had loads of injuries and because the ref was cr*p and because we defended like tw*ts. 

11 minutes ago, Spix said:

We lost to the better team on the night... Let's see when we have a recognised left back, Pukki, Buendia, Krul, Cantwell etc all available. I have nothing against Luton just pointing it facts. We are over the moon we are top given the injury crisis we have... 

56 minutes ago, Fr. Chewy Louie said:

"Little lad", very good. Just wondering why you're repeatedly urging for this topic (which is fairly obviously football related) to be tucked out of sight. Infer from that what you will.

Main topic - Norwich city

we have a containment board for a reason

nice ducking as well lad. That’s what I thought in the first place.

Need to get rid of a lot of threads then Buh:

The Sheffield one

The world Cup one

The betting sponsor one

4 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

Need to get rid of a lot of threads then Buh:

The Sheffield one

The world Cup one

The betting sponsor one

Should we start with the one by the Luton fan that won’t leave deliberately trying to ruin the forum? Can we agree on that one?

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

Should we start with the one by the Luton fan that won’t leave deliberately trying to ruin the forum? Can we agree on that one?

Fo shizzle

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

My finger

is on the but-ton

<push the button>

1416BA08-C449-4345-AC46-5EA28E99B197.jpeg

I also tried to get the attention of moderators (in a very discreet way) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, seanthecanary said:

QPR haven't been doing it as a club since September and a big deal wasn't made of it

Yep. That's how the the activists work and no-one has the nerve to see it through for fear of losing their career.

1 minute ago, NFN FC said:

I also tried to get the attention of moderators (in a very discreet way) 

Perfectly up for debate but this derails the main board. It’s a containment board issue. They have their own board where they bleat about boring politics and whatnot. 

Just now, The Real Buh said:

Perfectly up for debate but this derails the main board. It’s a containment board issue. They have their own board where they bleat about boring politics and whatnot. 

It shouldn't even be about politics, but I understand your stance 

1 minute ago, Fr. Chewy Louie said:

Petriix isn't a Luton fan is he? 

Anyway, the previous thread that was moved was started by a Norwich fan, so that can't be it. 

Are you a Luton fan Chewy Loo? 

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

Wear a Poppy , dont wear a Poppy, I don't  care, just dont disrespect  what it represents.  I thought my james mcclean thing was funny, no  way was it virtue signalling , I'm much to nasty for that.

Fair dos.. I did too. I doubt too many others got it though.

58 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Success

• Like 1

I wonder if the police killing had happened in Norwich whether the Americans would have come out in support or are we just copying a foreign problem and making it our own?

To me it is just hype and the authorities are now too scared to stop the runaway train that it has become.

• Like 2

https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/12/08/blm-has-set-anti-racism-back-decades/

Much as some might wish to pretend otherwise, “taking a knee” is perceived as being inextricably linked with BLM. For the reasons given in the linked article, and stated far more eloquently than I ever could, many don’t see this ongoing overt support for the BLM movement as necessarily being a good thing. 

Edited by Naturalcynic

1 hour ago, Naturalcynic said:

https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/12/08/blm-has-set-anti-racism-back-decades/

Much as some might wish to pretend otherwise, “taking a knee” is perceived as being inextricably linked with BLM. For the reasons given in the linked article, and stated far more eloquently than I ever could, many don’t see this ongoing overt support for the BLM movement as necessarily being a good thing. 

Doesn’t matter.

The players are doing this to highlight discrimination towards black people, which is correct.

They are not doing it for political reasons.

But you already know this đź‘Ť

P.s your user name says it all. Make sure you have a coffee this morning, it’ll help stop you falling off the edge of the earth.