Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

So we have been charged by the FA..

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2020/october/city-charged-following-rotherham-fixture/

I mean so have Rotherham too, for 'failing to conduct ourselves in a proper manner blah blah blah'

Anyone have any idea what incident this is about?

I would imagine that may have something to do with the melee on the touch line after the tackle on Skipp?

Window-licking **** from the FA. As far as I'm concerned neither team has much of a case to answer. All you saw was an understandable reaction to a bad tackle when emotions were running high in a fraught period of the match, and both teams - to their credit - got on with the game afterwards.

• Like 2

Just now, Alex Moss said:

I would imagine that may have something to do with the melee on the touch line after the tackle on Skipp?

Ah yes well remembered. 

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

You missed the minor handbags fracas when the Rotherham player was sent off then ?

Of course not. All I saw was a Rotherham player go flying in studs up and our players reacting in a way that is perfectly understandable 

7 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Ah yes well remembered. 

Not really but had to assume Cambridgeshire had not watched the game from his original post.

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

https://streamable.com/2kk67v

Here's the 'incident' that lead to the charge for those that want a replay

So you did in fact know what it was all about and there was me thinking it was merely a lame excuse to start yet another thread. 😜

8 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

So you did in fact know what it was all about and there was me thinking it was merely a lame excuse to start yet another thread. 😜

Pretty sure the club getting fined is an important topic to discuss 😉

17 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I did watch the game obviously, just pointing out that handbags at dawn isnt worth a fine

It’s nothing new or unusual though, Cambridgeshire - for as long as I can remember clubs have always been given a fine by the FA for ‘failing to control their players’. It was to be expected in all fairness.

3 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

It’s nothing new or unusual though, Cambridgeshire - for as long as I can remember clubs have always been given a fine by the FA for ‘failing to control their players’. It was to be expected in all fairness.

Wonder if Aguero will be fined for hands on a linesman, or Pickford on Dijk? 🤔

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Wonder if Aguero will be fined for hands on a linesman, or Pickford on Dijk? 🤔

The answer to that is did either of those incidents spark a mass amount of handbags from both sets of players?

Jesus, that incident was so mild compared to previous incidents.  If that results in a fine, the FA have really lost the plot.

• Like 1

Any excuse for a fine, the fact that it was behind closed doors won't make any difference. 

Most of our players were just pulling Aarons out of the way. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I did watch the game obviously, just pointing out that handbags at dawn isnt worth a fine

Agreed. No right hooks. No kicking out. No  head-butting. Nothing really to speak of other than emotions boiling over into shirt pulling, in response to a horrendous tackle. 

• Like 2

I did far worse myself in one game of five-a-side that nearly descended into a full-on race riot, but the opposition team were known for being a set of Grade-A whiny spackerfuttocks who would complain that every foul on you was a fair tackle, but every time you caught them fairly it was like you'd raped their mother with a cactus. And she enjoyed it more than with them.

Not that I cared. We won 15-4 after being 4-3 down at half-time after my brand of mental warfare and other gamesmanship handsomely paid off. 😄

(It also involved leaving the nut in on someone trying to push into me whilst taking the rip out of his squeaky voice, and one where some absolute mongo tried stamping on me as the goalie, but I saw him coming from miles off, got my leg up first, and hit him right in the kahunas as he tried stamping on me. The screaming he did was comedy gold. My only regret was that I didn't have track spikes on and really do a number on him!)

Edited by TheGunnShow
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, pete said:

Pointless really but the FA does need the cash so a fine is coming.  

Yup, any excuse to raise extra funds from wealthier clubs such as us.

All a bit big girl's blouse at Rotherham

Proper ruck at Highbury in 1989 when we were 2-0 up and lost 4-3 after two diabolical pen decisions went against us, the second right at the death. Huge brawl in front of the North Bank and 21 out of the 22 players got involved.

I think we got a £50,000 fine that day and Arsenal got away with £20,000.

We wuz robbed in more ways than one. 😩

Meh, can you imagine if the FA done their job properly in other respects, then you wouldn't mind.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

All a bit big girl's blouse at Rotherham

Proper ruck at Highbury in 1989 when we were 2-0 up and lost 4-3 after two diabolical pen decisions went against us, the second right at the death. Huge brawl in front of the North Bank and 21 out of the 22 players got involved.

I think we got a £50,000 fine that day and Arsenal got away with £20,000.

We wuz robbed in more ways than one. 😩

Yeah, I was there that day - terrible penalty decisions to deny us victory. Don't recall who the ref was, but hope we don't have him this weekend! (Having said that, I'd like to think he's one of the few people whose eyesight has improved with age! 😁

Yes, I'm sure those are the figures charged to each club for the incident. 

So both us and Rotherham have ended up £5000 out of pocket for that little melee at the New York.

Fines at that level put it very much in the handbags dept and makes you wonder whether it was worth charging the two clubs at all.

Edited by ......and Smith must score.
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

So both us and Rotherham have ended up £5000 out of pocket for that little melee at the New York.

Fines at that level put it very much in the handbags dept and makes you wonder whether it was worth charging the two clubs at all.

Especially in these times of financial hardship.

Do they ever look at what led up to it and think, yeah we can see why this happened. Nobody died, let's all move on.

Just now, First Wazzock said:

Especially in these times of financial hardship.

Do they ever look at what led up to it and think, yeah we can see why this happened. Nobody died, let's all move on.

It was an appalling tackle...did you see the gash down his leg in those photos. I was pleased our players showed that reaction if I'm honest!

49 minutes ago, sonyc said:

It was an appalling tackle...did you see the gash down his leg in those photos. I was pleased our players showed that reaction if I'm honest!

I totally agree, it was a terrible foul - and that's what sparked a bit of pushing and shoving, nothing more. Was that really worth 5k to clubs with no income?

9 minutes ago, First Wazzock said:

I totally agree, it was a terrible foul - and that's what sparked a bit of pushing and shoving, nothing more. Was that really worth 5k to clubs with no income?

I suppose it's about sending out a message about showing dissent. I agree it's rather lame to give fines. It was hardly a shocking free for all given some of the scenes you see with players surrounding refs or players squaring up. It's a weekly event.

5k probably hurts Rotherham worse too and the ref took action meaning their player misses matches.