Harry Wilson

On his way to Cardiff on loan for a fee of 1.2 million

apparently beating city to the deal

thats nothing in the grand scheme of things, what a missed opportunity

8 minutes ago, 2Girls1FAcup said:

On his way to Cardiff on loan for a fee of 1.2 million

apparently beating city to the deal

thats nothing in the grand scheme of things, what a missed opportunity

Being siad that they are also meeting his £60K pw wages.............don't think that would sit well with our squad (if true)

The problem with this is that while he is a really good signing, City are kind of in limbo whereas Cardiff know they need him and are more motivated to pay what Liverpool want.  If Cantwell and Buendia both stay then do you need them both plus Dowell when he returns plus Wilson on £60k wages?

Edited by seanthecanary

If Farke and Webber don’t get this guy I’m going to hold my breath until I pass out and they aren’t even going to get a party bag from my birthday party either.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

If Farke and Webber don’t get this guy I’m going to hold my breath until I pass out and they aren’t even going to get a party bag from my birthday party either.

Keep holding that breath. 

5 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

It’s been an absolute shambles of a window getting worse window by window

Webber out 

Because you've had almost nothing to complain about?

7 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Because you've had almost nothing to complain about?

Since he makes up everything that he complains about I don't suppose that will bother him much. 

• Haha 1

"Apparently beating City to the deal" - is this confirmed?

I'd be really surprised if it is. Cardiff have been linked to him for quite some time now. If the £60k pw is true I very much doubt our talks went further than that. £60k a week is £3,120,000 in wages for a season. The loan fee bumps that up to being best part of £5million for a loan.

Isn't there a limit on loans as well?

Even if we got Wilson I would be a bit confused as to why we were happy to splurge that on another midfielder and still be short defensively esp at CB - an area we have been desperately needing to strengthen for at least a couple of seasons. Yes, we are better with Gibson but we have precious little cover really.

I agree chicken,  but I just can't see Webber or Farke going out to get another CB. It's rather naive considering the problems we had last season, and even with Gibson we've failed to strengthen yet again, as he's seen as a direct replacement to Godfrey and we've lost Klose also.

With only Hanley as backup, and a fragile one at that, it's ridiculous NCFC put all their faith in players "versatility" who can alledgedly play in other positions.

What with Argos also out for a lengthy spell we're looking thin, even if Cantwell & Buendia stay 

1 minute ago, Gordon Bennett said:

If part of the deal is paying Wilson £60k a week then we were never in the running were we. 

And honestly, no one should be.

He's good, but he's not that good yet is he? If he was really £60k good he'd have been loaned sooner to another Prem side or perhaps to a club in Germany. He's being loaned to a championship club.

• Like 1

FML Most of you lot could start an argument in a room by yourself 🙄

Anyway, personally I think even if it was 5 mill Inc wages for a season it's a risk worth taking. He scores and assists, is creative, quick. All the things we are lacking. Versatile as well. If it gets you promoted that's peanuts 

If cantwell doesn't leave do you rly think we are going to get 100% from him, if anything he's more likely to sulk to drop the fee down for January. And Hernandes is injured. 

Edited by 2Girls1FAcup

Dodged a bullet - takes a mean free-kick, but offers absolutely nothing else. Very over-rated.

4 games in, 4 points and looking at our departures, injuries and incoming players  and performances to date alas the mood music to finish much above top half does not look encouraging. I accept things may change after the window closes and we will know actually which squad we have, but the relegation hangover, allied to the inevitable churn in players may have cemented our financial security over the next few seasons which is nothing to be sniffed at but we look a country mile away from a top 2 side, though i expect our results to improve as the season progresses and the new and young players bed in and find their feet

1 hour ago, Uncle Fred said:

Look at the league table , Farke out 

I have come to appreciate Uncle Fred. A voice of negativity that is so refreshing. Like a sorbet to cleanse the palette between your main and dessert courses, or a good snort of snuff. 

Someone has to do it and I thank him for it. 

8 minutes ago, Surfer said:

I have come to appreciate Uncle Fred. A voice of negativity that is so refreshing. Like a sorbet to cleanse the palette between your main and dessert courses, or a good snort of snuff. 

Someone has to do it and I thank him for it. 

Yes, he's like the wrong end of a weather vane, pointing to where the wind isnt coming from. 

He ain’t that good.

The good young player to go for from Liverpool is Harvey Elliott. Way better than Harry Wilson. Been hoping we’d go for him but looks like he’s off to Blackburn. He will be a brilliant signing for them.