Walker

Dier

Maguire

Rice

Henderson

Calvert-Lewin

Mount

Rashford

And yes, before anyone else points it out that starting 11 is indeed a joke and Southgate out

16 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And yes, before anyone else points it out that starting 11 is indeed a joke and Southgate out

Looks fair enough to me bearing in mind Kane is injured so what and where exactly has Southgate turned it into a joke ?

10 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Looks fair enough to me bearing in mind Kane is injured so what and where exactly has Southgate turned it into a joke ?

Imagine thinking Maguire or Pickford should start, and then dropping Grealish after he ran the show last match to throw in Declan Rice and mount 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Not a big fan of Henderson but he did captain Liverpool to their first title in 30 years and as for Maguire his Greek antics were appalling but who would you play today ?

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Imagine thinking Maguire or Pickford should start, and then dropping Grealish after he ran the show last match to throw in Declan Rice and mount 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

You mean Pickford who is in a team currently sitting top of the PL with 100% record ?

I think the biggest issue with the team is that we have 3 RBs, 2 CBs, 2 DMs and no LBs. That’s an incredibly defensive unbalanced team.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tracey Rix said:

Totally agree Henderson is a joke Maguire should not be in the team  an as for Jadon he should be in the starting team 

Henderson? Captain and key cog in the title winning Liverpool team?

Where is chillwell? 

Im hoping it’s all a master plan but we do seem to be getting ever further away from a settled team and playing structure. The lack of a clear centre half partnership is starting to hurt us hence the experiment with the 3 I guess. 

12 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Not a big fan of Henderson but he did captain Liverpool to their first title in 30 years and as for Maguire his Greek antics were appalling but who would you play today ?

10 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

You mean Pickford who is in a team currently sitting top of the PL with 100% record ?

This isn't really the best reasoning on picking a football team for England is it? So if Liverpool had won the title many times in the previous 30 years suddenly your reasoning for picking Henderson is compromised, Likewise Everton have played some fantastic stuff up top but whats that got to do with Pickford?

I don't think Henderson is a 'joke' as later stated but I am otherwise disappointed with the line up, not to see Grealish start considering the form he's in, he's exactly the sort of player I want to see given a shot against the likes of Belgium.

Edited by YellowYawner

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Right... is that how a goalkeeper is judged? They may be top but he’s dropped at least four changers already this season that I can think of off the top of my head. He also played really poor towards the end of last season, Anchelotti had basically issued him an ultimatum before the start of the campaign to either improve or find himself out of the team. Everton have now signed a new keeper...

Know a few Everton fans, all of whom were desperate for an upgrade and feared he would be the one holding them back this season.

So yes, that Pickford.

16 minutes ago, king canary said:

Henderson? Captain and key cog in the title winning Liverpool team?

Big fan of his, but he's been injured and isn't match fit surely.

Some strange choices in there, and I'm in agreement that Grealish must be wondering WTF is going on after he played so well when given the chance, and gets dropped immediately in exchange for far more defensive and less technically gifted players.

Maguire being selected just shows that it's also seemingly ok to start fights with police (allegedly), then attempt to bribe them (allegedly), and yet has no real impact on your club or international career (apparently).

Good role model choice right there.

Pickford has been poor for the past year and is on the verge of being dropped by Ancelotti, yet gets played regardless despite the performance and ability of players like Pope and D.Henderson.

Will we EVER have an England manager that actually has a clue what they're doing???

• Like 1

Considering that Sancho, Chilwell and Abraham are in the doghouse and Kane is carrying a knock, I don't see what Southgate has really done wrong here. Possibly he could've chosen a natural left-sided player instead of Trippier, but I get the impression that whatever side he picks will see three-quarters of England fan saying he's made several joke selections and doesn't have a clue.

6 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

It’s up to Belgium how much they score here

Imagine seeing how Well England did when they had players that want to attack on the pitch

And then taking them out to stick on Rice/Dier

How can people be saying to play Dean Henderson? He’s started one match so far this season and that was a cup game. On what grounds should he be playing for England? 

I do worry that Southgate thinks it’s a good idea to play a RB at CB and a RB at LB though. Not only does it hinder our play but what message does that send to other players who’s natural positions are CB and LB?

21 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Considering that Sancho, Chilwell and Abraham are in the doghouse and Kane is carrying a knock, I don't see what Southgate has really done wrong here. Possibly he could've chosen a natural left-sided player instead of Trippier, but I get the impression that whatever side he picks will see three-quarters of England fan saying he's made several joke selections and doesn't have a clue.

How do you mean in the dog house? 

Unfortunately for Southgate we have a lot of competition for places, a lot of fans wanting to see their players in the team, and quite a few of the ‘stand out’ players currently out of form. So agree he’s always going to face criticism to some degree, I’m sure he’s used to it by now. 

Grealish should’ve started though IMO, offers us something different.

Just now, Clint said:

How can people be saying to play Dean Henderson? He’s started one match so far this season and that was a cup game. On what grounds should he be playing for England? 

Well he was consistently better than Pickford last season 

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And Pope is better than both

I don’t disagree, just stating the case for Henderson. I’d certainly rather we had either over Pickford.

10 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Imagine seeing how Well England did when they had players that want to attack on the pitch

And then taking them out to stick on Rice/Dier

Declan Rice

aka James Milner 2

Does anyone know where Winks is? Not in the match day squad. I’m not saying he’s a world beater but at least he moves the ball forward at more than a pedestrian pace. I really don’t get what Rice offers and certainly not if you’ve already got Henderson in there. Rice is a younger English version of Fozzy! 

29 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Declan Rice

aka James Milner 2

James Milner is honestly a pretty decent footballer and has won all there is to win in the Prem

Rice on the other hand

he um.. his name sounds like food

Well played England. Solid professional performance against  Belgian side with a tendency to overplay it. The moral of the story as with Villa the other night is shoooot! 

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Well played England. Solid professional performance against  Belgian side with a tendency to overplay it. The moral of the story as with Villa the other night is shoooot! 

I mean we were awful for a good 70 minutes and got lucky via a pen and a deflection

But hey, a win is a win

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

England starting 11 as follows

Pickford

Alex-Arnold

Trippier

Walker

Dier

Maguire

Rice

Henderson

Calvert-Lewin

Mount

Rashford

I must have missed your tenure as England manager 😜..................