A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

42 minutes ago, horsefly said:

You couldn't make it up. If only the poverty stricken had thought to free up their granny annexes, silly fools:

Tory MP says people could 'incentivise granny annexes' to save money

A Conservative MP has suggested people could "incentivise granny annexes" to save money amid the cost of living crisis. 

One Minister said this morning that people could work longer hours or get a higher paid job.

13 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

One Minister said this morning that people could work longer hours or get a higher paid job.

There are currently more job vacancies than unemployed so it actually wouldn't be a bad time for someone to move for a pay rise. 

How delightful to read the story this morning that forty years after our greatest peace time leader stood down and ten years after her death, Margaret Thatcher still lives rent free in the left's head. 

I hope the idiot throwing eggs at a statue continues. He must have been all of ten years old when Thatcher came to power but demonstrates to the electorate how immature and bereft of creative thought the left truly are. The only time they came to power was through promising Thatcher-lite policies which they managed to screw up in various PFI scandals. 

Hopefully Boris can rediscover hiss inner Conservative because having skipped away with leading the world vaccine charge and come.out on top of Ukraine's most reliable ally (apparently the Ukraine soldiers shout God Save the Queen when they fire an Nlaw missile and take out yet another Russian tank, while demonstrating Germany to be the simps of Europe. 

Bojo needs to discover his.mojo, scrap the NI protocol (coming soon) and start acting like a Boss and he's set for yet another landslide victory by a hundred seat margin. 

16 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

How delightful to read the story this morning that forty years after our greatest peace time leader stood down and ten years after her death, Margaret Thatcher still lives rent free in the left's head. 

I hope the idiot throwing eggs at a statue continues. He must have been all of ten years old when Thatcher came to power but demonstrates to the electorate how immature and bereft of creative thought the left truly are. The only time they came to power was through promising Thatcher-lite policies which they managed to screw up in various PFI scandals. 

Hopefully Boris can rediscover hiss inner Conservative because having skipped away with leading the world vaccine charge and come.out on top of Ukraine's most reliable ally (apparently the Ukraine soldiers shout God Save the Queen when they fire an Nlaw missile and take out yet another Russian tank, while demonstrating Germany to be the simps of Europe. 

Bojo needs to discover his.mojo, scrap the NI protocol (coming soon) and start acting like a Boss and he's set for yet another landslide victory by a hundred seat margin. 

😂😂😂 Sounds as though you've got more than a touch of the Michael Gove's - must be magic stuff!! 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

There are currently more job vacancies than unemployed so it actually wouldn't be a bad time for someone to move for a pay rise. 

You are Norman Tebbit and I claim my £5.

28 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Your grasp of history shows how bereft of compassion and understanding you are.

If you care to research the first Labour Government you will see they instituted many of the institutions that are now free at source which many of you and your ilk take for granted and which Thatcher wanted to remove.

You would do well to heed Clement Atlee:

Charity is only possible without loss of dignity between equals. A right established by law, such as that to an old age pension, is less galling than an allowance made by a rich man to a poor one, dependent on his view of the recipient's character, and terminable at his caprice.

2 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

Pay rises are getting overtaken by inflation. Everyone is getting a pay cut. Typical tories. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rock The Boat said:

Margaret Thatcher still lives rent free in the left's head. 

Not one day passes without thinking of her 😅

Seriously, it really doesn't. And I wouldn't wish to take one pound of her money if she did anyway.

I'm enjoying reading your recent posts though RTB. They've become much more amusing. A few comments there about discovery in your post and you seemed to have rediscovered a cheerfulness that has been amiss over the past few months. 

I do agree about Thatcher-lite policies being a source of success for Blair however as one of your other points. That said, there were much needed improvements in education and a welcome (and much-needed) narrowing of the inequality gap during that Labour decade, a gap widened over a decade of her administration. 

As for Johnson, it's interesting that despite everything that has happened in the last two years and what he and his government stand for,  that you're still such an enthusiastic supporter. Incredible that under Thatcher we would never have left the EU. An awkward relationship but she understood the importance of it. Johnson just believes in Johnson. Not so much left to rediscover for him except for some karmic self-awareness at the time of his inevitable downfall.

I suppose at the least we might get somewhere closer in our thinking being Norwich City fans. More so than other more obvious parody 'anti-left' accounts (thinking Jools here as a Luton fan for example).

2 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

At least you're becoming more funny than simply offensive. Hilarious!

1 hour ago, Herman said:

Pay rises are getting overtaken by inflation. Everyone is getting a pay cut. Typical tories. 

Yep! And many economists now expect an incredibly destructive wage-price spiral. This government is utterly bereft of economic strategy. Expect the announcement of Labour's windfall tax policy very soon.

4 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

I love your selective recollections.

Yes truly daft as a brush are those that 'egg' Thatcher's statue - she did a lot of good and a lot wrong. Didn't know when to stop. 

However she created the single market. I'm sure you 'll commend her for that. She'd of never thrown the baby out with the bathwater.

NLAW by the way is a Swedish design - yes manufactured in part in NI.

Edited by Yellow Fever
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

You are Norman Tebbit and I claim my £5.

This bloke got on his bike and set up a small business venture. Thatch would be happy.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Herman said:

This bloke got on his bike and set up a small business venture. Thatch would be happy.

You know that if elected, Labour will nationalise that egg business and within weeks the egg vendor will either off sick on full pay or on strike.

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

You know that if elected, Labour will nationalise that egg business and within weeks the egg vendor will either off sick on full pay or on strike.

Surely he is self employed, not paying tax or NI, got an Aston Martin he is claiming for and a holiday villa in the Seychelles where he moors his yacht. And he claims he only earns the same amount as his tax allowance.

1 hour ago, Daz Sparks said:

Hens laying to rule😉

Just now, kick it off said:

I wonder why that may be... 🤔 

I'm sure he will be present at PMQs tomorrow and quell the speculation... won't he...?

No Tory MP will want to be missing tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, kick it off said:

I wonder why that may be... 🤔 

I'm sure he will be present at PMQs tomorrow and quell the speculation... won't he...?

Surely he will have question tabled relating to the Government's proposed solution for the NI Protocol and not giving on to the cursed EU and their satanic machinations? 🤔🤣

Apples

The number of Tory MPs ending up in prison (see Charlie Elphicke etc) is making me wonder whether this is all part of a Tory plot to move the House of Commons to HMP Wandsworth. 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, horsefly said:

The number of Tory MPs ending up in prison (see Charlie Elphicke etc) is making me wonder whether this is all part of a Tory plot to move the House of Commons to HMP Wandsworth. 

Two to a cell might suit their tendencies

26 minutes ago, Mr Apples said:

Did anybody do a headcount at PMQ's today, was anybody missing?

Apples

Giving a head count might not be appropriate.

• Haha 1

Fabricant was wearing a ridiculous wig to make sure he was noticed..... oh.... 

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, BigFish said:

More importantly, powerful words........

I've mentioned the 14 indicators on this forum before. An impassioned speech, one of the best I've heard in the Commons. I happen to agree with much that she says and whatever one wants to call the things happening in this country for the last 2 years it is extremely worrying. Yet people will probably simply castigate her because she is Scottish....As she says "othering" - culture wars instead of looking at the real problem. A better speech than Starmer has been able to give to. When are folks going to wake up and challenge the way this country is being run? Hell, we have even had a poster on here saying the Rwanda policy was brilliant.

Thanks for posting BF.

1 hour ago, BigFish said:

More importantly, powerful words........

I'm glad you found this BF. Its just a shame the Chamber was virtually empty when the lass gave an impassioned speech about her feelings regarding the way even so called Democratic nations like ours is governed. Where self interest is the real motive behind so many individuals in politics rather than the bull that they entered to help the world we live in and the people who habitat it.

I am not solely blaming this shower of siht that rules us now as we know full well that Belair's ego that he was the only one right was equally harmful. But I will say he introduced some policies that this shower screamed would bankrupt us at the time but now embrace as their own.

Why is it that the rest of Europe is out of step with us? Why is it that apparently left to introduce our own laws, many of them are Draconian and selfish at best? Why is it that morality only exists in their circles when they are happy to break their own laws as "fluff" but fine already stretched individuals. Why are we rushing to arm Ukraine when we are cutting back on our own defense spending? Why are we rejoicing in trade deals with countries who we refuse to apologise to for the way they were treated centuries ago? Why are we polarising so much investment in London, an area that doesn't even vote for this Government at the expense of the regions?

Surely the people of this country must be wising up to the crowd?

Obviously not an oven ready report. Or maybe wait until the Jubilee weekend to publish it?

Police have ended their investigation into breaches of Covid rules in and around Downing Street, with further fines issued.

The BBC understands that the Cabinet Office hopes the report will come out within the next couple of weeks.