A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

21 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Surely the difference between autocracies such as Russia and democracies is that none are above the law and in a democracy the leaders work within the laws of the land.

Its as bald as that. If he's fined he goes.

Apparently he isnt one of them.😉🍾

I merely had a sip of a small ale mi lud.

• Haha 1

He previously stated when Partygate was headline news that he would not resign if he was fined for a breach of lockdown rules. Johnson has not one jot of shame in his gross body and doesn't do resigning.

35 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Apparently he isnt one of them.😉🍾

I merely had a sip of a small ale mi lud.

If he was there, he has to be one of them. I don't think its down to the drink. I think the law was clear that being there was enough.

But he will not resign as Barry has said. He was use semantics to us but will it work with his MPs or the electorate in May. Will that word May come back to haunt him just as Howe came back to murder Thatcher.

1 minute ago, Barry Brockes said:

He previously stated when Partygate was headline news that he would not resign if he was fined for a breach of lockdown rules. Johnson has not one jot of shame in his gross body and doesn't do resigning.

Quite. It is a cliché that he doesn't think the rules apply to him, but he really really does not. His whole life is a catalogue not just of ignoring the rules but getting away with it, so the surprise would be if he didn't continue to think and act like that.

This is just the first tranche of cases but the interesting thing to look for is whether any of these cases refer to parties BoJo is known to have attended. The other point is that Cummings et al have sensibly held off releasing more pix, because of the Ukraine war, but there are apparently much worse - from BoJo's point of view - examples to come.

But from the point of view of Labour and the other opposition  parties the longer this charlatan stays PM the better. Right up to the next election would be best.

34 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Quite. It is a cliché that he doesn't think the rules apply to him, but he really really does not. His whole life is a catalogue not just of ignoring the rules but getting away with it, so the surprise would be if he didn't continue to think and act like that.

This is just the first tranche of cases but the interesting thing to look for is whether any of these cases refer to parties BoJo is known to have attended. The other point is that Cummings et al have sensibly held off releasing more pix, because of the Ukraine war, but there are apparently much worse - from BoJo's point of view - examples to come.

But from the point of view of Labour and the other opposition  parties the longer this charlatan stays PM the better. Right up to the next election would be best.

Think that's precisely what Cummings has in mind. Hold it as late as possible, then try to kibosh the election in a somewhat Enoch Powell 1974 moment.

On early evidence the tories are ramping up the culture war bollox and their main target will be trans issues. 

• Like 1

A friend of mine got a parking ticket last week, they have genuinely written to the council saying this should not apply and does not matter as there is to much other stuff going on in the world so can it be dropped. Like me that person voted Tory all their life.

• Like 3

So the fat get, who must jog for the cameras, attacks Ian Blackford over his weight. He really is the worst PM we have ever had and I despised Thatcher.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

So the fat get, who must jog for the cameras, attacks Ian Blackford over his weight. He really is the worst PM we have ever had and I despised Thatcher.

Pot, kettle and black - should have replied ‘ who are you to tell me that you fat b****** ‘

It doesn't help that the Speaker is a totally ineffectual, cap-doffing, northern stereotype totally in awe of the job he's stumbled into. 🤣

Apples

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Mr Apples said:

It doesn't help that the Speaker is a totally ineffectual, cap-doffing, northern stereotype totally in awe of the job he's stumbled into. 🤣

Apples

He's terrible isn't he. Weak and ineffective. Bercow was the complete opposite but went too far. Someone in the middle of those two would be great.

• Like 2

Oh dear, looks like Dishy Rishi is quickly moving to Pishy Rishi and going all in to sabotage his leadership bid...now playing the victim and comparing himself to Will Smith. 🤣

What a guy.

Apples

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Herman said:

They've just sold off a massive chunk of the National Grid.😲

That's a shock, who pulled the plug.

4 hours ago, Mr Apples said:

Oh dear, looks like Dishy Rishi is quickly moving to Pishy Rishi and going all in to sabotage his leadership bid...now playing the victim and comparing himself to Will Smith. 🤣

What a guy.

Apples

He comes across as a bit woke. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Vote Conservative-You'll Never Get Better

During the Jeremy Thorpe trial the " Vote Liberal or we shoot your dog" was a real classic.😁

24 minutes ago, ricardo said:

During the Jeremy Thorpe trial the " Vote Liberal or we shoot your dog" was a real classic.😁

I was in NZ then so missed all that.

One of my favourites was an Abraham Lincoln one. I assume it was for his re-election.

Don't swap Horses in the middle of the stream.

They had a sense of humour even then.

Good news for Norfolk:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/boris-johnson-losing-countryside-support-as-rural-voters-desert-tories-in-droves/ar-AAVNmCz?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=a45325ee97e942099c540252d721f8e6

A poll for the Country Land and Business Association shows voters in rural areas are deserting Boris Johnson in droves.

The Survation survey of Cornwall, Cumbria, North Yorkshire, Norfolk and Gwynedd, Wales found that 36% of voters in the countryside now intend to vote Labour at next month’s local elections, two points behind the Tory vote share.

That is a 7.5% swing to Keir Starmer ’s party.

10 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Mogg tries to take us all for idiots, of course he knew you t***.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60980892

The longer we have to put up with Rees Mogg and his Victorian picture of the UK, the further we will become divided.

He actually still thinks its the late 19th century. Except they didn't have hedge funds then.

One more step from Putin's authoritarian playbook -  if you can't control the output of publicly owned media, shut them down or sell them to your friends. Hey Rupert - are you interested?

Chan 4.jpg

Edited by Surfer
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Surfer said:

One more step from Putin's authoritarian playbook -  if you can't control the output of publicly owned media, shut them down or sell them to your friends. Hey Rupert - are you interested?

Chan 4.jpg

The fascist playbook.