A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

4 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I'm not sure but I think it may add to the Reform vote allowing Labour to narrowly win seats it would otherwise have lost. 

Flip side of that is that it could harm Labour in some areas more traditionally Labour as well.

Ashfield, Anderson’s seat, a good example. Never been Tory before, became Tory  solely on a Brexit/immigration vote. Highly unlikely they’ll vote Tory again I suspect, but some may now vote Remain rather than Labour.

That said, most of his constituents seem to think he’s a bit of a plonker, so I’d be surprised if his defection makes much impact anywhere.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Aggy said:

Flip side of that is that it could harm Labour in some areas more traditionally Labour as well.

Ashfield, Anderson’s seat, a good example. Never been Tory before, became Tory  solely on a Brexit/immigration vote. Highly unlikely they’ll vote Tory again I suspect, but some may now vote Remain rather than Labour.

That said, most of his constituents seem to think he’s a bit of a plonker, so I’d be surprised if his defection makes much impact anywhere.

A bit of a plonker you say.....🤣

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Herman said:

A bit of a plonker you say.....🤣

Not the first of such ilk to hide behind a flag...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Prints available for 30p from @RADARTABS

Jesus no. One look is too much.

I prefer this one, allegedly it is the original before Kate edited it.

IMG_0100.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Herman said:

GIY8M4UWsAE1upM.thumb.jpg.eeef5337a9c58b313cf46ac509167c96.jpg

Wait, what's Roy Walker doing in the middle - do we say what we see??? It's fast, it's furious, it's the Ready Money Round!

4 hours ago, Herman said:

Blimey, they are a grim bunch of scumbags. 🤮

Certainly are - I've always thought that Angela Rayner should have stuck to her guns after calling the Tories out as scum a couple of years ago (or more?).

That she was spot on then has become ever clearer since and it appears to be a continuing and ongoing process. You have to hope that there are still some decent Tories somewhere but hardly any, it seems, in the HoC or in the Tory Party as members or donors.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Certainly are - I've always thought that Angela Rayner should have stuck to her guns after calling the Tories out as scum a couple of years ago (or more?).

That she was spot on then has become ever clearer since and it appears to be a continuing and ongoing process. You have to hope that there are still some decent Tories somewhere but hardly any, it seems, in the HoC or in the Tory Party as members or donors.

Kemi Badenoch, Minister of State for women and equality has yet to make a comment about the Tory donor who wants to shoot a black woman. 

Posted (edited)

What a couple of weeks, first Galloway winning in Rochdale, now this!

The whole Lee Anderson fiasco has massively blown up in Rishi's and the Tories faces. Their poll numbers are now going to be damaged even further with Reform likely picking up more support as mouthpiece Anderson in Parliament will inevitably get more air time now. A pie-in-the-face decision that they let this bloke hold the position of Vice Chair of the Conversatives considering he was under a Labour ticket not long ago, with a patchy record of evicting travellers with a privately hired digger 😂

It gives the feeling of a very similar situation to ~10 years ago look at when Carswell and Reckless left The Tories for UKIP, skewing the poll numbers as Tories were scared of haemoraging votes over the EU issue and Cameron's failed negotiations with Brussels. That was one of the catalysts in Cameron calling the EU referendum shortly after winning the 2015 GE, his arrogance in winning the 2014 Scottish IndyRef and the 2015GE thought he could squash the Brexit issue and mute the UKIP/Farage threat for at least a generation.

On 11/03/2024 at 12:00, dylanisabaddog said:

I'm not sure but I think it may add to the Reform vote allowing Labour to narrowly win seats it would otherwise have lost. 

Totally agree with that.

The only winner out of this debacle at this year's GE will be Labour, as they will scoop up some easy extra seats as Reform will siphon votes from the already very weak Tories. Barring any own goals, Labour should easily win a hundred plus majority with what's going on.

Edited by TheRock

4 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Kemi Badenoch, Minister of State for women and equality has yet to make a comment about the Tory donor who wants to shoot a black woman. 

She got there in the end. A bit late but nevermind.... 

SNP renounce Independence. Announce plan to expand borders. England is ripe for the plucking. Vote SNP for Norfolk South

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Herman said:

She got there in the end. A bit late but nevermind.... 

Extraordinary. 15 minutes earlier she refused to describe the comments as racist. I suspect there was a phone call from number 10 telling her she was looking a bit stupid. 

Last night reported that Graham Brady requested private meeting with Sunak. 

Oh Dear. Surely not again.....

3 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Extraordinary. 15 minutes earlier she refused to describe the comments as racist. I suspect there was a phone call from number 10 telling her she was looking a bit stupid. 

Her phone line must be red hot then.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Last night reported that Graham Brady requested private meeting with Sunak. 

Oh Dear. Surely not again.....

Oh what! Another one?! 

Where is a video of the lady from Bristol when you need it? 

Just heard an interesting comment on the radio. A political commentator said the Tory donation story in the Guardian was so huge that he had initially wondered why they hadn't left it till nearer the election. He concluded that it must be that there is probably a lot more to come. 

I keep having this thought of Sunak or Gove starring into the mirror on the wall about to give their new myopic definition of extremism.

Mirror mirror on the wall - Who is the fairest one of all ?

It's SKS it answers!

Cheers

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

PMQs will be fun. 

Maybe not. 😩

Edited by Herman

The right wing extremeists were not even brave enough to allow Abbot to speak. Maybe it’s time to change their colours from Blue to Yellow, the cowards.

To think I have spent all my life giving my vote to this party. Whether you agree or not, they supported my views and values. I no longer recognise these people and their values and extremes. And with my tin hat on I have to say I include Maggie in that.

Its time for an election and to be fair I don’t even care if SKS cannot improve the basics as long as he doesn’t try to turn person against person, making people hate each other.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Well b back said:

The right wing extremeists were not even brave enough to allow Abbot to speak. Maybe it’s time to change their colours from Blue to Yellow, the cowards.

To think I have spent all my life giving my vote to this party. Whether you agree or not, they supported my views and values. I no longer recognise these people and their values and extremes. And with my tin hat on I have to say I include Maggie in that.

Its time for an election and to be fair I don’t even care if SKS cannot improve the basics as long as he doesn’t try to turn person against person, making people hate each other.

There were some very good speeches yesterday from Tory black MPs - basically stating Abbotts politics were irrelevant. She was the first such MP - and made it possible for all the others including them to follow.  They called out the racism and misogyny immediately.

There were no ifs, buts or excuses for the comments. Nor was the apology given for racism. 

Edited by Yellow Fever

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

They drifted away from you. They didn't necessarily support your views and values after all. They just went all in for themselves. I moved away from them as soon as Johnson started his purge as whilst the destination might not have been absolutely clear (but guessable for a fair few), it was clear that a different fraction was taking the controls.

You couldn’t write it, ‘ people losing confidence with the speaker ‘ Oh but hang on all those that didn’t support him after the Gaza vote, now support him as he stopped Abbot putting her question.

A complete bunch of hypocritical morons, no wonder our country is in such a mess, with a load of f****** children running it.