Alex Moss

Linked with a Danish midfielder...

1 minute ago, Herman said:

Nah, he plays like he's running through clear syrup. Known to go stale really quickly.

Let’s hope not! 😉

Lots of transfer activity already. Almost like the club seems to know what it’s doing..... shhhhh!!! 🤫

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Lots of transfer activity already. Almost like the club seems to know what it’s doing..... shhhhh!!! 🤫

Targets identified January/February I imagine, if not before. Hence DFs comments about new faces.

35 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Great innovative move from the club, I’ll be clapping harder than Paris Hilton’s y-fronts as ever

Quoting literally only out of respect for Disney-level 'jokes the kids won't understand' subversion. Bravo.

55 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

Let me guess, he's 5'8", has a slight build, is technically very good, can pass nicely but is not particularly mobile?

Ironically almost the complete opposite, apparently.

• Like 1

When we come to the end of a very disappointing season it is easy and understandable for many to become cynical, but this management team pound for pound have made many good and astute signings albeit i accept not last season, but there again we had nothing to spend. Many moaned about Pukki signing as a freebie from the Danish league, but Danes have often done well in British football in the top 2 Divisions for many years. In principle a good signing if it happens at a nominal price no doubt, clearly   how good he will be only time will tell, but good age and has had international recognition so he must have something about him and in a position we desperately need to fill

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

And it looks like a done deal to me. So the news just gets worse and worse...😜

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Yorkshire Canary said:

When we come to the end of a very disappointing season it is easy and understandable for many to become cynical, but this management team pound for pound have made many good and astute signings albeit i accept not last season, but there again we had nothing to spend. Many moaned about Pukki signing as a freebie from the Danish league, but Danes have often done well in British football in the top 2 Divisions for many years. In principle a good signing if it happens at a nominal price no doubt, clearly   how good he will be only time will tell, but good age and has had international recognition so he must have something about him and in a position we desperately need to fill

I would imagine that asking prices won't be a particular problem. But where we ought to really have an advantage lies in the type of deals we can provide. A lot like the Pritchard deal years ago. We can bring more pulling power in what kind of offer we may make to aspiring footballers.

Plus we can always send them a DVD of the previous season!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hogesar said:

We need a good strong midfielder. As ever, my glass is half full.

55 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Why is he not signing for Real Madrid? 🤔

Because he's just been relegated from the Danish league. Though when Buendia was on loan he got relegated from the Spanish second tier.

2 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Because he's just been relegated from the Danish league. Though when Buendia was on loan he got relegated from the Spanish second tier.

I think you've missed my point.

The post that I quoted contained a tweet which implied that this lad was the complete midfielder who could do everything.

15 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

At least the club have identified our weak areas. I get the feeling he will be replacing Mclean.

Tettey?

8 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Tettey?

I can’t see him leaving and Mclean has been linked to rangers. I’d imagine Sitti is Tetteys replacement 

3 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Odense

I call fairytale on that one Duncano.

Birthplace of H C Anderson.

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Will we ever sign a centreback?

Not before the transfer window opens. Patience Cambo patience.

15 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

I can’t see him leaving and Mclean has been linked to rangers. I’d imagine Sitti is Tetteys replacement 

Unless Rangers sold someone am not sure they could afford him. His wages will be decent here and we won't let him go easily as he is our best all round cm.

2 hours ago, Icecream Snow said:

Shuck enough oysters, you'll find a Pearl. And eat well in the meantime. 

Edited by wcorkcanary

47 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

You could be right. This Sørensen lad also has some eye for goal so McLean would make sense. The box to box type perhaps.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

I don't think there will be just one replacement for Tettey if Webber has learned the Amadou lesson.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I don't think there will be just one replacement for Tettey if Webber has learned the Amadou lesson.

I know there was a little joke a while back on this player Purple. Yet, given this very decent article I wonder whether we may see him as one of those forcing his way into the squad?

ASN article: Tomkinson continues to improve after moving to Norwich City

http://americansoccernow.com/articles/tomkinson-continues-to-improve-after-moving-to-norwich-city

8 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Could be Gilmours opportunity too

2 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Could be Gilmours opportunity too

Gilmour should definitely be around. He had 20 or so games with Telstar I believe and before was well respected as a youngster at Arsenal before we scouted him.

Sending him out last year to get first team football seems as if it might be an omen, given our way of preparing younger players. 

1 minute ago, sonyc said:

Gilmour should definitely be around. He had 20 or so games with Telstar I believe and before was well respected as a youngster at Arsenal before we scouted him.

Sending him out last year to get first team football seems as if it might be an omen, given our way of preparing younger players. 

I love it, it’s the part of the project I can get behind. We seem to be hovering around the arsenal youth team a lot! There’s interest in a right back too, arsenal fans like him too, as they did with Gilmour! It’s going to be interesting this summer, the freshening up and apparently money to spend, we may come back stronger, or we may not. But the Leitners of the world aren’t contributing anything and new blood is needed.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sonyc said:

I know there was a little joke a while back on this player Purple. Yet, given this very decent article I wonder whether we may see him as one of those forcing his way into the squad?

http://americansoccernow.com/articles/tomkinson-continues-to-improve-after-moving-to-norwich-city

Indeed! Or perhaps Gilmour, as Dr G says. My point is that defensive central midfielder is such a crucial position (especially the way we defend...) and the assumption has to be that Tettey will not be fit enough to start any games next season (I hope he is, of course). So we need at least two such players, with at least one of them good enough and attuned enough to English football to be thrown into the Championship straight away.

One of the reasons why Farke has been having such trouble picking a settled team, with odd formations, is that he doesn't have a proper spine, including lacking a fit and reliable DCM.

Edited by PurpleCanary

Just now, Dr Greenthumb said:

I love it, it’s the part of the project I can get behind. We seem to be hovering around the arsenal youth team a lot! There’s interest in a right back too, arsenal fans like him too, as they did with Gilmour! It’s going to be interesting this summer, the freshening up and apparently money to spend, we may come back stronger, or we may not. But the Leitners of the world aren’t contributing anything and new blood is needed.

Completely agree. We have to look forward now. I've almost had enough of the picking over of our season, the grievances and general misery. We knew what might happen and unfortunately, it has. Yet, we have had a decent policy now for the last few years of selecting younger players to break into the squad. Look at Max Todd and Jamal. If we happen to secure an experienced hand too, who knows. Yet Hanley, Krul and maybe Alex T for example might still be around too.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sonyc said:

So Tomkinson (is there a less American name than Jonathan Tomkinson BTW?) used to play in midfield but is now a CB. What are the chances of someone on here suggesting he should play as CDM? 

1 minute ago, PurpleCanary said:

Indeed! Or perhaps Gilmour, as Dr G says. My point is that defensive central midfielder is such a crucial position (especially the way we defend...) and the assumption has to be that Tettey will not be fit enough to start any games next season (I hope he is, of course). So we need at least two such players, with at least one of them good enough and attuned enough to english football to be thrown into the Championship straight away.

One of the reasons why Farke has been having such trouble picking a settled team, with odd formations, is that he doesn't have a proper spine, including lacking a fit and reliable DCM.

Ah! The old spine. Much maligned but still, as a concept, it holds so true. We haven't had one have we this year? Skeleton-less (rather than spineless perhaps). It's a good metaphor for our recent performances.

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

So Tomkinson (is there a less American name than Jonathan Tomkinson BTW?) used to play in midfield but is now a CB. What are the chances of someone on here suggesting he should play as CDM? 

I thought the same. In the photos he looks to have the height. Interesting too that he needed to toughen up and has been training hard to become more resilient. In that article I got the sense he is a self-starter which was gratifying to read.