dylanisabaddog

Solicitor on Radio 5 this morning

2 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

We are not using the pandemic to try and avoid relegation. Our clubs has said they want to play.

The question though is what happens if it transpires that we can't play, at either championship level, Prem level or both. 

In that scenario, the season cannot be completed and the default position should be that the season is abandoned and results are expunged. If that is not to happen then any compromise involving PPG should be agreed by all clubs (not just a 51% majority most of whom will have a vested interest) and should not include relegation.

In short - reward failure.

Its already been agreed, it is happening, best get used to it, no amount of squealing or barrel scraping is going to change that now.

53 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

So getting back to the topic (and ignoring the fact that the Leeds fan makes a very valid point, although in an impolite manner), it shouldn't be any surprise that "a solicitor" will say that there is a possibility of legal action. There is always such a possibility, on which solicitors earn very nice fees.

In this case, however, if 14 clubs vote for it there is absolutely no possibility of any legal action succeeding - you probably won't get a solicitor to admit that, but it's true. Everyone signs up to the PL's terms when they join.

So I'm afraid I agree with the Leeds fan - we survive on the pitch, or we go down. Those really are the only options and no amount of solicitors opinions will change it.

The premier leagues terms say there will be 38 games with 2 home fixtures and 2 away fixtures against each team. If the season is curtailed those rules will need to be changed, If those rules are changed, mid season, in a manner that or with a result that some clubs are unfairly prejudiced then i disagree with your view that "there is absolutely no possibility of any legal action succeeding." I think there would be at least an arguable claim. 

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

We are not using the pandemic to try and avoid relegation. Our clubs has said they want to play.

The question though is what happens if it transpires that we can't play, at either championship level, Prem level or both. 

In that scenario, the season cannot be completed and the default position should be that the season is abandoned and results are expunged. If that is not to happen then any compromise involving PPG should be agreed by all clubs (not just a 51% majority most of whom will have a vested interest) and should not include relegation.

Exactly.

As I've put on here previously, there is a lot of positioning taking place at the moment and the tone used now is nowhere near as strong as it was initially about promotion and relegation.

Let's face it, as usual Leeds are desperate to get promoted, financially without it they are doomed and the FFP brigade will be all over them.

If they go up they'll end up overspending on players not worth the money as they'll get overly excited much like our new friend on here.

Villa needed to spend £150m, Leeds will need considerably more as apart from Phillips none of their team would get in to ours and if that makes us poor, then we'll get the last laugh when they return to sender.

As for PPG, if it's true that there is a free pass to promotion then we will quickly see that the Championship will be deemed to difficult to restart quickly, if they try and finish it then I would suggest completion is absolutely needed to force promotion and relegation.

7 minutes ago, Lowfields1919 said:

Before null and void was taken off the table, was this their stance? well....... was it???

Of course you want to play on now, all of a sudden it is perfectly safe to do so, wonder why that is???

It's held as pretty common knowledge that null and void was never actually 'on the table'. Our clear public stance is that we want to play on if it's safe.

This isn't really about that anyway. What this is, is the mighty Leeds getting sweaty (it is your time of the year for that, after all) and taking out their insecurities on insignificant Norwich for totally not being as cool or special as them.

jonny-howson-norwich-leeds_3290700.jpg

9 minutes ago, Lowfields1919 said:

How noble, now null and void has been taken off the table.

Incredibly sporting gesture.

Null and void should not be off the table by the way. It should be the default option if sporting integrity is at play. Unfortunately money, liverpool and no doubt poltics at the FA/EFL have intervened inappropriately. 

1 minute ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Exactly.

As I've put on here previously, there is a lot of positioning taking place at the moment and the tone used now is nowhere near as strong as it was initially about promotion and relegation.

Let's face it, as usual Leeds are desperate to get promoted, financially without it they are doomed and the FFP brigade will be all over them.

If they go up they'll end up overspending on players not worth the money as they'll get overly excited much like our new friend on here.

Villa needed to spend £150m, Leeds will need considerably more as apart from Phillips none of their team would get in to ours and if that makes us poor, then we'll get the last laugh when they return to sender.

As for PPG, if it's true that there is a free pass to promotion then we will quickly see that the Championship will be deemed to difficult to restart quickly, if they try and finish it then I would suggest completion is absolutely needed to force promotion and relegation.

What a special kind of idiot you are.

Go on then........ explain how we are "doomed" if we don't get promoted? Show us all some proof how we have somehow overspent the FFP rules?

I can absolutely guarantee you the exact opposite, Leeds are a very well run ship these days - all the figures are out there if you want to go down that route???

Just because Villa needed to spend 150 million, how does that mean Leeds have too??, could they ....... you know.......... possibly made some terrible financial decisions/signings?

You can "suggest" all you like but I somehow think the decision that has been made will not be changed due to Rich T the biscuit of the Norwich forum suggesting it should.

Again, I refer you to this article....... go on criticise it.......

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/ceo-reveals-leeds-united-view-championship-curtailment-covid-19-testing-and-potential-national-embarrassment-2861324

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

Maybe they’ll follow our example and spend £750,000 on their top signing. 

Don't be silly.

Remember last time they were there and how much they spent and where it got them.

They'll be like a kid in a sweet shop, won't be able to control themselves.

1 minute ago, Lowfields1919 said:

What a special kind of idiot you are.

Go on then........ explain how we are "doomed" if we don't get promoted? Show us all some proof how we have somehow overspent the FFP rules?

I can absolutely guarantee you the exact opposite, Leeds are a very well run ship these days - all the figures are out there if you want to go down that route???

Just because Villa needed to spend 150 million, how does that mean Leeds have too??, could they ....... you know.......... possibly made some terrible financial decisions/signings?

You can "suggest" all you like but I somehow think the decision that has been made will not be changed due to Rich T the biscuit of the Norwich forum suggesting it should.

Again, I refer you to this article....... go on criticise it.......

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/ceo-reveals-leeds-united-view-championship-curtailment-covid-19-testing-and-potential-national-embarrassment-2861324

🎣😂🤣😂🤣

59 minutes ago, Lowfields1919 said:

Leeds - Bielsa.

Villa - Dean Smith.

Ill leave that there.

Leeds with cheat Bielsa last season? -Bottled it and stayed down.

Villa with Smith? - Promoted. 

The fact remains that if the seasons aren’t complete it is impossible to say what might have happened, with a quarter of matches to be played. Calling league positions final or using PPG calculations is ridiculous.  Football is and should always be played out on the pitch.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lowfields1919 said:

In short - reward failure.

Its already been agreed, it is happening, best get used to it, no amount of squealing or barrel scraping is going to change that now.

Its not been agreed by anyone. The FA made an inappropriate intervention a couple of weeks ago to try and force the premier league's hand (interested in why they did that - may be worth looking at a bit more closely) but nothing has been agreed on this. Ultimately if any proposal by the premier league to rellegate on PPG were found to be unlawful then the FA could not force them down that road.

As has been said, most likely irrelevant as the games will get played but I will not ever accept that relegating teams on PPG is fair or reasonable when those clubs have a chance of staying up.

Nobody has failed yet and nobody has succeeded yet, not even you lot. 

Villa had to spend big to make all the loan players they wanted to keep permanently. Surely if only one Leeds player would make our starting X1 we wouldn’t be bottom. 

3 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Don't be silly.

Remember last time they were there and how much they spent and where it got them.

They'll be like a kid in a sweet shop, won't be able to control themselves.

Aye, cos the financial decisions Peter Ridsdale made 17 years ago are totally relevant today.

Smart assumption.

3 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Leeds with cheat Bielsa last season? -Bottled it and stayed down.

Villa with Smith? - Promoted. 

The fact remains that if the seasons aren’t complete it is impossible to say what might have happened, with a quarter of matches to be played. Calling league positions final or using PPG calculations is ridiculous.  Football is and should always be played out on the pitch.  

Christ..................

Be thankful it is going to be, looking forward to it.

5 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

🎣😂🤣😂🤣

Argh right, you were fishing.

Of course you were, put in your place........ and you were simply fishing.😂

Argh right, you were fishing.

Of course you were, put in your place........ and you were simply fishing.😂

I'm fishing because most of what you have said if speculation but you state it like fact.

Appreciate you've only come on here for a wind up so I'll enjoy that and return the favour.

But if you are going to come on for a proper conversation then great let's have one but when you state things about Leeds players and managers being honourable I struggle to take you seriously, that's just laughable 🤦‍♂️

22 minutes ago, Lowfields1919 said:

Before null and void was taken off the table, was this their stance? well....... was it???

Of course you want to play on now, all of a sudden it is perfectly safe to do so, wonder why that is???

Totally incorrect, Daniel Farke mentioned this long before it was ‘taken off the table’. And whilst we’re at it, us staying up by cancelling the season would be no different to you getting promoted without completing the season - you’d be torn to shreds whilst everyone knew you never really earned promotion 👍🏼

Personally, if the league couldn’t be completed I’d be very happy indeed to play Leeds in a playoff - it’d be a fresh and stark reminder how superior our team is to yours. 

• Like 1

Give the guy a break, he’s never seen his team play in the top flight before,  I’m sure he’s very excited about it.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Lowfields1919 said:

Of course I would be concerned if it looked like we were to be relegated, christ knows as a Leeds fan we have had more than our share of downs.

But........ I wouldn't descend to the desperate attempts of avoiding relegation that these clubs in the premier league currently are, to be honest its quite sickening.

If I was a Notwich fan, and I am being genuine here - I would much rather be relegated fairly, than play another season in the Premier league because the season got "cancelled".

You would be reminded of it at every game, it would be frankly embarrassing.

Far better to go down with your head held high IMHO.

This is the echo chamber you were talking about.

Whenever anybody connected with Norwich have been asked (Management, players, fans etc) they have all said , let's play the games when it is safe. That's the honorable way. You're making it up, or have the opinion of one or two 'fans' of our Club, to justify your moral crusade.

You're using the Sky money talk to validate your rant. That is shameful in itself and tells us far more about you than us. Integrity of the game, my ****. You may be panicking that any delays to getting the games restarted, means that next season, and subsequent competitions will have to be delayed (and that will lose the EPL etc money, quelle surprise). Time may be your enemy, and who's fault will that be? The Virus/Legal appeals/Morals/Bottom 6 team's fans?

I think you also need to be worried, as Leeds are such a big Club, that Championship Clubs will obviously vote to keep you in the League, so they can reap the rewards of hosting you and your fellow fans once a season. Likewise Premier League Clubs will vote to keep Norwich in the Prem as they will see that as an easy  6 points , by the time the next season gets going.

You must be going apoplectic on the Villa/ Bournemouth/West Ham forums.

What have the fans etc of Clubs positioned below West Brom been saying, especially those just outside the play off positions?

Let's be honest, had the season played out normally there's a 95% chance we'd have been relegated. If you could somehow pause, save and reload the season from mid-March 20 times, chances are we'd put a run together, win five of our final nine and survive once.

But the fact that we haven't been given the chance means it's unfair to relegate anyone. Had the season been stopped in September, would there be a clamour to end the season on PPG? What about November? January? Where do you draw the line? There's nothing in the rules so you can't really put your finger in the air and decide now.

The fairest solution is void, which is what the non-league game has done, but there are obviously more complicated, and mostly financial, reasons why that can't happen in the Premier League such as deciding European places and prize money. The logical alternative is to declare PPG for deciding European qualification and then scrapping relegation. I understand this is incredibly harsh on some clubs, such as Leeds who looked like they were finally going to scramble over the line, but enforcing relegation on clubs such as ourselves, Villa and one of Bournemouth or West Ham is even less fair.

If a match gets abandoned after 70 minutes with one team 2-1 up, do you just call it as a 2-1 win because one team were 'likely' to win? No, you replay it from scratch.

• Like 1

Just now, Rich T The Biscuit said:

I'm fishing because most of what you have said if speculation but you state it like fact.

Appreciate you've only come on here for a wind up so I'll enjoy that and return the favour.

But if you are going to come on for a proper conversation then great let's have one but when you state things about Leeds players and managers being honourable I struggle to take you seriously, that's just laughable 🤦‍♂️

What have I said that is speculation?

I haven't come here for a wind up, ive come here to put the record straight and give an alternative view to the echo chamber.

Read the first few posts on this thread before I entered, the majority are inaccurate and quite frankly ridiculous.

It is an echo chamber after all, try coming out of it and seeing it from the other side for once.

Anyway keep em coming, I'm confident I can keep batting em away.

1 minute ago, JF said:

Give the guy a break, he’s never seen his team play in the top flight before,  I’m sure he’s very excited about it.

Regular occurrence for us, would be a real novelty for him/her/both

Whilst I know it doesn;t fit with the sparring in this thread i think Leeds would probably do ok in the prem next season if they get up. Not saying they won;t be in the relegation mix but they will be competitive (as we have been despite the impression the table may give). They perhaps don;t have the technical ability that our promotion side had but they have the extra phsyicality that we have perhaps lacked at times and I think would be more discplined defensively. Kind of a cross between us and Shef U.

All of which is irrelevant to the issue of whether teams should be promoted or relegated on PPG if the season is curtailed but lets not try and pretend they don;t have the basis of a decent team there, just as we do.

3 minutes ago, JF said:

Seen them many times mate, even been all over Europe in my time watching them.

I haven't come here for a wind up, ive come here to put the record straight and give an alternative view to the echo chamber.

Read the first few posts on this thread before I entered, the majority are inaccurate and quite frankly ridiculous.

It is an echo chamber after all, try coming out of it and seeing it from the other side for once.

Well, you've convinced me. I'm a Leeds fan now.

Where do I sign for my tinpot 'salute' and sense of beleaguered entitlement?

I'm off to a QPR forum to tell their fans how wrong they are about stuff

2 minutes ago, Lowfields1919 said:

The majority are opinion as it's a discussion board and like every other football fan in the country not one of us actually knows that has been agreed or not, not even you.

For the record I couldn't care any less about us getting relegated or about you being promoted as long as it's done on the pitch and you can send me as many local news stories as you like about the Leeds as you like but I believe the press even less than I believe what you're going to tell me.

You lost my respect when you claim honourable Leeds, you're anything but honourable.

Was Bielsa honourable when he went spying, was Klich honourable when he scored a goal when the team stopped due to an injury, was Jansson honourable when he tried to tackle the guy who was told to score the equaliser, is Bamford honourable when he falls over to win free kicks, please do tell?

1 hour ago, Lowfields1919 said:

But using a global pandemic to desperately try to avoid what was coming is pathetic, and everyone sees through it.

No-one is doing that. 

It is simply a case of why the heck should anyone get promoted or anyone be relegated when the season has not been completed. To promote or relegate anyone when they still have games to play is grossly unfair on those other teams chasing promotion and the bottom three teams who still have it in their power to get up the table.  

Null and void would be a clumsy way to finish it, PPG is no better and finishing the games is the ONLY fair way of doing it.  The PL will probably do that and Norwich will get the chance to play their way out of trouble, so the PL will finish as it should, but the Championship looks f**ked.

If Leeds and WBA and some arbitary decision made for a 3rd club to come up - it will be a travesty. To get promoted the last few weeks are the hardest - and to be promoted without having to go though that stage would be empty of glory - a hollow promotion devoid of any joy or satisfaction - and if that happens I hope the three clubs promoted would show some humility in the situation.

I can see it now - Leeds fans crowing about getting promoted and celebrating wildly with their wet dream of a promotion where they didn't have to fight for every point to the last to get over the line - but the truth is that if Leeds or any club are invited to play in the PL next season without fulfilling the playing commitments of 46 games and playing everyone twice, it will be an embarrassment. 

1 minute ago, Mason 47 said:

Well, you've convinced me. I'm a Leeds fan now.

Where do I sign for my tinpot 'salute' and sense of beleaguered entitlement?

I'm off to a QPR forum to tell their fans how wrong they are about stuff

Is that it?

Is that really the best you have got?

Faced with facts, and a challenge to argue the said facts, you resort to that.

Bravo, lol.

Just now, Lowfields1919 said:

Seen them many times mate, even been all over Europe in my time watching them.

Wow incredible, I suppose watching them in a bar in Magaluf is one way of avoiding paying for a TV licence

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

No-one is doing that. 

It is simply a case of why the heck should anyone get promoted or anyone be relegated when the season has not been completed. To promote or relegate anyone when they still have games to play is grossly unfair on those other teams chasing promotion and the bottom three teams who still have it in their power to get up the table.  

Null and void would be a clumsy way to finish it, PPG is no better and finishing the games is the ONLY fair way of doing it.  The PL will probably do that and Norwich will get the chance to play their way out of trouble, so the PL will finish as it should, but the Championship looks f**ked.

If Leeds and WBA and some arbitary decision made for a 3rd club to come up - it will be a travesty. To get promoted the last few weeks are the hardest - and to be promoted without having to go though that stage would be empty of glory - a hollow promotion devoid of any joy or satisfaction - and if that happens I hope the three clubs promoted would show some humility in the situation.

I can see it now - Leeds fans crowing about getting promoted and celebrating wildly with their wet dream of a promotion where they didn't have to fight for every point to the last to get over the line - but the truth is that if Leeds or any club are invited to play in the PL next season without fulfilling the playing commitments of 46 games and playing everyone twice, it will be an embarrassment.