dylanisabaddog

Solicitor on Radio 5 this morning

On 22/05/2020 at 18:25, Thirsty Lizard said:

Still the funniest football video out there................

A man ahead of his time - Suggett wasn't interfering in play and didn't score, so wasn't offside by today's rules.

Should he have been offside by the rules of the game at that time then?  The commentator seemed to blame the ref for hesitating,  not the Leeds players for not playing to the whistle!

On 22/05/2020 at 10:39, Lowfields1919 said:

Leeds - Bielsa.

Villa - Dean Smith.

Ill leave that there.

Yeah, one won the 18/19 Championship play off final, the other fell apart against Frank Lampard's Derby.

It's funny getting lectures on morality from Leeds fans.

Patrick Bamford pretends to have been hit in the face to get Villa player sent off.

not forgetting Bielsa, spygate and their £200k fine

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/leeds-fine-spygate-law-marcelo-bielsa-derby-frank-lampard-efl-a8785536.html

and all of that is nothing compared to the bribery allegations against Don Revie

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2007/nov/25/football.newsstory

• Haha 1

That's the point I lost the desire to partake in a debate with Lowfield, as soon as he takes the words honourable I knew he was just on a wind up.

There aren't many laws honourable in football recently.

Read this thread till about page 3 and then gave up.

Let's be honest, until football is played in front of a full crowd again, it's not a football I would bother with and I know I am not alone.

Unless something dramatic happens in the next couple of months, I thinks that is unlikely until 2021 at the earliest. Even the brightest of scientific minds have no idea what the rest of this year holds for any of us.

Imagine Leeds in the Prem for the first time in years and the whole season is behind closed doors. ?

Ironic that Leeds have waited all these years to get back in the Premier League and most of their one and only season will be BCD!

A  couple of weeks back we had 'Cyan' spouting crap about how he wanted PPG, but as soon as Webber went on Sky saying there should be no promotion from the lower leagues if the season could not be finished he slunk off with his tail between his legs.

Lowfield now tries a different tack, but you can almost smell the desperation. The desperation being Villa will launch the mother of all legal cases blowing PPG out the water, and he knows it.

8 hours ago, Icecream Snow said:

It's funny getting lectures on morality from Leeds fans.

Patrick Bamford pretends to have been hit in the face to get Villa player sent off.

not forgetting Bielsa, spygate and their £200k fine

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/leeds-fine-spygate-law-marcelo-bielsa-derby-frank-lampard-efl-a8785536.html

and all of that is nothing compared to the bribery allegations against Don Revie

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2007/nov/25/football.newsstory

https://www.reddit.com/r/Championship/comments/api6qy/norwich_city_win_the_tom_daley_dive_of_the_season/

7 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Ironic that Leeds have waited all these years to get back in the Premier League and most of their one and only season will be BCD!

A  couple of weeks back we had 'Cyan' spouting crap about how he wanted PPG, but as soon as Webber went on Sky saying there should be no promotion from the lower leagues if the season could not be finished he slunk off with his tail between his legs.

Lowfield now tries a different tack, but you can almost smell the desperation. The desperation being Villa will launch the mother of all legal cases blowing PPG out the water, and he knows it.

Desperation? LOL.

Nah mate, the desperation is all coming from the squealing six in the premier league.

Play your games out, while the rest of the country settles back with a drink to laugh at you all.

7 hours ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

That's the point I lost the desire to partake in a debate with Lowfield, as soon as he takes the words honourable I knew he was just on a wind up.

There aren't many laws honourable in football recently.

You just lost the debate full stop.

That's why "you lost the desire".

18 minutes ago, Lowfields1919 said:

Desperation? LOL.

Nah mate, the desperation is all coming from the squealing six in the premier league.

Play your games out, while the rest of the country settles back with a drink to laugh at you all.

I'm genuinely torn in so many ways, I want to see Leeds back in the PL but being handed promotion wouldn't sit right so I can understand why City fans are rightly unhappy about possibly being relegated without completing the season. Despite what you may think if Leeds don't go up now then they are in trouble both on and off the pitch, Bielsa will be gone along with the better players and the millions in investment that is just sitting there now waiting for promotion will be also be lost.

Another niggle I've had for many years is that most clubs will never be able to compete for the PL title on a regular basis now and being old enough to have seen Leeds do just that I wouldn't want to just be a 'yo-yo' club or a team that's stuck in the middle of the pack like Everton who have spent a fortune over the last decade or so without even getting close. The PL is merely a playground for the super wealthy and makes millionaires of average players most of whom's names will be forgotten after a few seasons.

Next is the lack of fans in grounds both now and probably early next season, football is not the same without the atmosphere that fans create and just being part of the PL money making machine won't make up for that.

Lastly, I find it uncomfortable that so much time, effort and money is being spent on getting football started again when 000's are still dying every day. Close the season, perhaps promote but don't relegate and give the Scousers the title but don't continue the farce that we have now.   

• Like 3

Will the club's votes in the Championship be made public?....lets see if the Leeds chairman puts his money where his mouth is and votes to carry on?

Plenty of Leeds fans on social media platforms now all of a sudden have changed their attitude to a season being curtailed now that PPG is on offer and want their club to vote to end the season and cheat their way to a promotion. Probably because they know there's plenty of scope to bottle it from here....especially now they'll have to play their remaining games at Elland Rd behind closed doors

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

2 hours ago, Lowfields1919 said:

One last time, cos this is a beauty. LOL.......

That is clearly a studs up, leg breaker of a challenge 😁

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lowfields1919 said:

Desperation? LOL.

No one here is biting on your main point. Keep trying though, it's funny.

3 hours ago, Lowfields1919 said:

Desperation? LOL.

So it is PPG you want. Sit back and have a beer while this is going on.....

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/news/leeds-news/sharp-rise-coronavirus-deaths-leeds-18290239

You lot are the lowest of the low.

There is more chance of hitting 50,000 deaths than there is completing the season.  

PPG will be kicked out in the EPL no problem.

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/news/leeds-news/sharp-rise-coronavirus-deaths-leeds-18290239

There is more chance of hitting 50,000 deaths than there is completing the season.  

Of course he wants PPG, any Leeds fan who claims that they would rather risk 'falling apart' than a gimme is a liar, simple.

What they haven't yet worked out is exactly why everyone is being forced to play, I wonder.....

1 hour ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Will the club's votes in the Championship be made public?....lets see if the Leeds chairman puts his money where his mouth is and votes to carry on?

Plenty of Leeds fans on social media platforms now all of a sudden have changed their attitude to a season being curtailed now that PPG is on offer and want their club to vote to end the season and cheat their way to a promotion. Probably because they know there's plenty of scope to bottle it from here....especially now they'll have to play their remaining games at Elland Rd behind closed doors

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/ceo-reveals-leeds-united-view-championship-curtailment-covid-19-testing-and-potential-national-embarrassment-2861324

Yes.

16 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Of course he wants PPG, any Leeds fan who claims that they would rather risk 'falling apart' than a gimme is a liar, simple.

What they haven't yet worked out is exactly why everyone is being forced to play, I wonder.....

I want us to play on.

The club are voting to play on.

Bielsa wants to play on.

We don't want snivelling tossers like you harping on for years to come.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/ceo-reveals-leeds-united-view-championship-curtailment-covid-19-testing-and-potential-national-embarrassment-2861324

Its all there, I notice how you choose to avoid this though.

1 hour ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

The overwhelming vast majority want to play on, whichever way you try to paint it.

We will be the fittest by far when we come back, make no doubts.

Regarding Elland Rd...... personally I think BCD will work to our advantage, the nerves from the crowd won't be there to affect the players.

3 minutes ago, Lowfields1919 said:

I want us to play on.

The club are voting to play on.

Bielsa wants to play on.

We don't want snivelling tossers like you harping on for years to come.

Its all there, I notice how you choose to avoid this though.

FML. How did you lose your other eye?

1 minute ago, Lowfields1919 said:

The overwhelming vast majority want to play on, whichever way you try to paint it.

Regarding Elland Rd...... personally I think BCD will work to our advantage, the nerves from the crowd won't be there to affect the players.

FML Mk2

1 minute ago, Lowfields1919 said:

You mean like the last time we played you there and won 3-1 in a season where you bottled it yet again. 36,000 didn't do you much good that night did it ?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lowfields1919 said:

What a bizarre thing to say in all this.

4 minutes ago, Lowfields1919 said:

That says more about Leeds fans than anything else. You're proving a point here, to the wider football World

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I think I have made my point on this numerous times.

Another of the "people are dying" brigade.

Yes..... people are dying, the country is starting to get back on its feet over the coming weeks and months with all the "non essential" things coming back.

What do you want to do, stay locked in your bedroom for the next 18 months till a vaccine is ready? if there ever will be one.

Stop using the self righteous "people are dying" wail, its not a good look.

8 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

You mean like the last time we played you there and won 3-1 in a season where you bottled it yet again. 36,000 didn't do you much good that night did it ?

Errr............. isn't that the point I was making?

Are you really that thick?

Read it again........ s l o w l y.........

8 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

What a bizarre thing to say in all this.

Why?

Bielsa teams have always been driven by fitness, its been well documented many times.

The players have been given a strict fitness regime throughout all this, weighing in each day etc.

Guarantee other teams will of been lax, you just have to see the excuses in the Premiership (by certain clubs) about how they need more time to get fit.

They are paid to be fit, get on with it.

2 minutes ago, Lowfields1919 said:

Errr............. isn't that the point I was making?

Are you really that thick?

Read it again........ s l o w l y.........

What are you on about as it was exactly what i was saying..........you bottle it in front of a crowd who thought all you have to do is turn up.