dylanisabaddog

Solicitor on Radio 5 this morning

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

Ok fair cop but the truth is that at Christmas in League One we were 8 points behind you but ended up at the end of the season 9 points in front of you. Does that seem better to you that instead of being clear at the top by 11 points we had a 17 point swing in the second half of the season ?

See how this works?

Falsehoods and misinformation spread in an echo chamber and everyone takes it as fact.

You portyraed it as we were top of the league and 11 points clear and then collapsed, we were not, that didn't happen.

Fair play holding your hands up though.

2 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

A solicitor who has extensive football experience was interviewed on Radio 5 Live this morning. Asked if a club would have a legal case if relegated from the Premier League based on an incomplete season his response was "the short answer is yes" 

He had previously said that the legal position if a player catches the virus is unclear and took so long explaining why that they didn't have time to ask him why a relegated club could sue 

It may be the same football lawyer who was interviewed about this more than two months ago, and went on to say that not only would a club have a case but that he put the chances of it succeeding at 50:50.

41 minutes ago, Lowfields1919 said:

Who are you trying to fool, apart from yourself?

You are 6 points adrift with an inferior goal difference of 10 on top of that.

You were going down before all this happened and you know it, and you will still be going down after this is all over - be thankful its going to be played out BCD, because otherwise you were down on PPG.

No amount of squealing, or excuse making is going to change that, just hold your hands up, be honest and admit you have been garbage all season and therefore deserve all that is coming to you.

Using a global pandemic as an excuse to avoid relegation (and keep your share of the TV cash for another season even though you don't deserve that cash) is shameful IMHO, just show a bit of integrity, because looking from the outside it is absolutely pathetic, and the overwhelming vast majority can see right through it.

Nobody at NCFC has said anything other than they want to play the rest of the season...you pathetic lying snivelling wretch.

...and when the season does restart, if anything we've now got a better chance of getting points in this environment.

How many mid table sides of whom we now have to face are really going to be 'up for this' amidst these safety concerns and unatmospheric stadia.

Any of these clubs who were already on the beach now wouldnt even have their own fans in the ground to hold them to account if they dont fancy it and are in anyway halfhearted.

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary
  • Like 2

Just now, Lowfields1919 said:

See how this works?

Falsehoods and misinformation spread in an echo chamber and everyone takes it as fact.

You portyraed it as we were top of the league and 11 points clear and then collapsed, we were not, that didn't happen.

Fair play holding your hands up though.

The point is you totally bottled it that season. We were third and breezed past you in a 17 point turnaround.

7 minutes ago, Lowfields1919 said:

And this is the thing......

There is little to zero concerns for the safety of the players and I suspect the vast majority know this.

Like I said - its just another desperate attempt to "null and void".

Funny how all the concerns are coming from clubs threatened with relegation.

The vast majority of people are back at work now, people with "non essential" jobs have been working throughout.

Its all very transparent, and if you are honest you would admit it too.

Except that can't be true that there is "little to zero concerns" about player safety - if PPG is ultimately used it will be because the leagues can't restart or ultimately can't finish.....because of fears over safety. Every PL club has said they want to play the games, mainly to avoid having to use PPG or any other calculation to finalise the table. 

All Norwich have said is that if we aren't allowed (for safety reasons) to try to play our way out of trouble, it isn't fair to say that we couldn't have possibly succeeded. Whether we convince 13 other clubs to agree with us is debatable, but it's a perfectly reasonable position to hold. In fact it's the same position that Leeds are holding in stating that they "deserve" promotion - namely that if they aren't allowed to play their success out, it's unfair to say that they couldn't have done it.

I don't see how one club is taking advantage of a situation if the other one isn't.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Folk have been transparent. We know that null and void is unfair. We know it would keep us up and unfairly. A lot of posters have suggested an expanded EPL with you and WBA. And of course clubs near relegation spots will be most concerned. So would you be in our position.

Actually sonyc I think you'll find that Bielsa's sense of honour is so strong that if they were in our position he would already have self-relegated out of fairness to others.

Which is irrelevant anyway, as Bielsa is also the best coach outside of Liverpool and his team are running a daily ultraman to pass the time in quarantine. They wouldn't be in our position.

2 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Folk have been transparent. We know that null and void is unfair. We know it would keep us up and unfairly. A lot of posters have suggested an expanded EPL with you and WBA. And of course clubs near relegation spots will be most concerned. So would you be in our position.

Of course I would be concerned if it looked like we were to be relegated, christ knows as a Leeds fan we have had more than our share of downs.

But........ I wouldn't descend to the desperate attempts of avoiding relegation that these clubs in the premier league currently are, to be honest its quite sickening.

If I was a Notwich fan, and I am being genuine here - I would much rather be relegated fairly, than play another season in the Premier league because the season got "cancelled".

You would be reminded of it at every game, it would be frankly embarrassing.

Far better to go down with your head held high IMHO.

2 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Except that can't be true that there is "little to zero concerns" about player safety - if PPG is ultimately used it will be because the leagues can't restart or ultimately can't finish.....because of fears over safety. Every PL club has said they want to play the games, mainly to avoid having to use PPG or any other calculation to finalise the table. 

All Norwich have said is that if we aren't allowed (for safety reasons) to try to play our way out of trouble, it isn't fair to say that we couldn't have possibly succeeded. Whether we convince 13 other clubs to agree with us is debatable, but it's a perfectly reasonable position to hold. In fact it's the same position that Leeds are holding in stating that they "deserve" promotion - namely that if they aren't allowed to play their success out, it's unfair to say that they couldn't have done it.

I don't see how one club is taking advantage of a situation if the other one isn't.

That's far too logical sgncfc.

2 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Really?????

Watford, West Ham and Brighton want to continue, and don't want PPG?

Where have you been the last few weeks????

1 minute ago, Lowfields1919 said:

Of course I would be concerned if it looked like we were to be relegated, christ knows as a Leeds fan we have had more than our share of downs.

But........ I wouldn't descend to the desperate attempts of avoiding relegation that these clubs in the premier league currently are, to be honest its quite sickening.

If I was a Notwich fan, and I am being genuine here - I would much rather be relegated fairly, than play another season in the Premier league because the season got "cancelled".

Well on that I would agree. 

9 minutes ago, Lowfields1919 said:

And this is the thing......

There is little to zero concerns for the safety of the players and I suspect the vast majority know this.

Like I said - its just another desperate attempt to "null and void".

Funny how all the concerns are coming from clubs threatened with relegation.

The vast majority of people are back at work now, people with "non essential" jobs have been working throughout.

Its all very transparent, and if you are honest you would admit it too.

Think you should take a look at the facts. Do you really feel it is ethical for footballers to get constant tests and as much PPE as they want when our carers and nurses can’t get tests and have to buy their own PPE.

Firstly we are not one of the clubs trying to stop the season going ahead. This is made up by the press.

Try telling Deeney, Kante and others there is no risk.

How can a Leeds fan accuse us of moaning, have a look at your message boards over the last few seasons.

And finally if you think you will be getting loads of cash for promotion, think again. At least part of the season will be behind closed doors.

NB before this happened we had so many injuries ( including Pukki ) that we had no chance. We will begin with a fully fit squad so if we stayed up don’t you think whoever goes down instead may not be to pleased.

2 minutes ago, Lowfields1919 said:

Who exactly has stated we have descended into desperate attempts to avoid relegation ? Then you bang on about going down with our heads held high which i assume you will be with promotion having only played 37 games.....yeah righto whatever.

4 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

The Championship will be voting whether to curtail the season over the next few days.

If 51% of the clubs vote to curtail the season, then the season will be decided on PPG and Leeds would be up.

Now any club acting in self interest in Leeds would vote for the season to be curtailed would they not? after all Leeds would be up and would get their share of the TV cash windfall.

The results of this vote will be made public.

If anyone wants to question the integrity of LUFC and Bielsa I suggest you take a look at this article. (I posted it on another thread).

In short - Leeds United will vote to play on, even though a cancellation would guarantee them promotion.

How many of the bottom 6 in the Premier would act in this way.

Take a look.......

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/ceo-reveals-leeds-united-view-championship-curtailment-covid-19-testing-and-potential-national-embarrassment-2861324

1 minute ago, Well b back said:

Think you should take a look at the facts. Do you really feel it is ethical for footballers to get constant tests and as much PPE as they want when our carers and nurses can’t get tests and have to buy their own PPE.

Firstly we are not one of the clubs trying to stop the season going ahead. This is made up by the press.

How can a Leeds fan accuse us of moaning, have a look at your message boards over the last few seasons.

And finally if you think you will be getting loads of cash for promotion, think again. At least part of the season will be behind closed doors.

NB before this happened we had so many injuries ( including Pukki ) that we had no chance. We will begin with a fully fit squad so if we stayed up don’t you think whoever goes down instead may not be to pleased.

Someone on here put our chances of staying up between 5% and 10%. I reckon that is about right. But I would want to take that chance.

5 minutes ago, Lowfields1919 said:

Please could you provide the evidence our club is one of those objecting ? Our club has even gone on Sky to say we are not one of the seven.

They have however said that if Championship teams don’t finish their season they cannot be promoted. Why are the Championship not playing their remaining fixtures ? Let me guess that Leeds are one of those stopping it happening.

58 minutes ago, Lowfields1919 said:

Who are you trying to fool, apart from yourself?

You are 6 points adrift with an inferior goal difference of 10 on top of that.

You were going down before all this happened and you know it, and you will still be going down after this is all over - be thankful its going to be played out BCD, because otherwise you were down on PPG.

No amount of squealing, or excuse making is going to change that, just hold your hands up, be honest and admit you have been garbage all season and therefore deserve all that is coming to you.

Using a global pandemic as an excuse to avoid relegation (and keep your share of the TV cash for another season even though you don't deserve that cash) is shameful IMHO, just show a bit of integrity, because looking from the outside it is absolutely pathetic, and the overwhelming vast majority can see right through it.

We deserve to go down if the season is completed and we finish in the bottom 3.

We don;t deserve to go down on PPG if the season is not completed. Nobody does and in line with the title of this thread I think it would be unlawful. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lowfields1919 said:

The Championship will be voting whether to curtail the season over the next few days.

If 51% of the clubs vote to curtail the season, then the season will be decided on PPG and Leeds would be up.

Now any club acting in self interest in Leeds would vote for the season to be curtailed would they not? after all Leeds would be up and would get their share of the TV cash windfall.

The results of this vote will be made public.

If anyone wants to question the integrity of LUFC and Bielsa I suggest you take a look at this article. (I posted it on another thread).

In short - Leeds United will vote to play on, even though a cancellation would guarantee them promotion.

How many of the bottom 6 in the Premier would act in this way.

Take a look.......

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/ceo-reveals-leeds-united-view-championship-curtailment-covid-19-testing-and-potential-national-embarrassment-2861324

So we have to believe that your club will vote this way as you are Leeds, but you won’t believe we are not voting against project restart. You will vote which way favours your club, ie if you cannot be promoted if the season finishes you will vote to play, if it is you can go straight up you will vote against. 

49 minutes ago, Lowfields1919 said:

Yep, to be fair it looked like that for the vast majority of the season.

But the gaps were a lot smaller than they are this season - we are 7 points clear, and you are 6 adrift.

Of course its possible we could "fall apart" again - although with our run in that would be even more spectacular than ever before.

And of course you could pull yourself out of the relegation zone (you have the opportunity BCD) as highly unlikely as that is.

But using a global pandemic to desperately try to avoid what was coming is pathetic, and everyone sees through it.

It does make me laugh when people talk about money being the driving factor for continuing, when that is the VERY reason the null and voiders want the season ending - so they can be rewarded with TV cash for failure this season.

Pathetic and cowardly.

We gained 9 points on you over the last 9 games last season.

If Fulham did the same you would probably not finish top 2. Leeds have not won anything yet no matter how much your fans seem to want to award yourselves promition prematurely.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Well b back said:

1 - all PPE procured by the PL is coming from a company in Hong Kong - it is paid directly by the Premier league, and has NO bearing whatsoever on whether nurses or carers can get tests or PPE, in the case of nurses it is the governments responsibility to source and pay for the equipment. The vast majority of care homes are a private business, making small fortunes, so it is THEIR responsibility to care for their staff and provide tests and PPE.

This is another "emotional" spanner being thrown in the works time and again, the premier league sourcing and paying for their own tests has no effect whatsoever on nurses or cares as has been explained many times by the Premier league.

2 - You won't be one of the teams trying to stop the season otherwise you would be down on PPG, were you one of the teams suggesting it though before "null and void" was categorically rejected?

Are you one of the clubs pushing the "championship doesn't play out - no promotion"?

3 - If Troy Deeney or Kante don't want to play then that is up to them - no-one is holding a gun to their head and making them, as has been pointed out many times.

Don't want to play Troy? fine don't.

Whether he should still be paid is another argument.

Stuart Webber- 'We want the season to continue, we want the chance to play our way to safety'

Daniel Farke- 'We want the chance to try and make our little miracle and stay up'

Grant Hanley- 'We as players worked hard to get a fair go at the PL and it would be heartbreaking if we didn't get that chance'

Leeds fans- Best get onto the Norwich fans on Pinkun and let them know they're trying to get the season cancelled to stay up.

I don't think I could bear being so insecure about my club 💛

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Please could you provide the evidence our club is one of those objecting ? Our club has even gone on Sky to say we are not one of the seven.

They have however said that if Championship teams don’t finish their season they cannot be promoted. Why are the Championship not playing their remaining fixtures ? Let me guess that Leeds are one of those stopping it happening.

I don't know where to begin with this nonsense.

Read some of my replies, open the link about Leeds wanting to play the season out.

Of course your club are not objecting "now" - otherwise they would be down on PPG - dear me.........

Who says the championship aren't playing their remaining fixtures??? Again, look at the link I posted, Leeds categorically want to play on and will vote to do so even though a curtailment and PPG would guarantee us promotion, if thats not integrity I don't know what is.

You are totally misinformed it would seem.

And whatever Norwich City say about the championship not finishing has no bearing on relegation, it matters not one bit how the championship chooses to finish, its 3 up 3 down - if you finish bottom 3 you're down simple as that.

5 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

Stuart Webber- 'We want the season to continue, we want the chance to play our way to safety'

Daniel Farke- 'We want the chance to try and make our little miracle and stay up'

Grant Hanley- 'We as players worked hard to get a fair go at the PL and it would be heartbreaking if we didn't get that chance'

Leeds fans- Best get onto the Norwich fans on Pinkun and let them know they're trying to get the season cancelled to stay up.

I don't think I could bear being so insecure about my club 💛

Before null and void was taken off the table, was this their stance? well....... was it???

Of course you want to play on now, all of a sudden it is perfectly safe to do so, wonder why that is???

47 minutes ago, Lowfields1919 said:

Leeds - Bielsa.

Villa - Dean Smith.

Ill leave that there.

Suppose you've got a point, cant ever imagine Dean Smith cheating and spying on training sessions 🤷‍♂️

Just now, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Suppose you've got a point, cant ever imagine Dean Smith cheating and spying on training sessions 🤷‍♂️

More to the point, one is a current Premier League manager and one is too noble to be one 

3 minutes ago, Lowfields1919 said:

I don't know where to begin with this nonsense.

Read some of my replies, open the link about Leeds wanting to play the season out.

Of course your club are not objecting "now" - otherwise they would be down on PPG - dear me.........

Who says the championship aren't playing their remaining fixtures??? Again, look at the link I posted, Leeds categorically want to play on and will vote to do so even though a curtailment and PPG would guarantee us promotion, if thats not integrity I don't know what is.

You are totally misinformed it would seem.

And whatever Norwich City say about the championship not finishing has no bearing on relegation, it matters not one bit how the championship chooses to finish, its 3 up 3 down - if you finish bottom 3 you're down simple as that.

I've just outed this guy, hes Bill in disguise, he used dear me in a reply 😂

Edited by Rich T The Biscuit

59 minutes ago, Lowfields1919 said:

Yep, to be fair it looked like that for the vast majority of the season.

But the gaps were a lot smaller than they are this season - we are 7 points clear, and you are 6 adrift.

Of course its possible we could "fall apart" again - although with our run in that would be even more spectacular than ever before.

And of course you could pull yourself out of the relegation zone (you have the opportunity BCD) as highly unlikely as that is.

But using a global pandemic to desperately try to avoid what was coming is pathetic, and everyone sees through it.

It does make me laugh when people talk about money being the driving factor for continuing, when that is the VERY reason the null and voiders want the season ending - so they can be rewarded with TV cash for failure this season.

Pathetic and cowardly.

We are not using the pandemic to try and avoid relegation. Our clubs has said they want to play.

The question though is what happens if it transpires that we can't play, at either championship level, Prem level or both. 

In that scenario, the season cannot be completed and the default position should be that the season is abandoned and results are expunged. If that is not to happen then any compromise involving PPG should be agreed by all clubs (not just a 51% majority most of whom will have a vested interest) and should not include relegation.

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

We are not using the pandemic to try and avoid relegation. Our clubs has said they want to play.

The question though is what happens if it transpires that we can't play, at either championship level, Prem level or both. 

In that scenario, the season cannot be completed and the default position should be that the season is abandoned and results are expunged. If that is not to happen then any compromise involving PPG should be agreed by all clubs (not just a 51% majority most of whom will have a vested interest) and should not include relegation.

How noble, now null and void has been taken off the table.

Incredibly sporting gesture.

38 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

So getting back to the topic (and ignoring the fact that the Leeds fan makes a very valid point, although in an impolite manner), it shouldn't be any surprise that "a solicitor" will say that there is a possibility of legal action. There is always such a possibility, on which solicitors earn very nice fees.

In this case, however, if 14 clubs vote for it there is absolutely no possibility of any legal action succeeding - you probably won't get a solicitor to admit that, but it's true. Everyone signs up to the PL's terms when they join.

So I'm afraid I agree with the Leeds fan - we survive on the pitch, or we go down. Those really are the only options and no amount of solicitors opinions will change it.

I've had this discussion on another thread. Presumably for financial reasons, the EPL is a Limited Company. There are 21 shares. 20 are owned by the clubs and one by the FA. 

As it is a Limited Company, the Companies Act 2006 gives minority shareholders certain rights. There is no way of knowing what a court would decide but Stuart Webber has clearly taken legal advice. 

I doubt any of this will matter as it's going to take an absolute disaster to stop the season being played out. The relevant legislation is - 

Unfair Prejudice

Where the affairs of a company are being conducted in a manner that is unfairly prejudicial to a shareholder's interests, or an actual or proposed act or omission of the company would be prejudicial, any shareholder can apply to court for relief.

Both prejudice and unfairness must be evidenced.  A member may, for example, be able to demonstrate this where an act or omission has resulted in a disproportionate significant decrease in the economic value of their shareholding, or a company has procured the allotment of shares with the purpose of diluting a minority shareholder's interest.

If successful, the court has a wide range of powers which include:

• regulating the conduct of the company's affairs in the future;
  • requiring the company to refrain from an act, or to carry out an act that it has omitted to do (including ordering the company to amend its constitutional documents)
  • prohibiting changes to the company's articles of association; or
  • requiring shareholders (or the company) to purchase the shares of other shareholders.

So it looks like Norwich would have a case if relegated on points per game or if the Premier League accepted a club from the Championship if they had not been promoted on a full seasons results. 

We have been invaded once again by a Leeds supporter who accuses us of being underhand. Bearing in mind that they were caught blatantly cheating last season that beggars belief. 

• Thanks 1