Sign in to follow this  
essex canary

IGNORE THE NOISE

Picking up on the Club Statement today, are we a listening club or an 'ignore the noise' club?

Apparently the players shouldn't be expected to declare how much they are giving back  but the club was happy to declare how much was paid to them in promotion bonus.

Apparently match day income is £1.5 million per home match. Really! The accounts suggest gate money of around £0.5 million.  I know BK claims to do very well on commercial income but surely not quite that well? If it is that good why not get some of those commercial sponsors to invest in club infrastructure?

• Like 1

With season tickets one would assume ticket prices average out at around £30, so £800k. Then you only have to sell a few pints and you're at the 1.5 million.

4 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

With season tickets one would assume ticket prices average out at around £30, so £800k. Then you only have to sell a few pints and you're at the 1.5 million.

What.... 11 pints for every person in the ground?

13 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Did this really need a new thread?

Your last thread got 2 replies mate. 

Just saying. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

3 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Just saying. 

Hi Teemu,

How is giving up the season ticket going for you? 

Doesn't look at all like an internet flounce.

Just saying.

But please don't leave the forum. I look forward to reading your next attention seeking nonsense.

2 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Hi Teemu,

How is giving up the season ticket going for you? 

Doesn't look at all like an internet flounce.

Just saying.

But please don't leave the forum. I look forward to reading your next attention seeking nonsense.

Hi Terminally

Good to see you have anointed yourself as the thread police, arbiter of what is thread worthy and what isn't. 

I heard there are lots of opportunities in China for people like you, have you considered emigrating? 

13 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Hi Terminally

Good to see you have anointed yourself as the thread police, arbiter of what is thread worthy and what isn't. 

I heard there are lots of opportunities in China for people like you, have you considered emigrating? 

Wow, I knew you'd be quick but I didn't think you'd be this quick with the attention seeking nonsense I predicted!

Perhaps as you disagree with me you might want to start a new thread proclaiming to all how unhappy you are about it and what you're going to give up in protest in a grand gesture to once again look important on the internet? 

Kieran. Your maths doesn't allow for youth and OAP concessions. Match day figure is closer to £500,000.  That leaves about 10 pints per person per game including the kids.

2 hours ago, essex canary said:

Picking up on the Club Statement today, are we a listening club or an 'ignore the noise' club?

Apparently the players shouldn't be expected to declare how much they are giving back  but the club was happy to declare how much was paid to them in promotion bonus.

Apparently match day income is £1.5 million per home match. Really! The accounts suggest gate money of around £0.5 million.  I know BK claims to do very well on commercial income but surely not quite that well? If it is that good why not get some of those commercial sponsors to invest in club infrastructure?

Have you run out of things to paint during the lockdown?...........

11 hours ago, essex canary said:

Kieran. Your maths doesn't allow for youth and OAP concessions. Match day figure is closer to £500,000.  That leaves about 10 pints per person per game including the kids.

You did not include hospitality income with meals and the club shop or programme sales. Car parking at County hall and the list goes on.

• Like 1

It would be interesting to see how much is taken around the ground on match days.  If you assume that some people will spend £10 - £20 on booze, that plenty will buy food around the various club outlets, the hospitality packages, the restaurants, the Gunn Club etc etc, I bet the amount swiftly gets up to over a million including casual ticket sales.

Edited by lake district canary

I can well believe that gross takings are £1 million maybe a little more. What I don't believe is that when costs of supplies are taken into account that there is as much as £1.5 million profit for the club in this each game. I am suggesting they have a tendency to round up the numbers to emphasise whichever point they are seeking to make.

1 minute ago, essex canary said:

I can well believe that gross takings are £1 million maybe a little more. What I don't believe is that when costs of supplies are taken into account that there is as much as £1.5 million profit for the club in this each game. I am suggesting they have a tendency to round up the numbers to emphasise whichever point they are seeking to make.

The accounts are either wrong or £1.5m is wrong. You decide...

Much larger businesses than us have used the government furlough and we are the only club in the premier league that isn’t, frankly, bankrolled by criminal money so I don’t think we should feel bad about this.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Have you run out of things to paint during the lockdown?...........

Not quite, as hes trying to paint the Club in a bad light.

• Haha 2

Consulting last years accounts suggests that non broadcast income for the club equals around £1 million per game. £24 million generated over 23 home league games plus whatever cup games. That figure will include non matchday income relating to some items that are also now lost this year plus some items that will not have been lost  for example mail order club shop purchases and Carrow Road office income charged to Broadland Housing etc. The £1 million  per game will have increased a little in the Premier League but up to £1.5 million?

The only picture I am trying to paint is an honest one.

16 minutes ago, essex canary said:

The only picture I am trying to paint is an distorted one.

There i have fixed it for you essex.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, essex canary said:

What I don't believe is that when costs of supplies are taken into account that there is as much as £1.5 million profit for the club in this each game.

I think you need to read again what was actually said because income as what was actually stated is not profit.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Much larger businesses than us have used the government furlough and we are the only club in the premier league that isn’t, frankly, bankrolled by criminal money so I don’t think we should feel bad about this.

👍👍👍

5 hours ago, essex canary said:

I am suggesting they have a tendency to round up the numbers to emphasise whichever point they are seeking to make.

*shock* business person uses numbers in different ways to get their desired point across.

If that genuinely surprises you then I am shocked.

£1.5m divided by 27,000 works out at just over £55 per person. Assuming the cost of an average ticket (both casual and season tickets) works out at somewhere between £25-30 per game and is included in that figure, £55 seems slightly high but not beyond the realms of possibility.

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

19 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Just saying. 

And your last thread aimed at 'exposing' a poster ended up with nobody really biting, mostly reminiscing about ex-posters, questioning who YOUR alternative used to be and then a couple having a pop at you for your season ticket abandonment and general persona portrayed on the forums.

Not the time for top trumps me thinks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

Does it really say match day income is 1.5m or does it say the cost to our club would be 1.5m per match?

According to essex £1.5m is all profit.

6 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

According to essex £1.5m is all profit.

Wouldnt have him as my accountant then.Id be paying more tax than I earn.