Sign in to follow this  
baldy09

after lockdown

Not sure if I am the only one ? like so many others I been observing the stay at home by the letter !  though now  I feel really apprehensive - when  the lockdown have  been eased I return to work and  THEN  I catch the dreaded virus- so after weeks of isolation could be for nothing, do anyone feel the same, I know we have to return back to some normality but its a worry for us old folk with underlying conditions

Hopefully they will arrange it in the way they should have arranged things in the first place, which is concentrate on protecting the elderly and the vulnerable.

I'm not sure I hold out much hope though, I am concerned about this Government's competence.

• Like 2

Well they keep saying they are doing it their way and not being influenced. Obviously the 1.5M with the dreaded letters have a long way to go yet. The rest of us fall into several categories of course. And different demographics.

We are one nation and one commonwealth so the same conditions apply to us all. So us in isolated Cornwall have to abide by the rules even though we live in entirely different circumstances to a high density housing area in one of the metropolitans.

And I do wonder about age restrictions. I am in my seventieth year but only 69. So I do not have the same restrictions or on the other hand, same advantages as somebody a few months older.

No-one can keep everyone happy. And any lifting of restrictions is likely to be concerning where you can go but not necessarily what you can do.

I love how Trump really backs his advisers. He is electioneering and throwing that guy Fauci to the Fox News inspired, gun toting, red neck voters.

USA= Utterly Stupid Asreholes

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Well they keep saying they are doing it their way and not being influenced. Obviously the 1.5M with the dreaded letters have a long way to go yet. The rest of us fall into several categories of course. And different demographics.

We are one nation and one commonwealth so the same conditions apply to us all. So us in isolated Cornwall have to abide by the rules even though we live in entirely different circumstances to a high density housing area in one of the metropolitans.

And I do wonder about age restrictions. I am in my seventieth year but only 69. So I do not have the same restrictions or on the other hand, same advantages as somebody a few months older.

No-one can keep everyone happy. And any lifting of restrictions is likely to be concerning where you can go but not necessarily what you can do.

I have a sister in Liskeard so I've been looking at the Cornwall figures as well as Norfolk. We've had a bit of a surge over the last 10 days that doesn't appear to have been replicated down there. Thank goodness for that as brother in law is about as vulnerable as you can get.

Stay at home KG and stay safe. The biggest dangers now are boredom and over confidence. 

31 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I have a sister in Liskeard so I've been looking at the Cornwall figures as well as Norfolk. We've had a bit of a surge over the last 10 days that doesn't appear to have been replicated down there. Thank goodness for that as brother in law is about as vulnerable as you can get.

Stay at home KG and stay safe. The biggest dangers now are boredom and over confidence. 

Fully agree

Was concerned in recent weeks, talking to close relatives still in Norfolk - that it was all perceived  to be a bit of a London, urban problem... & that lockdown would stop it spreading to or within God’s own county.

With this possible complacency in mind it saddened, but not shocked, me to see Norfolk’s rates grow more recently. A rough estimate I did last night, using bbc stats (hospital tests only, of course) suggested 0.11% of people officially infected in the county versus 0.15% in our local inner London borough.

Better of course , but nothing to write home about (though I’m sure that a lower threshold for hospital admission now operates in London , & is skewing  the test figures to some degree).

People I know have been engaging in behaviour that bends or breaks the national  advice. No forelock- tugger, I,  but lockdown will only slow it down temporarily... and that too only if people actually observe it - wherever they happen to live.

Edited by GenerationA47

I'm not busting a gut to go anywhere while there's still a chance of catching it so I'll happily bide my time and wait & see what happens before I get back to frequenting places where other people are likely to gather.

If it takes 6 months or more so be it.

4 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I suspect each region will get a surge in cases, just at different times. Just stay at home for as long as it takes, all that those in vulnerable groups can do.

Sure I read on the BBC website that 91% of the public supported the extended 'lockdown' for at least 3 more weeks. But that means 9% didn't and with a fair wind over the next 3 weeks that might increase again if Govt doesn't at least commit to some sort of phased relaxation. The same fickle public are the same fickle football football fans; clap on their front doorsteps every Thursday then grizzle because they can't go to Primark. We want it both ways.

I'm split over this as I have one daughter who's frontline NHS and another who needs to get back to work asap and wants to!

Spoke to me mam yesterday,  she got a bit emotional, wondering when we'd  all see each other again.  So as soon as it's safe to do so , I'll be passing through the fine city to have  a cup of tea with the old gal. 

• Like 1

I am also one of the number that has to be shielded for 12 weeks, to be honest I have no intention of going in any public areas until I am as sure as I can be that it will be safe. I renewed my season ticket prior to the first deadline, to be honest, much as I love NCFC, I will not venture to Carrow Rd until I feel safe, if that means missing the whole of the 20/21 season so be it, I will keep my seat though until it is safe to go back as I am the ultimate "happy clapper" 😀

Edited by Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB

20 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

I am also one of the number that has to be shielded for 12 weeks, to be honest I have no intention of going in any public areas until I am as sure as I can be that it will be safe. I renewed my season ticket prior to the first deadline, to be honest, much as I love NCFC, I will not venture to Carrow Rd until I feel safe, if that means missing the whole of the 20/21 season so be it, I will keep my seat though until it is safe to go back as I am the ultimate "happy clapper" 😀

Yep 59 yr old type 2 diabetic here and I feel exactly the same.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

You are not alone SOB 

I would rather be alive even if it means missing a season. I will also keep my seat. I have a great grandson who could safely use it if there is a restart for the non vulnerable.

• Like 1

There are people with certain conditions who in “normal” times avoid large public gatherings and are cautious with where and how often they go out.

If people are at risk and choose not to go out for longer than the government prescribes then fair play. I think most people will be observing social distancing to some extent for many months after the official lockdown ends. 

I know people in higher risk categories (family members included) who have completely isolated, but many have said things like they’re isolating so they can  see their grandkids grow up or children get married or birth of great grandkids etc. They’ve got things to look forward to still. But those same things mean even those in high risk categories aren’t going to want to be banned by law from seeing their own family for ever. You have to be able to make your own decisions eventually.