Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

I’m absolutely livid at what has happened to my father in law in hospital today. He has terminal cancer and was admitted to hospital two days ago with breathing problems, the consultants concluded it was an infection and have given him antibiotics and told him he should be discharged today. On arrival he was tested as negative for covid but we’ve found out that even though he’s tested negative he’s been moved to the covid ward. I’m furious, if he now catches it, it’s on them

1 minute ago, JF said:

I’m absolutely livid at what has happened to my father in law in hospital today. He has terminal cancer and was admitted to hospital two days ago with breathing problems, the consultants concluded it was an infection and have given him antibiotics and told him he should be discharged today. On arrival he was tested as negative for covid but we’ve found out that even though he’s tested negative he’s been moved to the covid ward. I’m furious, if he now catches it, it’s on them

Sounds to me that they believe he has covid even though tested negative.

10 minutes ago, JF said:

Really sorry for JF. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JF said:

No wonder you are livid mate. Thats the last thing you need to worry about. Are you allowed to visit him?

Nothing from Zahawi yet. He really is earning his money.

Is it any wonder there is a problem with delivery? He might be using Graylings ferries.

Its about time even the staunchest Tory admitted your Government is all mouth.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, paul moy said:

So, three Spurs players broke Tier 4 rules over Xmas by spending Xmas together with their families.

Lamela, Reguilon and Lo Celso.......

Furthermore, Lamela and Lo Celso have tested positive.

All Boris's fault isn't it ?????

You are quite right as leader of our country he should not be held accountable for anything.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, JF said:

Sorry to read this JF. Hope he will be ok.

I thought that hospitals were ruthlessly separating people with Covid from those not. Obviously this is not the case.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

No wonder you are livid mate. Thats the last thing you need to worry about. Are you allowed to visit him?

No, no visitors at all. Really don’t know what’s going on. Just been to see the mother in law who’s in pieces over it as he is already incredibly weak through his cancer and chemo. Just hoping a second negative test will mean they will discharge him home soon 

14 hours ago, sonyc said:

Government were threatened today by nine authorities who joined up and wrote a joint letter .... the London boroughs .....they were going to take legal action

The NAHT now too.

That does not sound good JF, he would have been better off at home as it sounds like.

Its to be seen when the rest of the 20 million doses of Pfizer vaccine are being delivered, as yet only 800.000 have been received.

There is nobody who gives us any real hopeful information. Imho we should be getting daily updates as to how many vaccinations are carried out, this slow drivel from Hancock is a proper wind up that does not give anybody any hope of confidence in delivery. But he wore a UK flag on his mask for the first day of the year, just to show how much he likes the uncertainty this cabinet has created.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nevermind, neoliberalism has had it said:

Its to be seen when the rest of the 20 million doses of Pfizer vaccine are being delivered, as yet only 800.000 have been .

Imho we should be getting daily updates as to how many vaccinations are carried out, 

I thought we had done nearly a million inoculations by 27 December . Are you sure about this 800,000 thing?

Hopefully ricardo will be giving us the vaccination figures in his daily update!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, paul moy said:

So, three Spurs players broke Tier 4 rules over Xmas by spending Xmas together with their families.

Lamela, Reguilon and Lo Celso.......

Furthermore, Lamela and Lo Celso have tested positive.

All Boris's fault isn't it ?????

Hi

As bad as this is I cannot see any info that those 2 tested positive. I do follow how it’s spreading in football, could you give me a link please.

1 minute ago, Barbe bleu said:

I thought we had done nearly a million inoculations by 27 December . Are you sure about this 800,000 thing?

Hopefully ricardo will be giving us the vaccination figures in his daily update!

According to Pfizer today we have 4 million and they are not happy, but I am at a loss as to who to believe anymore.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JF said:

No, no visitors at all. Really don’t know what’s going on. Just been to see the mother in law who’s in pieces over it as he is already incredibly weak through his cancer and chemo. Just hoping a second negative test will mean they will discharge him home soon 

This is the big problem atm isn’t it, getting info when you can’t get in there to talk to people, it’s very distressing, best wishes👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sonyc said:

Sorry to read this JF. Hope he will be ok.

I thought that hospitals were ruthlessly separating people with Covid from those not. Obviously this is not the case.

That was the intention but certainly around here they have been mixing Covid and non-Covid patients for weeks and weeks. They don't like it any more than we do but they really have no choice unless they turn away non-Covid patients which is what they are increasingly doing.

Of course if they had the doctors and nurses to staff the Nightingales then things may have looked quite a bit different..............

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

Hopefully yes, but it should be a positive daily feature in announcements, time to create a little hope and trust.

1 hour ago, nevermind, neoliberalism has had it said:

Hopefully yes, but it should be a positive daily feature in announcements, time to create a little hope and trust.

Absolutely seeing  the number of vaccinations going up and up will surely lift spirits.  

But then maybe we dont want people to assume thst all is good in the world until it is

3 hours ago, Barbe bleu said:

The figure of 944,539 vaccinations on 27th December has not been updated on the website.

6 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Local situation continues to get worse.

image.png.274975d442d7a7c640c7284e1001feaf.png

image.png.888e41aa180fba01252141cd39041084.png

Blimey, that is not good. Is it spread evenly or clusters. Ours has gone up in Cornwall but down to three clusters really.

19 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Local situation continues to get worse.

image.png.274975d442d7a7c640c7284e1001feaf.png

image.png.888e41aa180fba01252141cd39041084.png

I hope those 122 get through it okay

On the up here but still below England average.

Hopefully this mornings visit by the Barnsley team won’t have seeded any more virus!

image.png

So now we’ve managed to get a small amount of information about my father in law from the hospital in question, and it’s been hard to get any, It seems that on admission he was placed onto the covid ward before he was tested, Now that test has come back as negative again they are planning on moving him out of the covid ward and into a normal one. Am quite astonished that they placed a 74 year old man with terminal cancer onto a covid ward before actually having any evidence that he had it. 

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, JF said:

So now we’ve managed to get a small amount of information about my father in law from the hospital in question, and it’s been hard to get any, It seems that on admission he was placed onto the covid ward before he was tested, Now that test has come back as negative again they are planning on moving him out of the covid ward and into a normal one. Am quite astonished that they placed a 74 year old man with terminal cancer onto a covid ward before actually having any evidence that he had it. 

I would imagine it frightened the poor chap. Not good enough.

Edited by keelansgrandad

3 hours ago, JF said:

How odd.  I could get the idea of a holding ward but to put people in close contact with the very thing you dont want them to get seems strange indeed. Hopefully its just poor communication and, more hopefully, nothing comes of it. I'm sure it'll be ok

• Like 1

Deleted. Answered in another thread.

Edited by Herman